Worst President of the 20th Century

DeletedUser

this one i agree on the stimulus was stupid but so are obamas stimulus packeges

What has Obama got to do with how good/bad Bush was?

what do you think we did? we attacked and liberated iraq from evil sadam husain

and heres the definition of liberate from merium websters dictionry i cut and copyed it

1: to set at liberty : free ; specifically : to free (as a country) from domination by a foreign power

and if your going to use the argument that we weren't treated as liberators i strongly suggest you look at the footage of when we went into bagdad.

Getting rid of Saddam Hussein (<-- that's how you spell him) was a nice byproduct of the war for publicity, but not the reason in first place.

its a shame obama is pulling us out of iraq it shows the taliban they can win against us and without substantial presure over there on them they can focus more energy in attacking us over here

Taliban in Iraq? Seriously? Tell me more, you seem to have more knowledge than the rest of the world.

why do we think about attacking them? its becuase they have a crazy leader who says he would love to wipe us and Israel "off the map" is that the kind of guy you would trust with nukes?

Who are you talking about now? Bin Laden?
The nuke guy is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or what's your point bringing nukes to that subject?

you are saying the terrorists are innocent?

So every single one of the 92,489 – 100,971 civilians (source: www.iraqbodycount.com) were all terrorists?

DeletedUser

A couple of questions...

Who are "they"? What cities does Al Qaeda have?

"They" is the innocent civilians of the middle east. Face it Adelei, Al Qaeda would rather kill civilians themselves than have others do it for them.

Let's assume that by "they" you mean "Muslims". Do you know the death toll for Iraqis alone? Do you think that somehow, under your definition, we haven't been "barbaric"?

So now you're bring ethics and religion into the equation? I've overestimated your intellegence. And as for the US being barbaric, we aren't beheading the innocent to install fear.

Er...we didn't do that.

Well, another point down for you, WE elected Bush, he went to war with an official declaration of war, and now we're at war. Face it. We did.

Bush's economic stimulus had very little to do with the economy collapsing. Bush's economic stimulus was a reaction to the economy collapsing....not the cause of it.

You say that now, but years from now, it will be what causes another great depression, and with Obama's help, bankruptcy of the American people.

We NEVER decided to "liberate" Iraq...

Oh yes we did, it was an urban sprawl filled with insurgents and militia which worked for Saddam hussein, who killed his own people just like ol' Josef Stalin.

Can you really blame them for wanting to create a military strong enough to defend themselves...against the US?

Oh please, if the US was as evil as you make it out to be, the world would be a giant Wasteland, your radical views are becoming even more evident as you continue to post. Look, the fools created a large army to keep the territory under control but they used tactics to cause almost suicidal deaths in some cases, and highly suicidal deaths in others. Sure, if you blow your self up to kill 3 enemy soldiers you may have done some good, but when the remaining enemy soldiers are highly trained and well armed, your going to lose a few dozen people trying to take out the remaining enemy. Haven't you ever heard of the 300 spartans?

What do you want to do to those responsible for the tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of innocent lives taken when the US invaded and overthrew Iraq and Afghanistan?

That depends on who gets the blame. near 43,000 are most likely casualties that the US is responsible for. The rest are thanks to your Insurgent buddies who so wisely placed roadside bombs and landmines all over the place intended of keeping everyone in line.

"My country wrong or right, is like saying my mother, drunk or sober."
Chesterton, Gilbert K. [SIZE=-1]on[/SIZE] Patriotism

Responses in green.

DeletedUser

Bush was definetly the wourst president of the 20th century hopefully obama will fix all the stuff he did wrong.

DeletedUser

Bush wasn't a president in the 20th century. He was president in the 21st century. Unless you are talking about his father.

DeletedUser

Oh lol i thought it was 21st century sorry lolz i dont know any 20th century presidents.. haha

DeletedUser

what do you think we did? we attacked and liberated iraq from evil sadam husain

There was actual genocide happening in other parts of the world. We ignored it.

Hell, "liberating" Iraq wasn't even the first justification for the war...

Since then, it should be obvious to everyone that our main concern in overthrowing the government of Iraq was not to help the Iraqi people.

"Liberating" the Iraqi people was a justification. Propaganda. It was an excuse. And, considering how well off the Iraqis are now, a very very poor excuse.

and if your going to use the argument that we weren't treated as liberators i strongly suggest you look at the footage of when we went into bagdad.
The doctored footage? Yeah, I've seen that. Have you seen the response of the Iraqi people for the other 6 years that we've been there?

its a shame obama is pulling us out of iraq it shows the taliban they can win against us and without substantial presure over there on them they can focus more energy in attacking us over here
Er...you do realize that the Taliban is in Afghanistan, right? NOT Iraq.
You do realize that he's put more troops in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, right?

You've been swallowing way too much right-wing propaganda...

why do we think about attacking them? its becuase they have a crazy leader who says he would love to wipe us and Israel "off the map" is that the kind of guy you would trust with nukes?
Er...now you're talking about Ahmadinejad, who is the leader of neither Iraq nor Afghanistan, but Iran... You REALLY need to get your facts straight.

BTW, this quote is often contested and, so the argument goes, was a translation error from what he said. I'm no speaker of Arabic, so I really can't say either way. He has said some nutty things...but then again, Israel has done some terrible things, too. Neither makes the other right.

you are saying the terrorists are innocent?
Are you saying that the tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) that have died in the wars with Afghanistan and Iraq have all been terrorists?

