Worlds update to Expanded Premium

DeletedUser

Guess we cant make anyone happy today.

Im very thrilled about this turn of events. And to even hear the developers listened to the fans and are not allowing skill buying points and energy still leaves a challenge to the world.

1 hour jobs will keep new users interested in the game. Currently when a brand new user starts they lose interest after they learn it takes 2 hours to do a job.. when the new system goes into effect (doent appear to have happened yet) it will allow for shorter times and keep newer players interested in the game.

Im happy about this turn of events and I checked it isn't even April 1st yet.

Um...if a new player had some problem with that, they would likely just schedule jobs in 30 min or 1 hour increments. Before we had options, so if people wanted they could schedule 2 hour jobs if their time didn't permit them to log in several times every day...

I don't think you're being flamed at all, nobody's saying you guys are horrible or throwing insults your way (that I've seen yet), people are just letting you know what they think, and so far the posts I've read have all been civil. This middle of the road feature seems like it will likely have the effect Harsha stated, those that like premium will join the new worlds those that don't will join world 1. The rest of the worlds won't be attracting new players and the old players will continue to bleed off as time goes on.

I also don't see how queing up jobs and hiding in a fort is a good option for increasing activity...if people just cower in forts it will likely just cause duelers to get bored as well.

That being said, I don't think this change is the end of the world, only time can tell what can happen. While I don't see any reason for new players to come to the worlds affected, there also wasn't really anything attracting new players to them before these changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Jasper, people sleeping in forts or towns has always been going on, there's no change there. That's just the way a lot of people play so they can avoid being dueled. It's an option, and that option hasn't gone away. Duelers still get their duels, particularly now that there's a search feature in the Duel menu. Really, features are continuously being added to enhance this game and provide everyone with more options. In worlds 11, 12, Arizona and Briscoe, dueling is happening all the time, just visit the stats, look at how many duels people have on their records.

All this doomsaying is just plain incorrect. The evidence speaks for itself. The fun will be had, the game will continue to be improved, and you all received a reprieve from having all the worlds smacked down with complete premium. Let it go and just have fun playing the game, sheesh.

DeletedUser22575

Aye Victor, although there was a lot of input from our moderating staff and upper management, it was ultimately my decision to go this route, a means to ensure all the worlds didn't get the full premium setting, and a means to keep the heat off Diggo11 when he takes over. So now you have World 1 as the Classic Premium (and it will likely stay that way), with worlds 2 thru 10 having all the Premium features that most everyone liked, then you have worlds 11 thru 14 that have all the Premium features, liked and disliked. Indeed, this was a compromise, the alternative being that all worlds would end up with Complete Premium.

Harsha, you're wrong about the numbers, and about where new players will be heading. I'm not sure if you bothered to look at the world numbers, but worlds 2 thru 10 are struggling. (click here) World 1 has been a success, as the original world, that's why we made a concerted effort to ensure it remained Classic. Worlds 11, 12, Arizona and Briscoe have amply demonstrated themselves to be successes. Just look at the numbers as proof. Harsha, I guarantee you that worlds 2 and 10 will increase their players numbers now. It won't happen overnight, of course, but it will happen. And with that increase in players, there will be more fun, more interaction, for all those who have held on to their characters those worlds.

Deadleg, you may not like premium, you may not understand that 1 hour jobs = 2 hour jobs in half the time, well a lot of people do like it. As I indicated in my announcement, we were able to work with the developers to accommodate the community's greater wish, which was to have the Premium features, sans the two most hated Premiums, Skill Buying and Energy Refill.

Noobmic, if you have premium, as you indicate, you can have 8 tasks. Schedule 7 jobs and one sleep, that's 15 hours right there. C'mon, seriously. If you're not going for that particular premium, you have 3 jobs (one more than before). So you can schedule two jobs and an 8 hour sleep. Seriously, what are you complaining about? How about one job and two 8 hours sleeps? How about three 8 hours sleeps? Each hour in the Expanded/Full Premium package is equal to two hours in the Classic Premium, so you're getting more for less time, and you can still schedule your sleep if you're worried about being dueled. Seriously, if look at a glass as half-empty, you're never going to realize there's still something in that glass to drink.

