Script xShteff's Silly Script Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34084

Since a new tamboola™ was announced on zz not too long ago, I believe it's the right time to release something I and Diggo have been working on for the past few weeks. What is it? Well, it's pretty much a replacement for the already existing TW-Friends userscript.

After installing the script, if there's a tamboola™ running, you'll see a new counter that'll allow you to open a window from where you can send currency to your friends, see how many currency the friend sent to you and all the timestamps of him doing so.

Here's how the whole thing looks like:

b172b4e0d7.jpg

Now you might ask me, "Why make something that's already there and it's working?". Well indeed the old script is indeed working (more or less), but it is coded in such way that it will send a request to the server every 2 minutes.

Why is that bad? Well imagine few hundred of people having the old script installed and sending an useless request every 2 minutes. That'll make the servers lag AND make your browser freeze at the same time every time it sends the request, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Any kind of feedback/suggestions is appreciated. Also bugs/errors/mistakes should be reported here preferably.

Script link: https://xshteff.github.io/userscripts/twbf.user.js

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser928

With the old script we could get locked out if we clicked to fast...

Is that a issue with the replacement script???

DeletedUser34084

With the old script we could get locked out if we clicked to fast...

Is that a issue with the replacement script???

Nope. That's the server flood protection. The only way of going around that is if I added a timer on the buttons that would stop you from sending eggs too fast.

DeletedUser32363

This script is nice, I love the addition of the ability to see who sent on what days. That is great. However I think you should do a bit more work on it to make it more like TW-Friends in the fact that the bar item was placed in the bar not below, was less cluttered. Also the UI of the table you cannot sort columns, etc.

I would be happy to jump in and help with some of this if you are open to script contributions :)

DeletedUser32363

in the fact that the bar item was placed in the bar not below, was less cluttered/QUOTE]

Uhm, what? Which bar are you talking about?

Screen_Shot_2016_03_24_at_1_56_27_PM.png

I am talking about that bar... What is shown is tw-friends, in your version the UI drops below the bar making it look cluttered.

Also I have switched back to tw-friends since the only reason I switched was to be able to see the dates that people sent gifts which is in-fact in tw-friends. I looked through your code and found it very hard to follow as it is not written as cleanly as tw-friends either. I agree there is no need for a 2 second refresh but I would have used the same clean coding standards to make it easy for people to contribute to this script :) Also I would suggest making the columns sortable like in tw-friends because that made it easy to see who sent what items without having to scroll through the list and tally them up..

What would put you one step ahead of tw-friends is if you had a Missed column to show how many gifts were missed from each person as well... You wouldn't be able to solely base it on the event start date though because the friend may have been added after the start of the event so you would have to use either the event start date or the date the friendship was created and tally the misses that way.

Nice work on what you have so far, just giving my reasons for switching back to tw-frineds :)

DeletedUser34084

Ah gotcha, odd that the tw-db script doesn't do that for your but does for tw-friends :(
Not really odd as I didn't want any other script interfere with mine. (And I find that feature really annoying)
I looked through your code and found it very hard to follow as it is not written as cleanly as tw-friends either. I agree there is no need for a 2 second refresh but I would have used the same clean coding standards to make it easy for people to contribute to this script :)

Contribute? Looked through the code? Did you look inside the repo? Because there's two versions. The one that I published is the minified version, which was minified for a reason (Since you mentioned "contribute" I guess you know why having minified code is better). I also have the one we worked on, which is fully documented and obviously not minified.

What would put you one step ahead of tw-friends is if you had a Missed column to show how many gifts were missed from each person as well... You wouldn't be able to solely base it on the event start date though because the friend may have been added after the start of the event so you would have to use either the event start date or the date the friendship was created and tally the misses that way.
Well, that's just your opinion ;). I wanted to build an userscript that doesn't send useless requests and lets me send currency to my friends without too much trouble, and hey, that's what it is right now. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't bother "hunting" people that don't give away any currency, and just sends to everyone no matter what. Because of that, I believe it is already one step ahead. Also, it is still the first public build and it'll probably get improved over time. (If I have time, ofc)

DeletedUser32363

Not really odd as I didn't want any other script interfere with mine. (And I find that feature really annoying)

Understood.

Contribute? Looked through the code? Did you look inside the repo? Because there's two versions. The one that I published is the minified version, which was minified for a reason (Since you mentioned "contribute" I guess you know why having minified code is better). I also have the one we worked on, which is fully documented and obviously not minified.

Yes I understand minified code is better and understandable that you would do it like that. I had checked your repo but did not see the tw-best-friends script in there so the only option i had was to copy the code in the userscript and beautify it for better readability. The repository I checked was https://github.com/xShteff/TWScripts I notice you have it in it's own repository and you are correct that code is FAR better and easier to read :) I think I am stuck on the OOP vs Procedural when it comes to the readability as I have been in OOP land for years now :)

Well, that's just your opinion ;). I wanted to build an userscript that doesn't send useless requests and lets me send currency to my friends without too much trouble, and hey, that's what it is right now. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't bother "hunting" people that don't give away any currency, and just sends to everyone no matter what. Because of that, I believe it is already one step ahead. Also, it is still the first public build and it'll probably get improved over time. (If I have time, ofc)

Yes but if you don't take users opinions into account you won't have many people using the script other than yourself and a few close friends, unless that is your plan :) Completely understand about it being a first build and please do not take it as an insult it was merely suggestions :)

DeletedUser34084

Yes I understand minified code is better and understandable that you would do it like that. I had checked your repo but did not see the tw-best-friends script in there so the only option i had was to copy the code in the userscript and beautify it for better readability. The repository I checked was https://github.com/xShteff/TWScripts I notice you have it in it's own repository and you are correct that code is FAR better and easier to read :)

Well, the script started under a different name, but it's still pretty close to the current one. https://github.com/xShteff/Better-TW-Friends. You could also guess which one it was :p

DeletedUser34084

It's been more than one year since I released the so-called "Magic Bundle", a pack of all my userscripts (Not anymore all of them, I guess) that can be activated with a single click. Well, I looked over the code like three days ago and I was shocked... it was horrible :p

Well, not anymore, I guess. The "Magic Bundle" has been updated to version 2.0. How is it different? Well... it isn't really. It's pretty much the same... but different. The current code is 1000 times cleaner than the old one, it is also mostly automatised, so I'll be able to add new features to the pack without too much struggle. The button that enables/disables a feature is no longer a 1080p image that takes ages to load and it should load pretty quick, and it will have this awesome transition whenever you trigger a feature.

The notifications will no longer break whenever you get a message containing emoticons. Oh, and I've also changed that boring golden envelope image inside the actual notifications, to something that'll match the feature.
Here's how they currently look like:

Chrome:
05726a66d8.jpg

Firefox:
e6cb7493e7.jpg

Oh, I've also added a new silly feature. It's pretty much a "Neon" Experience bar, that changes color constantly. Here's how it looks like. (Such a shame I can't display animated gifs here >_>).

I haven't decided yet if I should add TWKappa, TWZoom or TW Best Friends to the Magic Bundle (TWBF will conflict with the VP counter). Any opinions/suggestions are welcome.

Install URL: https://xshteff.github.io/userscripts/magic.user.js
Repository: https://github.com/xShteff/Magic-Bundle-v2/

DeletedUser34211

Hello... I have idea to script. Notification to PM, such as whisper
smile.png

ntxjhqfbsmglnjgrvcglozqkmkmifmofwiktlndpotlynxobettzyrgenlubuxrzatixvmgwpiwnuwqmmubaydkunmblmkgqxysq

Status
Not open for further replies.