David Schofield said:
"They" is the innocent civilians of the middle east. Face it Adelei, Al Qaeda would rather kill civilians themselves than have others do it for them.

We have killed many, many innocent civilians in the wars with Afghanistan and Iraq. Many, many more than 3,000. I fail to see your point. You're somehow trying to say that Osama was barbaric and horrible (which he was), but when you compare what the US has done...

So now you're bring ethics and religion into the equation? I've overestimated your intellegence. And as for the US being barbaric, we aren't beheading the innocent to install fear.
Nah...we just bomb the crap out of them... And starve them to death... And let the factions wipe each other out in racial genocide... And shoot them... And set up torture camps like Abu Graib where we stack up naked men into a pyramid and rape them with broom sticks...

But beheadings...you got me there...

Well, another point down for you, WE elected Bush, he went to war with an official declaration of war, and now we're at war. Face it. We did.
You didn't get it...

You said that we "are far more civilized/generous/intellegent than that, so we just focused on the taliban and Al Queda"

But we didn't focus on the Taliban and Al Queda... We lost focus on them and went into Iraq. So, therefore, we aren't "far more civilized/generous/intellegent than that", at all.

You say that now, but years from now, it will be what causes another great depression, and with Obama's help, bankruptcy of the American people.
You need to look up who has been spending our money. It's not Obama. It's Bush...

Oh yes we did, it was an urban sprawl filled with insurgents and militia which worked for Saddam hussein, who killed his own people just like ol' Josef Stalin.
Yeah...that old line. Unfortunately, we were the ones who gave him the WMDs to use on his own people and didn't even complain while he was doing it...

Oh please, if the US was as evil as you make it out to be, the world would be a giant Wasteland, your radical views are becoming even more evident as you continue to post. Look, the fools created a large army to keep the territory under control but they used tactics to cause almost suicidal deaths in some cases, and highly suicidal deaths in others. Sure, if you blow your self up to kill 3 enemy soldiers you may have done some good, but when the remaining enemy soldiers are highly trained and well armed, your going to lose a few dozen people trying to take out the remaining enemy. Haven't you ever heard of the 300 spartans?
First, I never claimed that the US was evil. But the US government certainly has done the wrong thing from time to time...

Second, what the heck are you babbling on about? Seriously...

That depends on who gets the blame. near 43,000 are most likely casualties that the US is responsible for. The rest are thanks to your Insurgent buddies who so wisely placed roadside bombs and landmines all over the place intended of keeping everyone in line.
43,000 is the esimate that Bush and his administration gave. I'm willing to bet that is very far low. On the other hand, other agencies have attributed over ten times that many deaths to the US. I'm willing to bet that is too high.

Oh, and I'm not buddies with any insurgents. Nice try. Failed argument, but nice try.

I'm not saying that the insurgents aren't to blame, but part of the blame of those attacks has to be attributed to the US government which created the instability such that those insurgents started attacking... Considering that you were for the war, it appears, they are more likely buddies of yours...not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well look at that. Adelei and I agree on something. Nice post and spot on.

DeletedUser

Er...you do realize that the Taliban is in Afghanistan, right? NOT Iraq.
You do realize that he's put more troops in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban, right?

You've been swallowing way too much right-wing propaganda...

actualy i do not i dont get fox news on my tv and iv only heard rush limbaugh a few times.

i was over all meaning terrorists by taliban.

and do you have any evidence of that footage being doctored?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ive never heard of this web site are they a reliable source? also i didn't see there evidence for what happened they only said that it did happen.

they have to actually prove that that is what happened

DeletedUser

ive never heard of this web site are they a reliable source? also i didn't see there evidence for what happened they only said that it did happen.

they have to actually prove that that is what happened

They provided references to their information at the bottom of the page. They include a photograph that the BBC took (the one showing the almost completely empty square that the time that the statue was pulled down). I suggest you do some research.

DeletedUser

Reagan is a great choice for worst president as he pretty much killed workers rights in this country by screwing the air traffic controllers. The worst president...George W followed closely by his father and Ronnie boy. What a mess he left Obama. Peace fellas.

DeletedUser

The Best post-Civil War president was Dwight D. Eisenhower.
No argument about that.

DeletedUser

Reagan is a great choice for worst president as he pretty much killed workers rights in this country by screwing the air traffic controllers. The worst president...George W followed closely by his father and Ronnie boy. What a mess he left Obama. Peace fellas.

At some point he is no longer going to be able to blame W. he has certainly made his fair share of mistakes , and lies.

At this point he is going to be a one term president, and I'll elect him as the worst :)

once the honeymoon wears off, if it allready hasn't people will stop looking at him like a mesiah.

I didn't vote for him, but I did want him to suceed, and he hasn't yet....

DeletedUser

Obama in the very least has altered the International communities perception of the US, positively. If only ever so slightly, at least that's something and a step in the right direction.

DeletedUser

I'd rather have a good economy that good foreign relations (other than stopping our enemies from attacking us). After all, its not like were the country being sent food and humanitarian aid.

DeletedUser

I'd rather have a good economy that good foreign relations (other than stopping our enemies from attacking us). After all, its not like were the country being sent food and humanitarian aid.

Did you attempt to make a point there?

Anyways; I say, is it too much to ask for both?

DeletedUser

Good foreign relations stimulates economic growth in many ways
Eg Trade agreements