Discussion x.Peter.x - Script Development

DeletedUser

~! Welcome !~

Introduction / Bio

My name, as you all know, is Peter. I've been a Software Engineer for the past 10 years of my life. In my free
time, I dedicate myself to various online games, including The-West. I've been involved with many other gaming
communities around the Internet. Some of you may remember me if you ever played Runescape CLASSIC, My
alias was "PR4Y" in the cheating community. I was responsible for quite a few RuneScape hacks / cheats... and
was VERY involved in creating the Runescape Classic Private Server, RSCDaemon. (This is the first time I've
publicly admitted that since the lawsuit :p)

I'm not here to create "hacks" for The-West... so don't even THINK about asking me to do so. My days as
a hacker are long gone, and I would like to move forward in my Freelancing career forgetting about my past
involvement in illegal activities.

My certifications include .NET (C#/ C++ / VB), PHP, AJAX, XHTML, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Java, Javascript, Perl,
Deplhi, COBOL (oldschool), Alice, 3d Studio Max, and too many various API's to name.

The reason I am posting this thread, is because recently I've started developing scripts for The-West. I've
had quite a few people come to me asking if I can develop certain scripts for them... and while I would be more
then happy to do individual requests, I simply don't have the time to make what everyone wants on request.

What I would like to do is offer you the chance to
suggest scripts you would like to see, and VOTE on the
priority you would like to see them done.

Active Scripts

Show ALL Jobs
FULLSCREEN
Fort Battle Alert
Favorite Jobs

Coming Soon

Mass Telegram a Town's Residents
Automatic Construction Calculator
Automatic Hotel Room Selection

As soon as I get some suggestions, I will add them to the Suggestion list. Also be sure to VOTE on the things
you see in the suggestion list, as this will give me a better idea of how to prioritize the time I spend working on
these Scripts. Every vote counts, so if you want your idea seen put to use, then tell your friends to come Vote!

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

I would absolutely love a script that allows us to finds forts on the map easier. Either by automatically adding a "go to" button beside a fort's name in BB-Codes, automatically listing the forts owned by a town on their profile, I'll take anything to fix this pain in the arse!

DeletedUser

Wardrobe Already does this....

:blink:..........................:rolleyes:.............................:blink:

I didn't ask for a script to save my outfits.

I requested a script to calculate the best outfit for dueling based on my current and potential skill and attribute points. If I wanted to calculate what the best outfit was for myself, I wouldn't have asked for the script.

DeletedUser

@ Old Man River 49:

Ok, well... you asked for "Dueling Outfit and Weapon Script"... thanks for clarifying a bit more. I still don't really understand what you are asking for. If I understand you correctly, there are already scripts that do this Externally that people have spent months / years developing. The amount of time it would take to get something INTERNAL to the game wouldn't be worth my efforts.

@ lokiju:

I'm already on that one ;) I'll add it to the suggestions list.

DeletedUser14189

I would absolutely love a script that allows us to finds forts on the map easier. Either by automatically adding a "go to" button beside a fort's name in BB-Codes, automatically listing the forts owned by a town on their profile, I'll take anything to fix this pain in the arse!

+ a billion.

DeletedUser

I requested a script to calculate the best outfit for dueling based on my current and potential skill and attribute points.

There is no best outfit for dueling and it cant be calculated. Everything depends on what your dueling style is and vs whom you pant to duel. For example when attacking - what what ALL people prefer - item with +9 shooting/vigor or +9 to dodging?
There is no right answer.

DeletedUser

Town members

what about a script that can show the position of your town members on the mini map....it would save a lot of time browsing through each one...perhaps a blue dot for founders..red dot for councilors and a yellow dot for citizens...if thats to hard then just all one colour.....;0)

DeletedUser

what about a script that can show the position of your town members on the mini map....it would save a lot of time browsing through each one...perhaps a blue dot for founders..red dot for councilors and a yellow dot for citizens...if thats to hard then just all one colour.....;0)

Interesting idea... I'll take a look into this and get back to you when I find some more information about the possibility of this.

