RP Discussion WWII squad command, ep 3

DeletedUser

as you all know, kith is handling the stalingrad thread, whcih leaves me to decide what should come after stalingrad is finished.
i'm planning for the last thread in the series to be about berlin 1945 - hitler's last stand.
but i'm trying to work out if there's anything that could be put inbertween stalingrad and berlin. i'd prefer to do something on the western front in '43 or '44.
any ideas?

DeletedUser

There's everything that could be in between! Here are just a few:

Kursk
Operation: Overlord (D-Day)
Operation: Husky
The Bulge
Operation: Market Garden
Monte Cassino

Or you could take it into another theatre, such as North Africa or the Pacific, each with many more battles.

DeletedUser

There's everything that could be in between! Here are just a few:

Kursk
Operation: Overlord (D-Day)
Operation: Husky
The Bulge
Operation: Market Garden
Monte Cassino

Or you could take it into another theatre, such as North Africa or the Pacific, each with many more battles.

okay,
firstly, kursk is eastern front, and seeing as we're doing stalingrad at the moment, that means that we'll have two eastern front RP's in a row. and besides, kursk is mainly tank warfare.
overlord, could work, so that's one oppotunity, but i did try a d-day RP once before and that ended in tatters.
op husky could be an interesting one, so i'll have to do some more research on that.
operation wacht am rhine (the original codename for the ardennes offensive) could be interesting, but once again i tried to make an RP on that, and guess what? that RP failed as well!
market garden could work, but i'm sure you remember coram's arnhem RP.
cassino? hmm, not sure about that one.
the pafific? no-one's done it before, but i don't think it could make a good RP.
and finally, the western desert, again, this was mainly tank warfare, with infantry playing a minute role.

overall, i think that the only possible 'candidates' are overlord, husky, ardennes, maybe market garden, and possibly cassino.
any thoughts on which ones would make the best RP's?

DeletedUser26409

I have to admit that I really don't have anything smart to say about this topic, but I didn't want to create another thread.

Anyway I'd like to make (or someone to make) a RP about the battle of Sinimäed (Blue Hills). It's pretty much forgotten, but you can find more information in Wikipedia! BTW some sources say that the Soviet casualties were more than 300 000

DeletedUser

thanks for that, i'll have to do more research on that one. you could be onto a winner! :)

DeletedUser26409

If you find any info that's in Estonian and needs to be translated ask me.