Would you like to see Awesomia battle Join restrictions continue?

Should join restrictions continue to be employed on Las Vegas GM Awesomia battles?

• Yes, all (GM Awesomia) battles.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Yes, but only during events.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions.

From my vantage point it has generally resulted in better battles, but understand their popularity varies widely.

I am willing to (dis)continue these efforts on a world by world basis, so am asking for your feedback (poll in each world's out-game forum) on whether I should.

Killer Bonnie

My opinion is is is good Yes But you must stay on top of it as last battle was severely unbalanced. 93 attackers vs 72 defenders. We don't know how many will be offline but such a stack would not happen if you were on top of this and monitoring attack / defense sides. Yes I fully support monitoring the sides and keeping it balanced. Even smaller difference in the balance would be ok. but this much is not good. Too much on attackers side. Challenging battles is what we are after. It should challenge both sides equally the outcome coming back to skills of the players themselves how battle turns out. weather its skills of the leader (which most Awesomia battles are rank less and leaderless) or skills of the players themselves (most do know what to do). Challenge !!

Lava T

What were the restrictions you made? If we knew what they were we would have a better idea on how to change them. Every Awesomia battle from this event was a defense slaughter. Literally, defenders had 0% chance to win.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
What were the restrictions you made? If we knew what they were we would have a better idea on how to change them. Every Awesomia battle from this event was a defense slaughter. Literally, defenders had 0% chance to win.

The available options are quite limited.

Firstly, in order to give friends a chance to Sign up for the same side I generally refrain from applying restrictions for the first 24h.

After that the only really practical restriction is a level range. Yet, on older worlds practically every is level 150 so setting the max level to 149 is basically closing it.

Dueler level range is another option; quirky but if I won’t be able to do more active management it can be a useful option on a world like Arizona where doing nothing guarantees a massive defender advantage.

Unfortunately something like even/odd playerid is not an option, nor can I push opposing alliances to opposite sides due to lack of a “not” widget (Ie even if I could make a complete list of alliances or towns and divy them up, townless players would get left out, and that’s assuming I wouldn’t hit the character limit)

Lava T

A combination of a cap on how many of each class that can join a team and restricting levels looks like the only way and every world is different. It also appears to be something you just can't "set and forget". I do not envy you.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
A combination of a cap on how many of each class that can join a team and restricting levels looks like the only way and every world is different. It also appears to be something you just can't "set and forget". I do not envy you.

Hmm a per class cap option might be something worth asking the devs for