Script xShteff's Silly Script Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34084

Guess I'll just stick to the scripts that do work with my browser then.
I don't guarantee that my scripts will work on all browsers. I'm testing them only on Chrome and Mozilla. If you chose to use an another browser and my script doesn't work for you... oh well. I'm not losing anything :p

DeletedUser34295

No, I do however think it's a flaw as a programmer to not keep an open mind and at least consider error reports that come in from other users/setups/browsers. At the very least, to keep a good reputation it isn't recommended to shoot off answers that would/could be considered rude and/or arrogant.

Either way, from what I can tell your scripts are good so I'll just wish you good luck in your continued programming journey and maybe I'll recreate your script for my own browser some day if I ever find the time :)

DeletedUser34295

I think most people that play this game do use firefox or chrome.They are usually fastest and safest browsers to use without all the addons and crap.never heard of your browser wondertje will have to look it up.Is it any good?
I love xShteff victory points script its very helpful.

Slightly off topic, but a quick response: Yeah, I find it rather useful. Comodo is a company that provides free Antivirus program (similar to Avast! or such) and this browser that they provide come with additional security features linked to their Antivirus services. It's also chromium based so 99% of everything that works with Google Chrome/Chromium also works in Comodo Dragon, which is pretty neat! :)

Feel free to PM if you want to discuss it, otherwise I think googling it up will let you find what you need :)

Slygoxx

The script works fine on Comodo Dragon, do you have the tampermonkey add-on? If you do, perhaps you have another script that interferes with this one.

DeletedUser34295

I don't use Tampermonkey because it's not needed. Scripts can be added to Comodo Dragon by downloading them and drag them onto the extension window. The only add-ons I have are TW-DB and a youtube magic-action add-on. Nothing else.

Edit: I also use Add-block and Bloglovin' add-on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

It doesn't work without Tampermonkey indeed, but it doesn't work on Chrome without that either. I still recommend installing it, it does help with managing scripts.

DeletedUser34295

So, what exactly does Tampermonkey do? I assumed it was only there for easier management of scripts/adding scripts that weren't official from Google Store? Assuming some scripts work only with it, what else does it do? 'cause I've only ever seen it as an argument when people have issues adding add-ons, but drag-and-add works fine for most browsers.

Slygoxx

Besides some features for developers and script management it also loads the script differently, which might make some scripts work with tampermonkey and not when you add it to the browser itself.

DeletedUser34295

Alright, thank you for actually taking the time to find at least a reason and a solution to my problem. I'll see if I'll install the script later with Tampermonkey then :)

1Big Chief

Alright, thank you for actually taking the time to find at least a reason and a solution to my problem. I'll see if I'll install the script later with Tampermonkey then :)
Tampermonkey is a life saver ! Sure saved my ass from Chrome Store lockout :mad: lol

DeletedUser34084

No, I do however think it's a flaw as a programmer to not keep an open mind and at least consider error reports that come in from other users/setups/browsers. At the very least, to keep a good reputation it isn't recommended to shoot off answers that would/could be considered rude and/or arrogant.

Either way, from what I can tell your scripts are good so I'll just wish you good luck in your continued programming journey and maybe I'll recreate your script for my own browser some day if I ever find the time :)
Indeed, but the lack of time (exams and such) will make me sound like a grumpy old man :p
I simply don't have that much time to download/test my scripts in a new browser.
Anywho, you should follow Slygoxx's advice, and install Tampermonkey.

DeletedUser34295

I hear ya with the exams, and I feel you - I really do :p

I might play around a bit with Tampermonkey when I'll find the time, perhaps it's just easier since everyone seems to recommend it/use it for their scripts. I'm just stubborn when it comes to changing what I'm used to do/use :p

DeletedUser22685

Having Tampermonkey actually makes little to no difference in terms of how you go about installing and using your scripts. It's useful to have since it helps with compatibility in a lot of cases.

DeletedUser34084

Having Tampermonkey actually makes little to no difference in terms of how you go about installing and using your scripts. It's useful to have since it helps with compatibility in a lot of cases.
Indeed. You'll barely even notice it. You just install it and forget about it.

DeletedUser

Indeed. You'll barely even notice it. You just install it and forget about it.
I found that with Greasemonkey on Firefox. I installed it, got rid of the icon and now it sits there hidden, doing its job without me even noticing that its there. Love it. :)

DeletedUser34295

I'm on the Tampermonkey-bandwagon and the Veteran Point Counter is just as amazing as I was hoping for! Also, I might just get used to this Tampermonkey-thing, it's rather neat! :)

HALCON DE ORO

3) Veteran Point Counter

[spoil]
Since the only way you can see how many veteran points you have is by going to the UPB shop, I have decided to make a counter!
Just install it and you're free to go!
Image:
[spoil]
e073caf0fb.jpg

[/spoil]
Link: http://allenmcpotter.net/userscript/veteran.user.js

PS: It will conflict with the notifications script! If you're using both of them, and you want me to fix it, please tell me!

[/spoil]

for personal use , I 've modified the script so that it can not close the icon veteran points, and so do not occupy the site icon .
I have also translated into Spanish, if the creator of the script step allows him publicly , in English of course

Last edited:

DeletedUser34084

for personal use , I 've modified the script so that it can not close the icon veteran points, and so do not occupy the site icon .
I have also translated into Spanish, if the creator of the script step allows him publicly , in English of course
You can just send me the translated text and I'll add it to the script. And no, you are not allowed to publish/share any modified script that I made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.