Yay for the Tea Party

DeletedUser

Well, sure enough, the Republican Party got exactly what they wanted when they encouraged the ignorant masses, trolling about as the so-called Tea Party, to undermine American ideals and discourage people from voting.

DeletedUser

I don't think you researched this at all, as voter turnout was average to above average for mid-term elections....

DeletedUser

The Tea Party is simply a faction. Just like other factions, it will eventually grow and overtake one of the two parties, or fade into oblivion.

Either way, three parties won't exist for long, according to Duverger's Law.

DeletedUser

The tea party isn't really a party. No candidates ran under the tea party, but instead the republicans. It is like a party within a party sort of like blue dogs for the democrats except a little different. Its hard to describe but it isn't its own party.

DeletedUser

how the hell is this a discusion/debate this is simply inflamitory remarks agianst a group of people you dont agree with

DeletedUser

how the hell is this a discusion/debate this is simply inflamitory remarks agianst a group of people you dont agree with

Fine, then let's turn it into a debate. I have three main grievances against the Tea Party:

1) Contrary to popular belief, the Obama White House has cut taxes. The Tea Party insists that taxes are too high, when in actuality, they are lower than during the Bush presidency. At the same time, the Tea Party is in extreme favor of Bush. The Tea Party also insists that they will lower these taxes if put in power, but offer no practical solution. Saying you'll cut government spending isn't enough -- you need to say where, and make sure it's not rerouted into another project. Not to mention the government is approximately 13.6tril in debt.

2) The Tea Party states they will raise jobs, but when asked how, the question is usually avoided. To raise the number of available jobs for financially troubled businesses requires a financial grant from the government. This requires more government spending which, coincidentally, the government receives funding for via taxes.

3) The Tea Party believes we need to get back to the Christian views of the founding fathers. I'm a Christian, yet I don't believe a word of this. Thomas Jefferson wrote his own New Testament, omitting all of Jesus' miracles -- believing they were more speculation and parables than historical events. Ben Franklin was a member of a Christian sect that rationalized all Biblical miracles and events. Thomas Paine was an atheist, stating that "the only true religion is Deism." Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Oh, and by the way, "I'm not a witch. I'm nothing you've heard. [I have no experience in government.]" - Christine O'Donnell

DeletedUser

I don't believe that Texas oilmen, self-made men, lawyers, washed-up film stars or east-coast liberals truly reflect the whole spectrum of American society. There are plenty of blue-collar, simpleton xenophobes in the US and why shouldn't they have their own (sub-)party?

DeletedUser

OK soo many points where you couldnt be more wrong
one , Most of the tea party DOESNT support bush as bush as jsut as bad about increasing government and too much spending ( bush was NOT a fiscal conservative he was a moderate)

secondly tax rates overall were lowered by bush and obama and co HAVE raised them and want to raise them further

furthermore the tea party is abou FISCAL conservatisim members range all across the social spectrum and a great number of tea party supporters are accualy independants and even blue dog democrats

and agian i reitterate that standing around BASHING a group of hte population simply because tehy have differing views isnt a discusion or a debate its simply Blind BIGGOTRY

DeletedUser

The tea party is about gathering a bunch of gullible conservative halfwits to force their blind ways on the masses, and quite frankly their popularity frightens me.

DeletedUser

The tea party is about gathering a bunch of gullible conservative halfwits to force their blind ways on the masses, and quite frankly their popularity frightens me.

Not surprising you choose to call a group a random bunch of names without any real argument behind it besides the names you call them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not surprising you choose to call a group a random bunch of names without any real argument behind it besides the names you call them

Chrstine O'Donnell.
'nuff said.

DeletedUser

christine odonnel ISNT the tea party she is one member

and i doubt you have any REAL justification for insulting her either

this entire thread is nothing more than a WHOLE lotta sour grapes

DeletedUser

Insinuation. How clever!

Chrstine O'Donnell.
'nuff said.

Indeed, this being said however one member doesn't make up the whole party. If we are judging large groups as one member then every organization every were is terrible. I am not a member of the tea party nor the republican party.

DeletedUser22575

well we could add this nut case to the list along with "Miss I am not a witch".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101106/ap_on_el_se/us_nevada_senate_angle

She left lots of fodder for future opponents. She ran TV spots that showed Mexicans as gang members, told Hispanic students they looked Asian, mused about an armed revolt against Capitol Hill, blasted abortions in all cases and warned of a Muslim terrorist situation in a Texas city that no longer exists. She told a reporter she would only explain her policy positions after she was elected

or we could talk about how they want to mutter about dismantling the Education Department, curb government regulation of business, lower taxes, privatize and phase out social security and dismantle the health care plan.

I don't know about you but I am for anything that let business destroy the environment, (remember Paul Rands comments about Obama being unamerican by picking on poor BP after they wrecked the gulf) removes the safety blanket for our seniors, and leaves 100 of thousands of our own citizens without any sort of health care while we continue to pour millions of dollars of aid to foreign countries (want to discuss Iraq and wmd's and the perpetual rebuilding of that country?).

