Yellow Indian Necklace or Metal Cross?

Red Falcon

I am about to get a Metal Cross as a reward from completing the Precious Rocks quest. Should I keep it and wear it or just sell it for over $250? My Yellow Indian Necklace gives +7 to Animal Instinct. The Metal Cross gives +1 to all attributes.

DeletedUser

I keep everything unless I have another of the same type of item that gives the same (or higher) buffs.

Red Falcon

Okay. I see. So, what I need to know is: Will the Metal Cross affect the types of jobs I can do if I am let's say...Level 28? And there are certain jobs I can do that I don't want to not be able to do by wearing the Metal Cross. That's the main reason I asked this question.

DeletedUser

The most a metal cross can add to your labour score is 5, so it isn't a great item. But it still could get you over the line for jobs you are just about to reach.

You should use either The West Tool or The West Stats to keep track of your best gear for each job and then you'll be able to see what gear you no longer need.

DeletedUser

Are you trying to just wear one set of clothing all the time? That's... desirable, from a laziness PoV, but you'll find it handy to keep alternative clothing with you and switch around for different jobs.

Red Falcon

Well, I am not actually being lazy. What I am doing is buying the best or close to the best kind of clothing I can get/afford from my town. The buildings in my town are pretty good, though I cannot yet afford some of the things in the shop.

DeletedUser

I just keep almost everything unless i need money for something. but then i first sell useless items, then dubbled items and if that isn't enough I do jobs. If I was you I would keep it.

DeletedUser

keep both. the golden necklace can help more than the metal cross on some jobs, but on others, it wont help at all, and you'll want to use the metal cross.

Red Falcon

I knew it!

I just got the metal cross a while ago and equippedd it. And now I am really close to being able to do even more jobs! This means that now I can focus on leveling up other skills for higher level jobs that I will unlock later on.

Thanks again, guys! :D

DeletedUser

I just got the metal cross a while ago and equippedd it. And now I am really close to being able to do even more jobs!​

That's exactly what I said. That's why there is no one "best" item. It varies depending on which job you want to do, because the skills needed vary from job to job and the skill bonuses vary from item to item.

Anyway, I'm glad it makes sense to you now. Happy hunting.​