DeletedUser

that would be great if you could achieve this and have it okd by the TW team...thanks for your time and skill.........:D

DeletedUser

that would be great if you could achieve this and have it okd by the TW team...thanks for your time and skill.........:D

You are right, everything I do will be verified as "OK" by the Staff before it is released, just like my All Jobs addon. The only reason I didn't get an "OK" before I released the FullScreen script is because it had been released previously with no problems.

Although, I do see that "ir.ufis" (the last script developer) is banned? I hope this has nothing to do with his development with scripts... as I don't want to do anything here to get banned, I'm just trying to be helpful.

Anyways, I've got some free time tonight... I'll post later regarding your idea. If it is possible, I'll add it to the suggestions list. If it is going to be a quick addon (like the show all jobs mod - took me 15 minutes), then I'll just get it done and forward it to the Staff for approval.

DeletedUser

i have another suggestion..that is based on the west insiders great bit of kit...instead of using the what if button could a script be made to actually calculate what is required for you to purchase to be able to do a particular job based on your skill point total rather than showing you what you already have in your inventory to complete a job

ie if i wanted to do a job that was 30 lp away and i had the best items i could use the script would then calculate what i needed to buy to enable me to do the job rather than using your skill/attributes

if its to difficult to accomplish then its pen and paper job........:laugh:

DeletedUser

Peter, I've got another idea :)

Is it possible to make some kind of tool in which you can paste the report id's you get when you publish a report, like this:

[report=33136724835b46294]Duel: beverbeverbever vs *[/report]

Something where you need to paste the "33136724835b46294", then click OK, and the report shows up? I know you can get others to see your reports by putting them like the text above in a PM or on your profile, or by using some javascript thing, but it ain't very practital to quickly show a duel or a report to someone else... :)

DeletedUser21816

@beverbeverbever

You can can't you?
Like everything else like badges etc.
You can click on the link icon next to your report and then the "view" icon next to that if it's private town, fort or world.

If you're in World 7 you can view this post:

[report=1671198262e0440731]Duel: FantasyGhost vs. Billy the blind eagle[/report]

Another suggestion:
Instead of having the westcalc.info calculate my best clothing to wear, i would like to see what best clothing i could wear according to the graph from Hellstromm
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=455702&postcount=11

Like if i were 20points short of something and i could wear this type of clothing instead of something else where i have like 30 points on but only needed maybe 5 for the extra bonus. A tool that looks at my skill points and wardrobe and tells me if i put this on i will gain that amount of bonus instead of that. And if i didn't have it in my wardrobe yet, it would tell me that that particular item would give me that bonus or something if i would buy it.
If i'm not explaining myself good enough let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@beverbeverbever

You can can't you?
Like everything else like badges etc.
You can click on the link icon next to your report and then the "view" icon next to that if it's private town, fort or world.

If you're in World 7 you can view this post:

[report=1671198262e0440731]Duel: FantasyGhost vs. Billy the blind eagle[/report]

Another suggestion:
Instead of having the westcalc.info calculate my best clothing to wear, i would like to see what best clothing i could wear according to the graph from Hellstromm
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=455702&postcount=11

Like if i were 20points short of something and i could wear this type of clothing instead of something else where i have like 30 points on but only needed maybe 5 for the extra bonus. A tool that looks at my skill points and wardrobe and tells me if i put this on i will gain that amount of bonus instead of that. And if i didn't have it in my wardrobe yet, it would tell me that that particular item would give me that bonus or something if i would buy it.
If i'm not explaining myself good enough let me know.

What do you mean exactly? :)

DeletedUser21816

On yours, or my other suggestion?

On yours if you click on any report on top there's a link icon that you can copy the text from no? I use that to copy then select that my town members can view it and post it in the town forum.