Writing Contest August 8 - August 22

DeletedUser

lol, you don't have to be into the game in order to create a story based on the pseudo-adventures of your character within the game. Hell, i could write a novel based on the adventures of my foot, and yet I don't have a foot fetish.

DeletedUser

So, where do we post our Stories, just in the Graphics art and Media section?

DeletedUser

I'll start a new thread on the 8th to post stories in. If you want to submit a story anonymously you can send it to me via pm after the 8th and I'll post it for you and sign it Anonymous

DeletedUser

Will there be multiple awards, such as most original, most humorous, best story and the like?

DeletedUser

Man, I did worse than I hoped to with mine. Oh well. Good luck everyone!!!

DeletedUser

I was hoping that perhaps these stories would stay away from trying to simply attack other players or empires as a whole, but, alas, David Lane's most recent story was simply an attack at Silversnake Empire. Hmmppphh. And if it had been well written and interesting rather than a lame expose on how 'times are changing Silversnake' than I would not laugh at his mediocre attempt at slandar!

DeletedUser

Maybe you could view it as being honored that David took the time to immortalize your empire in words.

DeletedUser13020

lol, just make a badly written story right back at the guy. That'll show him!

DeletedUser

Haha, yes I am overly sensitive Hellstromm. But I sincerely did hope that this contest would not be political in nature at all and unfortunately it seems to have turned that direction! TP, I unfortunately cannot submit another entry for fear that my first story (Which I poured my heart and soul into) would be deleted XD. Good work on this contest Denisero, I really enjoyed writing on the topic!

Perhaps this has already been suggested, I have not read this whole thread, but the winner should be featured in the first newspaper, should they not?? An avatar or even a signature would be cool, but some people, like myself, crave recognition! :D And yes, I already saw the small icon that the winner will receive. I am just suggesting this additional prize.

DeletedUser1105

Haha, yes I am overly sensitive Hellstromm. But I sincerely did hope that this contest would not be political in nature at all and unfortunately it seems to have turned that direction! TP, I unfortunately cannot submit another entry for fear that my first story (Which I poured my heart and soul into) would be deleted XD. Good work on this contest Denisero, I really enjoyed writing on the topic!

Perhaps this has already been suggested, I have not read this whole thread, but the winner should be featured in the first newspaper, should they not?? An avatar or even a signature would be cool, but some people, like myself, crave recognition! :D And yes, I already saw the small icon that the winner will receive. I am just suggesting this additional prize.

Dee has already mentioned announcing the winner in the paper to me. It depends on timings of the vote for this, but I should be able to find space to reproduce the winning story. I'm hoping that a lot of people playing the game who do not visit the forums will also read the newspaper so it would get the winning story read by a few more people.

DeletedUser

I would think that if you posted a link on the front page of the west to the newspaper, and made the newspaper sound like an enticingly good read, than many individuals would indeed read the paper!

DeletedUser1105

I would think that if you posted a link on the front page of the west to the newspaper, and made the newspaper sound like an enticingly good read, than many individuals would indeed read the paper!

Well, I am hoping it will be announced there. I am pretty sure it will be, but need to double check :D

DeletedUser

We will be putting the winning story in the paper! Good luck to all.