And most of all I want my great and great great grandchildren to grow up as as uneducated and bigoted as these fruit loops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

Membership and demographics

Several polls have been conducted on the demographics of the movement. Though the various polls sometimes turn up slightly different results, they tend to show that Tea Party supporters are mainly white and slightly more likely to be male, married, older than 45, more conservative than the general population, and likely to be more wealthy and have more education.[52][53][54][55][56]

One Gallup poll found that other than gender, income and politics, self-described Tea Party members were demographically similar to the population as a whole.[57]

When surveying supporters or participants of the Tea Party movement, polls have shown that they are significantly more likely to be registered Republican, have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party and an unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Party.[56][58] The Bloomberg News poll showed that 40% are 55 or older, 79% are white, 61% are men and 44% identify as "born-again" Christians,[59] compared to 23.4%,[60] 75%,[61] 48.5%,[62] and 34%[63] for the general population, respective

Basically what we have here is a bunch of aging, white men who are born again bible thumpers who want to return the country to what it was when they were young...

DeletedUser

well we could add this nut case to the list along with "Miss I am not a witch".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101106/ap_on_el_se/us_nevada_senate_angle

She left lots of fodder for future opponents. She ran TV spots that showed Mexicans as gang members, told Hispanic students they looked Asian, mused about an armed revolt against Capitol Hill, blasted abortions in all cases and warned of a Muslim terrorist situation in a Texas city that no longer exists. She told a reporter she would only explain her policy positions after she was elected

or we could talk about how they want to mutter about dismantling the Education Department, curb government regulation of business, lower taxes, privatize and phase out social security and dismantle the health care plan.

I don't know about you but I am for anything that let business destroy the environment, (remember Paul Rands comments about Obama being unamerican by picking on poor BP after they wrecked the gulf) removes the safety blanket for our seniors, and leaves 100 of thousands of our own citizens without any sort of health care while we continue to pour millions of dollars of aid to foreign countries (want to discuss Iraq and wmd's and the perpetual rebuilding of that country?).

And most of all I want my great and great great grandchildren to grow up as as uneducated and bigoted as these fruit loops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

Membership and demographics

Several polls have been conducted on the demographics of the movement. Though the various polls sometimes turn up slightly different results, they tend to show that Tea Party supporters are mainly white and slightly more likely to be male, married, older than 45, more conservative than the general population, and likely to be more wealthy and have more education.[52][53][54][55][56]

One Gallup poll found that other than gender, income and politics, self-described Tea Party members were demographically similar to the population as a whole.[57]

When surveying supporters or participants of the Tea Party movement, polls have shown that they are significantly more likely to be registered Republican, have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party and an unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Party.[56][58] The Bloomberg News poll showed that 40% are 55 or older, 79% are white, 61% are men and 44% identify as "born-again" Christians,[59] compared to 23.4%,[60] 75%,[61] 48.5%,[62] and 34%[63] for the general population, respective

Basically what we have here is a bunch of aging, white men who are born again bible thumpers who want to return the country to what it was when they were young...

sooo because shes a christian who once dated a satanist as a teenage shes obviously crazy
and no liberals have any wierd views of ever say wierd things

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)... Barack Hussien Obama

''The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.''

—Barack Obama, in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''

—Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008

''UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.''

—Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009
A ''light skinned'' African-American ''with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.''

—Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, arguing in 2008 that race would help rather than hurt Barack Obama's eventual presidential bid (Reid's comments were published in the book ''Game Change'')
''I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it.''

—Sen. John Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq, March 19, 2004
''See, Barack's been talking down to black people on this faith-based...I want to cut his nuts off.''

—Jesse Jackson, caught on an open mic whispering to a colleague about Barack Obama, whom he was criticizing for lecturing African Americans about taking more responsibility for raising children, July 6, 2008
''Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.''

—Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C
''I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. ''

—Bill Clinton, Jan. 26, 1998
''I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.''

—Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in an interview with 'Esquire' magazine
and now for some real fun ones
“It is a decision of the Supreme Court. So this is almost as if God has spoken.”

– Nancy Pelosi reacting to the Supreme Court’s decision on “eminent domain”
“The President and his Right-wing Supreme Court think it is ‘okay’ to have the government take your house if they feel like putting a hotel where your house is.”

– DNC Chairman Howard Dean, conveniently “forgetting” that it was the liberal wing of the Court that gave the US this outrage

American presence in Iraq is more dangerous to world peace than nuclear threats from North Korea or Iran.
– Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., to an audience of more than 200 in North Miami
“We know that no one person can succeed unless everybody else succeeds.”
– Howard Dean
I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. — “Journalist” Chris Matthews

"do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7 — building 7, which collapsed in on itself — it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trade
1 and 2 got hit by planes — 7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible. "—​
Rosie O’Donnell talks Trutherism

and do i even need to post teh anita dunn mao video or obamas czar van jones the admited communist ?

yeah liberals never say ANYTHING unusual lol