Would you like to see Awesomia battle Join restrictions continue?

Should join restrictions continue to be employed on Fairbank GM Awesomia battles?

• Yes, all battles.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, but only during events.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions.

From my vantage point it has generally resulted in better battles, but understand their popularity varies widely.

I am willing to (dis)continue these efforts on a world by world basis, so am asking for your feedback on whether I should.

Caerdwyn

There were some who got confused by the restriction. My best guess is that they don't follow you on the Forums, so didn't know about them. Once everything was explained, and the confusion alleviated, no one talked about it again (that I know of).

It's hard to say during an event who is there just to mooch event tokens and who wants to have a good fight. Reasonably, the moochers would be more evenly split with the Restriction: ON. So I voted for it to remain in effect.

Victor Kruger

Whatever your data shows improves balance in Awsomnia Goob imo.... 99.% dont read the forum tho so just go with what you think best rather than ask here.

However, f you want a much better representation input maybe put the survey up as a log in notice board with link ?

Personally id just go with what your data shows, anyone doing such a battle shouldnt be going there to just hide anyways .. I would'nt give people the choice when its top heavy, force the balance if required.. after all people go to get rewards and should expect to die, making it less one sided is to me a no brainer

so i voted yes to all.

1Big Chief

Yeah.. a good move Goober.. I like it
Though when it blocked me... took a while to confirm a restriction .. rather than it being a system Bug :D

Maybe it should be introduced to regular fights.. to create balance
But some might not like it.. as they likely disagree fighting along a obnoxious alliance
Then less (non-Alliance towns) might join in FF's

Over All I like it
Just need to Get a 3D version Now :p

Caerdwyn

Maybe it should be introduced to regular fights.. to create balance

I don't think it would work for regular fights. Being in an alliance blocks you from joining the "wrong" side of the fight, so if the balancing restrictions can block you from joining the "right" side of the fight, it's actually be preventing people from joining at all. Even if mathematically that would compute, it's contrary to what the balancing restriction is supposed to help.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I don't think it would work for regular fights. Being in an alliance blocks you from joining the "wrong" side of the fight, so if the balancing restrictions can block you from joining the "right" side of the fight, it's actually be preventing people from joining at all. Even if mathematically that would compute, it's contrary to what the balancing restriction is supposed to help.

Correct
The only workable tools I can employ to help normal battles are:
per-battle cap Adjustments, and
Fort building downgrades
(Note: default caps can be adjusted but requires CM involvement and a Colorado-like consensus)

Join restriction wise I could restrict defense to owner ally only, but for now I can only use that on “normal GM dig” battles