You have been outbid

DeletedUser

This is not good atm.
People sit and cast in bids the last second.
Unless you cover each auction with an alarm clock you are likely not winning.
An update seems apropriate here.

Either something like 'The auction ends somewhere between 00.00 and 06.00' or some kind of 'hidden' bidding system.

It wouldnt surprise me if there are market scripts out there making theese bids in the last second.

DeletedUser32882

I'm sure there are.I never won a trade like that.I really don't know how they do it but they always out bid me in the last miliseconds:(.
But there is a very simple fix to this problem.When a product/items enters in the last 3 minutes of his auctioned time ,every bid made from now on should raise the auction time by 3 minutes.It's very simple.This way everyone will have a chance on getting that item/product and u will see how those 1$ bids will vanish.
And ofc if someone outbids u the auction time will be raised again...giving a chance to other players to join the bid and so on.Now if u bid 1$ u will incres the time of the auction and risk to let other players to join in the bid.
It's very simple and i think the dev's should think about this.

DeletedUser

sorry, but is not gonna work. just imagine that you really need to buy bulk of 50 wood for very low price which is on market at that time and somebody will place bid on it 3 mins before the end of the auction and you won't be able to do anything , just stare at it and be frustrated that you couldn't bid anymore. I personally just wait for the end and trying to bid on item. Of course this is not very good tactic especially when you have more items ending at same time.

I think something similar to ebay would be more appropriated. You set your max bid and system will bid on your behalf each time somebody else will over bid you,but only up to your max price. This would allow you to place bids on more items ending same or similar time without even being logged in.

I was really hoping before market was gonna come out, this would be similar process, but is not. Other problem is, auctions ending in very bad times , either very early morning or when you at work/school, so automatic bidding would be best solution.

DeletedUser32882

Mate i'm talking about the items that are set for minim price only.Those items that have the max bid reached will not have there time raised.If u pay what the owner asks i see no reason not to get the products.
I'm only talking about the items that have a minim price.

DeletedUser

Yes, bidding price, not buy it immediately :) However, you as a seller, place an item on market because you really need money and if people start posting bids and auction will become delayed 3 mins after each bid, you could end up with few day delay if you are selling item which is rare or people really need it. I think, the chance that something will change is very very little. :/

DeletedUser

Yes, bidding price, not buy it immediately :) However, you as a seller, place an item on market because you really need money and if people start posting bids and auction will become delayed 3 mins after each bid, you could end up with few day delay if you are selling item which is rare or people really need it. I think, the chance that something will change is very very little. :/

But then the prize will go up a lot.
There could be also something like 'if you bid during the last 3 min period, your raise must be higher than your last raise' or something to prevent your scenario.

I think the +3min suggestion was pretty good.
A lot better than it is today.

DeletedUser563

This thread can be closed. Tom if you hover your mouse over time left for a bid the exact time is displayed in days , hours minutes and seconds. So therefore your complaint has been taken care of. :D Or I think anyway. Such a script would be considered a bot and should be punished as you imply a program /bot competing with normal users. I dont think you could load the game in different windows and higher bids* so guess we are stuck with a massive pool of players bidding on the same item(most likely scenario usually) or bots.

In tribal wars you can/could load multiple attacks in different tabs. You would then "tab: through the pages and click on attack landing a multi attack in m milliseconds. Oh how I fondly remember my first 1500 attack fakie multi.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20147

If there's an item that I really want from the open market and I see it auctioned off like that I will put a huge offer from a get go so nobody in their right mind would outbid it. Otherwise I won't bother with auctions because it's a lot of trouble for nothing because you end up losing it anyway. I prefer the immediate purchase prices - if that's an option I will go with that. If I want something really cheap I will trade with townies.

DeletedUser32882

Mate the time will go up whit 3 minutes only when the auction enters in his last 3-5 minutes.Only then each bid will raise the duration of the auction.And so ppl will no longer bid 1 $ cuz it has no sense.This way the one that really wants that product or that item and ofc whit the necessary cash will get it.

DeletedUser

....This way the one that really wants that product or that item and ofc whit the necessary cash will get it.
Not necessarily - the one who wants that product and ofc whit the necessary cash AND WHO CAN BE ONLINE AND STAY ONLINE BEFORE THE BID ENDS will get it.

DeletedUser16008

Think of it like ebay ... if you want it, use buy it now. If you want to play auctions then expect a last minute outbid.

DeletedUser

I'm a sniper and don't feel even a little bit guilty about it. If the sellers don't like it, set an immediate purchase price. I'd rather pay that anyway, as long as it's reasonable. I've posted a thousand auctions and every single one of them had an immediate purchase price. If the other buyers don't like it, tough. I'll bid on something I can't be online when the auction ends, but I really don't expect to win it and neither should you.

DeletedUser

Not necessarily - the one who wants that product and ofc whit the necessary cash AND WHO CAN BE ONLINE AND STAY ONLINE BEFORE THE BID ENDS will get it.

Boring!
It reminds me of the Diablo2 days, when all the kids had 'grab bots'.
Best grabber got the items.

DeletedUser563

Well with the exact time available to all now. Its as question of the resources you employ to win your bids. You can put your bid in to land there with latency a second before the auction closes. Then again the program may throw everyone bidding beforehand in a queue and then determining the winner this way. I suggest some experimentation between a few players on low priced items.