Would you like to see Awesomia battle Join restrictions continue?

Should join restrictions continue to be employed on Juarez GM Awesomia battles?

• Yes, all (GM Awesomia) battles.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes, but only during events.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions.

From my vantage point it has generally resulted in better battles, but understand their popularity varies widely.

I am willing to (dis)continue these efforts on a world by world basis, so am asking for your feedback (poll in each world's out-game forum) on whether I should.

Killer Bonnie

My opinion is is is good Yes But you must stay on top of it as last battle was unbalanced. 51 attackers vs 43 defenders But the battle timed out which is good battle both sides seem happy with this type of battle We don't know how many will be offline but such a stack would not happen if you were on top of this and monitoring attack / defense side and switching regularly Join restrictions. Yes I fully support monitoring the sides and keeping it balanced. Even smaller difference in the balance would be ok. but this much is not good. Too much on attackers side. Challenging battles is what we are after. It should challenge both sides equally the outcome coming back to skills of the players themselves how battle turns out. weather its skills of the leader (which most Awesomia battles are rank less and leaderless) or skills of the players themselves (most do know what to do). Challenge !!

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
My opinion is is is good Yes But you must stay on top of it as last battle was unbalanced. 51 attackers vs 43 defenders But the battle timed out which is good battle both sides seem happy with this type of battle We don't know how many will be offline but such a stack would not happen if you were on top of this and monitoring attack / defense side and switching regularly Join restrictions. Yes I fully support monitoring the sides and keeping it balanced. Even smaller difference in the balance would be ok. but this much is not good. Too much on attackers side. Challenging battles is what we are after. It should challenge both sides equally the outcome coming back to skills of the players themselves how battle turns out. weather its skills of the leader (which most Awesomia battles are rank less and leaderless) or skills of the players themselves (most do know what to do). Challenge !!

Hah! This was one of the ones I considered most successful!

My hope is always a battle where both sides feel like they have a chance well into the battle, but most especially at the start. I more or less can only go by the raw number of signups at points in time I am available to check.

No shows make it tricky and I do not have an effective way to make any assessments based on _who_ is signed up.

In the current meta I am hoping to get 1.15-1.20:1 (lower when defense is <40, higher when defense is >70.