You are looking for me?!

Clever Hans

I'd gladly volounteer if more events were not just a distraction from the fact there is basically no new game content (if one doesn't count releasing new useless sets, changing numbers on old gear or new questlines with poor rewards). Also, since most of the game features are unbalanced and broken for years now, not sure how anyone expects that players can enjoy the events and game in current situation. Those few that do join, will do it just to get the premium OP items, not coz these events are fun.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Pay me! You can have honorable job if you want to! Pay me, if you want to make money from my work! Where the hell do we live?!
If you are interested in a full-time position at InnoGames you are welcome to browse our career page. :) Other than that, joining our team as a volunteer is a great opportunity to advance and gain some experience in the gaming industry, along with a lot of other benefits.

Victor Kruger

If you are interested in a full-time position at InnoGames you are welcome to browse our career page. :) Other than that, joining our team as a volunteer is a great opportunity to advance and gain some experience in the gaming industry, along with a lot of other benefits.

Seeing as this thread is open and I was considering applying to rejoin the team it seems time/knowledge value ratio appears to have changed rather drastically and for the worse.

Am i correct in assuming there is now no consistent set monthly nugget remuneration anymore for the average 50 + hrs a month actual ( work ) at least the team members will and do put in, probably more and now rewarded with titbits as Inno see fit to throw out even though nuggets actually cost Inno $0 ? :huh: Assuming thats the case then Wow how things have changed, as they make shed loads more $ the staff that make the wheels go round on a daily basis in the player community and actually add game and support value get less ! ... classic Plc shareholder centric attitude :no:

hmm Inno can run but it cannot hide as a Plc Charities need Volunteers not multi billion Corps.. thats a considered cost vs ROI. Spin it any way you wish.. but basically thats saying part time work isnt worth any remuneration pay at all even tho it would cost Inno literally $0 .. IF thats now the case its pretty shameful and frankly taking piss out of a player base or candidates that have probably paid in real $ ... Not a very good look so lets see Inno has been doing these past few years ?

InnoGames saw record-breaking revenues of $266 million in 2020 https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/75...ord-breaking-revenues-of-266-million-in-2020/ Mobile games developer and publisher InnoGames had a record-breaking year in 2020. The German studio saw €220 million ($266 million) in revenue, a rise of 15 per cent year-on-year.

InnoGames surpasses $1 billion in revenue. https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/72...eveloper-innogames-1-billion-dollars-revenue/

InnoGames recently revealed at Devcom 2019 that there are 35 people maintaining the €500 million revenue Forge of Empires.

The West gets not even one fulltime ..If that is the case and it sure seems it is, shame on InnoGames Plc for being so cheap

Are The West Dev part timers also paid in undisclosed " benefits" instead now too ? :'P

Interesting the bigger a Corp gets the more tightass and penny pinching to the ones who make all the difference to what they are making $ on. Probably got virtually unpaid interns like most big Coorps .. Exploitation is what it is.

Ofc If im wrong and there is a consistent monthly reward for the work as there used to be then I apologise and perhaps that should be made clear. It also might attract better quality and or diligent players who might consider donating their time, if they didnt feel these positions that require game expertise and knowledge isnt little more than pure exploitation yet again of the player base..

No wonder Inno cant keep a quality or game team for longer than 5 mins anymore.

Oh well such is the world and value of peoples time and knowledge these days. :roll:

Last edited:

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the position which we have announced.

As this is a volunteer position we are looking mostly for dedicated players who would enjoy doing something nice on the game which they love. I also started as Supporter on Tribal Wars, and I enjoyed it tremendously. However, I can understand that some are not very motivated without being paid for it, and that is totally fine - as said, you are more than welcome to browse our career page also.

We do not have any time requirements for team members, everyone helps how much they can and in whatever they want to. I believe that in order to maintain a fun atmosphere everyone should enjoy what they are doing. We have more kind of token of appreciations, also regular, semi-regular or surprise ones.

Victor Kruger

Im not dissatisfied with the positions at all, just clarifying a few details. I wasnt looking for a career just expect fair treatment and merely pointing out how things have changed, that experience and knowledge used to be more valued here than it clearly is now and "volunteers" who will have probably paid in no small amount of $ are just being exploited despite nuggets costing Inno absolutely nothing if they chose, as they used to before making the really big $$ now they dont n that is rather telling.

Ofc theres no minimum hrs input officially nor was there ever, nevertheless, knowing what some events n such can entail, one who loves the game will find it can be quite time consuming occasionally, you know this and so does Inno. However way you cut it... Inno obviously valued its community help 10 years ago far more than it does now, clearly.

I can understand that some big Corps are not very motivated to treat fairly those who literally keep the community spending $ on their product if they can get away with free labour, it only adds to the bottom line.. in this case tho it dosnt at all, which makes little sense other than because they can. Thats a shame but hardly surprising.

Oh well thanks for the clarifications Syntex & GL

delldell56

That would only work for someone interested on a job, in Germany, involving Forge of Empires, Elvenar or the newly released Rise of Empires. Even Grepolis gets more love, whilst The West gets absolutely none as it has happened since 2012. Good luck to those applying, there's currently an opening to create stronger relationships with the FoE VIP accounts, which basically consist in...creating events for those players; and interacting & talking to them about their needs and what they want changed or improved. Description sounds familiar? That one is a paid job in Euros, oh! and fresh fruit, free gym and other perks. Inno will even assist if relocation is needed.