Would you eat poop?

DeletedUser

just saying....water makes up 95% of sewage and is routinely filtered for personal use.....

DeletedUser

John, we waste the food, because we're human, if you cannot finish your meal, you cannot finish your meal. I understand children in Africa would survive on our waste, but you can't just give them all our scraps, that would be racist.

Crap is a by-product of humans, and we were not made to eat crap, but then again we weren't made to eat chips, burgers & sugar, but we do. We may in the future develop to eat crap, but that does not seem likely, because our bodies take all the vitamins out of our food, and gets rid of the rest, through our rear end.

DeletedUser

John, we waste the food, because we're human, if you cannot finish your meal, you cannot finish your meal. I understand children in Africa would survive on our waste, but you can't just give them all our scraps, that would be racist.
It wouldn't be racist, it would require an effort, which the opulent nations are not inclined to make. You merely make it a recyclable product, whereby people dump their scraps into sealed gelato-rice bags. Those could then be sent to a recycling facility that would convert the scraps into their basic nutrients and make them into simple food bars that are shipped to nations with starving citizenry. Or, we take our stockpiles of food and put them to use instead of have +5% of it go to spoil every year.

[/quote]our bodies take all the vitamins out of our food, and gets rid of the rest, through our rear end.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. Much of what we eat is not processed by our bodies and is instead expelled through our "rear end."

And Hellstromm, you already mentioned the counter to that yourself. If we were not to waste the way we are then we could easily feed them.
Yes John, and that's my point. We DO waste and we HAVE BEEN wasting for quite some time, with limited effort made to address this or any of the other actions we could take to help those nations with starving populations. As I said in my previous post, we could spit & rail whilst children starve, or we could find something OTHER than waiting until society gets off their ass. This researcher provided a possible solution, a means to address a problem without waiting until society catches up to giving a crap.

It takes a people to maintain the status quo, it takes a person to change things.

DeletedUser28032

yes but normally the "Person" is over ruled by the "people" unless there is a real desire for change. It normally requires some sort of catalyst to get things like that going, unfortunatley its normally a case of locking the gate after the horse has bolted

DeletedUser

I guess McDonalds could donate a bunch of burgers in an attempt to boost their public image.....
edit: I was being serious AJ.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

McDonald's is a business and as such would not donate a bunch of burgers. And instead of helping them, the burgers could actually give them food poisoning and/or sickness, for they have never eaten that food, and their body might not be immune to the diseases in burgers. Yes there are diseases in burgers, but our body is immune to them so it doesn't affect us.

Hell, that would be an amazing thing to happen, but unfortunately, it won't. Unless, the people on Earth who are not grateful for all the things they have, stop being selfish we won't be able to do that. The people who are willing to help are in too small of numbers to make a significant effort that will make people start supporting them.

DeletedUser

Definitely going to ask for those 2 posts to be deleted.

Unless people listen to us, which they won't because they feel they've done enough for Earth, we simply won't be able to feed all the people on Earth decently.

As far as disgusting goes, I'm at near vomit stage of this discussion, but as far as understanding goes, I'm at concerned, but still understanding down to the fact that the man is trying to make a cheaper product and sell it for the same price if not slightly cheaper of other burgers.

DeletedUser

Yep, seems to me he's aiming for profit, not humanitarianism. But who knows...

DeletedUser

Only he does Hell. Unfortunately it looks like he's aiming for profits, but he could make a change and call it an attempt at helping mankind, though, not a very good one.