• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Please vote for your favorite!

DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR SELF.

Poll closes in 7 days.

Also, I need some good ideas for the upcoming weeks competition.

Mr.Guns
Oldwesttowncompsig1.png

Rose of Alabama
westerntown.png

Tennessee
westsotwtx1.png

phiney
34nh73m.png

DeletedUser

Swank
image.php

TwistedWhiskers
Sigoftheweek1.jpg

Hotel Guest
wsotw32.png

And to the forum admins, 4 images in a post is making me double post here.

DeletedUser

wow these compititions are getting Big and the choices get harder and harder! but i had to with tenesee's because of the sheer beauty and and creepieness of it:eek:hmy:
and a suggestion for next weeks, gold! this metal was iconic in the westward movement:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A suggestion for next week?

How about 'Weapon of choice'

Its hard to choose, WSOTW is getting very popular...

DeletedUser

I vote for Rose of Alabama, so many horses everywhere! However it was a tough choice, but they all look beast. =D

A suggestion for next week...

A big town shootout!

DeletedUser

I vote for Rose of Alabama, so many horses everywhere! However it was a tough choice, but they all look beast. =D

A suggestion for next week...

A big town shootout!
there are 3 horsies
the ones in the back are longhorns

your words are surrounded in orangey goodness
ps we already had shootout theme

DeletedUser

there are 3 horsies
the ones in the back are longhorns

your words are surrounded in orangey goodness
ps we already had shootout theme

Oh whoops just noticed lol.

Hm.... How about getting hurt on a job!

DeletedUser

that seems like a good idea
or just jobs in general
edit: just realized all jobs is too broad of a catagory

DeletedUser

I have to say Tennessees sig looks very very nice but then again looks he only added the text and a little white on the corners. Maybe seeing the stock would change my opinion.

Also Phineys sig look great but its maybe too simple for my taste.

Considering these things I will vote for the signature that Rose has made :)

nice to see so many people have entered and hopefuly many people will vote!

For next weeks theme the gold sounded very good!

DeletedUser

I can't believe how high the standard of this is becoming. It's a very close call this week for me, all of them are great but my favourites are phiney's and hotel guests.

I really like the almost cartoon feel of phiney's, the sunlight blurring the focus is a really nice touch.:blink:

Hotel Guest, yet another great entry, for me a fantastic image, although just a tiny bit too dark (I know that's what you're aiming for). Only a VERY TINY bit...:)

It's a very close call, but this week my vote goes to Phiney :D

As for next weeks theme, gold is good, maybe we should go for something not so simple and do prospecting?

DeletedUser

Hotel Guest, yet another great entry, for me a fantastic image, although just a tiny bit too dark (I know that's what you're aiming for). Only a VERY TINY bit...:)
thank you. I know it got a little dark but I had a choise to add a white layer with minimum opacity but it would have taken away the dark feeling and basically left the picture with no soul if you understand what i mean :)

Btw hercules why didnt you vote :D?

DeletedUser

Of course mate, I understand completely. I knew that you'd have done it if it was possible.

DeletedUser

My thanks to those that like the design (even if you did not vote it) :D

I have to say Tennessees sig looks very very nice but then again looks he only added the text and a little white on the corners. Maybe seeing the stock would change my opinion.

The "white" is actually a gray edge mask overlayed, with various filters used to get the grainy look and some color/contrast/brightness tweaking. Kinda what was commented on before about the limitations on stock images.

The stock was from Unforgiven and is too large (1920 X 1088) to post.

However I am curious... are we voting on the sig or the work involved? The end result is not always a labor of technical manipulation. Sometimes simplicity itself will achieve beneficial results.

I decided on Phiney's even though it is cartoonish because of the esscense of the west it portrays.

Mr Guns had a good idea but for me, primarily, the text detracted from it.

Rose did some work and it is not bad at all, but she changed it after the post. Granted it was not clear in the rules here, however it has been a standing rule in other boards I have participated in and confirmed by Gold Disk, unfortunately after the fact.

Swank: I would have made it a bit bigger to bring out the detail of the city along with some contrast/sharpness and dump the "world-3" for the competition

TwistedWhiskers: Fascinating concept. The white glow around the town and duelers spoiled it and I would have, again, used sharpen/contrast on the town to bring it out some.

Hotel Guest : A tad too dark for my taste. And as you stated

phew, i suppose i still have time to enter my siggy untill 12 o'clock... Why does this always turn out to be a last minute job :D

bleh :L. Atleast this time i finished 23 minutes early :D
It was a rush job. I really liked the work you did last week much better.

I do hope y'all understand this to be constructive criticism. I am not surprised that Rose and hotel guest are not far behind and there are several more days to vote.

DeletedUser

Thank you Tenessee your comments are very helpful and I will spend more time on this weeks entry, you did a great job and I appreciate your comments.:)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the critique, I added the border and the text "The West" it is true, but I didn't change the essential image I just typed "The West" and defined the borders more.

I like Phiney's picture very much also, but he did change his complete entry, as you singled me out for changing mine, I just wanted to put the record straight - we both changed our entry. Not that I can see anything wrong with that as they were publicly posted ages before the deadline for submitting entries, and there was at the time nothing to say any submissions were final.

Now, that Gold Disk is making that a condition of entry, it applies to any future competitions but not to this one.

DeletedUser

I voted for Tenessee for the careful colour combinations, nice use of masking round the edges and a good mind for typography. It helped that my favourite colours are brown and turquoise.

Art / Graphics often is not what advanced technique was used, but the thought put into the composition, theory of the colour, and mature, selective use of talent.

Effectively seen in design and art everywhere, particularly (only because I hold an interest in this area) in web design. This is rather why I fail at design - I overcomplicate things. I am learning.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the critique, I added the border and the text "The West" it is true, but I didn't change the essential image I just typed "The West" and defined the borders more.

I like Phiney's picture very much also, but he did change his complete entry, as you singled me out for changing mine, I just wanted to put the record straight - we both changed our entry. Not that I can see anything wrong with that as they were publicly posted ages before the deadline for submitting entries, and there was at the time nothing to say any submissions were final.

Now, that Gold Disk is making that a condition of entry, it applies to any future competitions but not to this one.

Did he? I'm afraid I must have missed that. AH..I did not see the bottom of the original post in which his entry image is removed.
Last edited by phiney; 11-02-2008 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: changed entry
I have a habit of jumping to the last post and sometimes not backtracking.

I do sincerely apologize for that Rose.

I must admit, you do a lot of work for people and do good work. You are a stiff competitor in the group. I do hope there are no hard feelings in my lack of observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.