You opinion on V1.19 update

• Thread starter RockstarVampire
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Alright,..
Now,..After all the excitement about this update has cooled down...What are your opinions?
Is this update-
-Excellent...(10/10)
-Good...(9/10)
-Fair...(8/10)
-Fine...(7/10)
-O.K....(6/10)
-Not that good...(5/10)
-Not upto my expectations...(4/10)
-Bad...(3/10)
-Really bad...(2/10)
-Worse of all...(1/10)
-Atleast, There was an update!............

IMO,..Atleast,..There was an update!..And we have reached closer to the V1.20 update!..Which brings forts!..

[I moved the votes from the other 1.19 update thread to this one, instead of having them in two places - Elmyr]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

2/10...about new items in new shops only...

6/10 apart frm it ..its fine

DeletedUser

8/10 from me. :) :) I don't think it's too bad, I am very excited about the sets, and have decided to be a charlatan. All I have to do is wait for someone to get the items so I can go shop, or simply start a new town with some town members. How hard can it be?

DeletedUser

(5 1/2) - Not great, not horrible...

I'll also add that I am happy there was atleast SOME sort of update. So i'm definatlly not ungrateful. I just wish they wouldn't have tossed to the side the color set aspect, especially without publicly announcing it.

DeletedUser

I need to start a new thread to start a poll and I think it would be too negative now, since a) people are upset about only new stores getting new items and b) sets are bugged.

DeletedUser

So far, my character are all a little too low and broke for some of the updates. However, My town on world 6 is new and I will be able to get new items in the store so I am very happy. I also like the animations. When you sleep the chest goes up and down! Awesome.

7/10

DeletedUser

After all is said and done, this update gets a 2/10 from me.

The developers shared great ideas and promised us exciting new items, but when it came to delivery, they ignored their most important audience -- active/legacy players. It is not far-fetched to assume that developers knew this would be an issue, but allowed it to occur with hopes that players with cash would register on additional, newer worlds. Who wants to build a brand new town on World 1 with so many established towns already around? New towns are at a disadvantage in old Worlds, as their builders and contributers are farmed harder by more experienced duelers in established towns. If you want to start a new town, you go to a new world. The exception is with Empires, who can erect a new town in a matter of two weeks.

So, the developers have...

1. Snubbed mid-level 42,800 towns.
2. Insidiously encouraged us to spend more on premiums in newer worlds
3. Given even more advantages to Empires
4. Forced high-level players to rack up massive wait time while collecting the new items
5. Set a precedent that future updates will simply exclude existing towns

All in all, I say The West has fallen quite a few pegs today, and it managed to do so via only one seemingly subtle change. I'm certainly not as excited about the game as I was yesterday (in general).

DeletedUser

yep the update is for empires they will attract more members with the new items so in older worlds i give it a 2/10, but in new worlds let it be 8/10

DeletedUser

lol, chill out dudes :)

what do you do when you need a brown shawl but your town doenst have on ? you go and buy in other town. now this will happen to these new items :) count them as "not popped in specifically your town".
in general it is great, since new ppl would join the older worlds (1 2 3 ) in order to build new towns... and thats more than great.

i give 9/10

id gave 10/10 if only some sets would contribute more to higher lvl chaps like me :)

when you rethink it over it is not that bad

DeletedUser

this was a "make it flashy update"

nothing new, especially in the field of quests, story telling is awfully disregarded as irrelevant

my only goal is to aimlessly collect all sets since i have a collectionares streak in me... other than that, nothing new or important

so 2/10 for the west update

but 10/10 for the west stats update - town items and positioning rock! and all other small twinks especially fond of description of items in inventory window.

DeletedUser

9/10 I my opinion anything tat keeps a game fresh and adds new tactics and stops people sitting on there laurels is a good thing. The most interesting aspect of the game is the diplomacy and this forces everyone to do more of it.
If it's really upsetting a lot of exsisting long term players(though it shouldn't unless they're really lazy) perhaps a limited demolish function so you can knock down some levels of your shops and rebuild them at an incresed cost once or twice.

DeletedUser

You won't. Only new store levels get new items. Morthy commented on it here or in one of the other 1.19 threads.

this thing is just strange thinking, lack of logic. We've all built towns, now why will old town remain like this and new towns have bonuses?
If there's a point in this, please explain it, as i don't see it. IS there a difference between the stores from old towns and the stores built from now on? I mean a logical, explainable difference?
And with the old towns, what, we just abandon and start over? That's a real ugly way to try reviving old worlds, if that's what it is.
Many of builder spent time and money to re-spec and now they should do what? re-spec so they build new towns? Many towns have been build, now we all have 2 leave them so we can have new items? Or wait a long time for new towns to be built?

I give the update, for this HUGE illogic move, 1/10.

DeletedUser

m2c? 1/10

i feel about as [unhappy] as i did when the devs decieded to move all job locations. here you had spent time to find a good spot to start a new town, only to have the good jobs moved away. okeeey, thank you devs?

and now my town, a struggeling 16 player town not part of any alliance, with general store and tailor already maxed, wont get any of the new items? okeeey, thank you devs?

conclusion?
if the devs dont fix this i'm quiting, and so is most of my town-mates. we've already discussed that playing the west feels more and more repetative and frankly... kinda meaningless. we were looking foreward to 1.19 though. now i'm not so sure anymore.

/Tobababy

*edit*
i'd like an settings option for static or animated working.gif aswell. just like flash/html-view of duels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

9/10 I my opinion anything tat keeps a game fresh and adds new tactics and stops people sitting on there laurels is a good thing. The most interesting aspect of the game is the diplomacy and this forces everyone to do more of it.
If it's really upsetting a lot of exsisting long term players(though it shouldn't unless they're really lazy) perhaps a limited demolish function so you can knock down some levels of your shops and rebuild them at an incresed cost once or twice.

increased cost? what for? is our fault we built our towns not imagining that some day someone will decide to have new items only on new built towns? Sorry if i miss your point, but what i understand is that you want to be able to catch up with "exsisting long term players". Well, then this is not the way, just try working it up as we all did.