X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DeletedUser

So I watched the new X-Men movie today and I have to say it was ummm...not great. I don't want to give anything away but the coolest part of the entire movie was probably when Deadpool shows up. Definitely not my favorite X-Men movie. Felt more like one of the Batman films where they just introduced one superhero/villian after another. Didn't leave much room for plot.

Liev Schrieber was pretty amazing as Sabretooth. Will.i.am was just a mess. Dominic Monaghan's talents were wasted in this movie. Taylor Kitsch was pretty good as Gambit. Gambit really didn't even need to be in this movie though. I was really disappointed. Hope this doesn't ruin the X-Men movie franchise.

DeletedUser

Do you mean the earlier Batman films? Those were complete trash. Well, anything after Batman Returns, anyways.

DeletedUser

Actually I just ran across this news article about the leak of the movie online:

Tom Rothman, chairman of Twentieth Century Fox, is speaking out about the internet leak of the film 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'

The unauthorized version of the film that surfaced on the internet is an earlier and outdated copy of the new movie, Entertainment Weekly says on their website.

"The version that went out is unfinished," Rothman tells EW.com. "It's about 10 minutes shorter, doesn't have key scenes, it wasn't edited, and none of the effects shots were in any remotely final form. It's a complete misrepresentation of the film and is deeply unfair to the people who have worked on it for years."

It definitely was not quite finished. There were about 5 or 6 instances where the special effects were not 'finished'. So maybe with some more editing and added scenes it will be better.

DeletedUser

If the movie's plot sucked, I don't see how 10 minutes of extra footage and special effects can make that any better.

DeletedUser

Yeah I don't either but what do I know about finishing a movie. I just know if I like the finished product or not. It was not horrific, it just wasn't great. Who knows, maybe that 10 minutes will make it a better movie. It certainly did feel like something was missing.

DeletedUser

ah so you got a hold of the leaked version? Isn't the sound not very good on it, like no special effect sounds etc

:indian:Crag

DeletedUser

The sound is perfect. Really there are about 5 or 6 spots from the beginning of the movie to the end of the movie where the special effects were not completed. So instead of seeing a plane in the clouds it looks like gray/white computer animation for about 10 seconds and there is another place where you can see the wires on a rig holding Hugh Jackman up. Other little things like that. Nothing that makes it unwatchable.

DeletedUser

I would imagine those things do make it a tad bit difficult to become completely enveloped in the movie, though.

I also wonder how you managed to get a leaked copy. :) My girlfriend is dead-set on seeing it despite my protest. Would you say it's worth paying to see in the movie theatres? Maybe watching it at home, incomplete, instead of a big theatre with special effects and surround sound might have make a difference?

Unless it's like The Watchmen which I thought was an awful and boring movie all around.

DeletedUser

If you like X-Men movies then you will probably like this movie. Like I said, I just didn't think it was as good as the previous ones. I got a leaked copy because it is on the internet and I didn't even have to download it. Streamed it right on my computer.

As the article stated, what I saw was not finished product. So yeah, go to the movies to see it. You may want to go to a matinee though for the cheaper ticket price.

I didn't see Watchmen. Actually I watched about 15 minutes of it and said meh.

DeletedUser

I didn't see Watchmen. Actually I watched about 15 minutes of it and said meh.
Unfortunately my girlfriend is really heavy into those comic book movies and when we went to see this it was our anniversary. I didn't think the movie would be as bad as it was. It was long, boring, uneventful, and just didn't make a whole lot of sense. People say it was true to the book and that's why they liked it.

Those people are ******ed because if the comic anything like the book then I can't imagine how horrible that must have been. Sitting through a bad movie is one thing but reading a bad book... Wow.