would this stil apply?

DeletedUser

at what point would i change from construction to another skill if i am pure builder?

:indian: is there a job that when i get it i should change skill?

like with pure trapper: it is grizzlies
or is there a certain level?

DeletedUser

Even then why would you?

Pure construction is good money and good experience, and usually high priced sellable products.

With forts coming up you never know what type of construction level you'll need either.

DeletedUser

Even then why would you?

Pure construction is good money and good experience, and usually high priced sellable products.

With forts coming up you never know what type of construction level you'll need either.

true... but it just seems that at some point you would want to switch to something else.... still put attribute points in strength, but skill points somewhere else...

DeletedUser3773

Well maybe put some into vigor so that you wont just be a builder on the fort but also able to help fight
Once a builder has top build clothes, they should start buying dueling gear,
Top builder clothes;
-Lincoln's hat
-fancy bow tie/red shawl (both of these are equal)
-red cotton jacket (followed by grey and brown jackets)
-wrench (weapons received from quest)
-Brown Pilgrim shoes (received from quest)

DeletedUser

Iron mining (176 difficulty)
Picking agaves (152 difficulty - about the same time just from red skills)

[Gap]

Firefighter (228 difficulty)
Building a fort (224 difficulty)
Drilling for oil (294 difficulty)

The last three construction skills all have leadership as well. You'll get firefighter just as fast with leadership as con. You'll get building a fort faster with leadership, which is 2x, with con being 1x. Drilling for oil will take a little bit longer with leadership. Both are 1x, but there are 2 other red skills and only 1 yellow.

The only real reason to stay pure con is building, which is a very legitimate reason, but leadership is also used in building, so your building LP will still be going up, just not as fast.

DeletedUser

Once you can do the top construction job, you might consider "building up" a second skill. Vigor is an obvious possibility due to the strength attribute bonus. Elmyr pointed out leadership. There are plenty of others, depending on which jobs you want to aim for. Check weststats.com and filter jobs by skill to see the options.

DeletedUser

I've been thinking about this recently too. I'm paying the shaman to take all these points out of different skills and wondering if I will be putting them back when my town is finished!

I guess at the moment it is had to say as we don't know what is going to be added to the game in the future -forts will use builders, but also there may be new or extended town buildings or new jobs.

I think a little faith is required that stuff will be put in for pure builders so they don't get bored at higher levels, that said a builder isn't a class - worker is!