This action was for the community's benefit. The implementation of Complete Premium on Worlds 11 & 12 allows Innogames to increase their profits substantially, which in turn allowed them to increase the time allocated for developer work. It's these types of decisions that have allowed so many of the upgrades, have allowed all these nice new game features (Sheriff, Marketplace, etc). Without the profits, Innogames can't improve on the game. We knew this, and through examination of the long-term, We acted for the benefit of the community. You want this game to improve, to implement the ideas this community has put forward, Innogames need the profits that will allow them to do just that.

Look, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't sit there and complain about each and every change that happens to the game, and then when you finally realize it's something you want, you go quiet. This whole drama scene is unnecessary, it's unfortunate, and it's short-sighted. There are great things happening with this game, and it's because of Premium services that they happen. So stop it. Stop complaining every time Premium features are added to the game. This game has improved substantially since its release, and it didn't get here because people play for free.

Nicely done Hellstromm

DeletedUser12669

woot woot fun fun im happy to give the 1 hour jobs a go, im not happy about having to log in more, i love to line up a full days work and log in if i can and go to fort battles in the evening iv joined w1 so if the 1 hour jobs dont work out for me il be on 1 world only hell yeah \m/ \m/

Noobmic

@Hellstromm I agree with everything what you said and I appreciate your work as CM. We will get used in the end with 1 hour job, this is the way life is (not fair all the way), but I need to point some things (not by complaining, just for head's up):
1. read my post from http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=557115&postcount=19
2. With 1 hour job level will be made much easier, meaning from now to level 120 it will take at most 4 months (after this time, we will have some problems).

DeletedUser

energy regeneration will be same ?
in 2 hour job duration , we get 3 energy for every 1 hour while doing jobs
now in 1 hour job duration , this will be same or ... ?!

DeletedUser

Energy regen is the same. Motivation increased faster when one-hour jobs were first implemented on Beta, but it seems like it's the same 10%/24 hours now.

DeletedUser12669

dont think it will vit coss they want everybody to shout out for full premium

DeletedUser16008

Energy regen is the same. Motivation increased faster when one-hour jobs were first implemented on Beta, but it seems like it's the same 10%/24 hours now.

Unless thats a recent change i beg to differ on the motivation bit. I had to give up 0 motive dueling on Arizona due to the speed of the motivation rise... double the speed of the older worlds & certainly not 10%/24hrs... i wish... if its linked with the 1 hr work schedule then consider 0 motivation a lot more effort on a constant basis.

No bad thing probably I guess.

DeletedUser

;) but this will not good !
it must will be 20%/24 hours or we will need more liquorice ;)

DeletedUser

Jasper, people sleeping in forts or towns has always been going on, there's no change there. That's just the way a lot of people play so they can avoid being dueled. It's an option, and that option hasn't gone away. Duelers still get their duels, particularly now that there's a search feature in the Duel menu. Really, features are continuously being added to enhance this game and provide everyone with more options. In worlds 11, 12, Arizona and Briscoe, dueling is happening all the time, just visit the stats, look at how many duels people have on their records.

All this doomsaying is just plain incorrect. The evidence speaks for itself. The fun will be had, the game will continue to be improved, and you all received a reprieve from having all the worlds smacked down with complete premium. Let it go and just have fun playing the game, sheesh.

Time-halved jobs would be fine if sleep-times had also been halved to match. Since not... Well, I've never understood why enforced more sleeping is a good thing and I've got a Lvl 5 hotel to work with.

As for motivation staying the same: having to do extra jobs waiting for (for example) Silver Mining to get back to 100% is going to be the equivilent of... well, imagine if you'd kept the job-times the same, but halved motivation rates.

Bad Billy Jack

Well, I think I can solve this one easily. Login page

w11-12 = 62,000 accounts ("full" not even reccomended any longer, Brisco is)

w2-10 = 3,000 accounts

The people have spoken with their feet. Case Closed.

DeletedUser9470

pah!
*ignores hellstromm just like he ignores me!*

XD
cant wait to see what this premium really does!
take care
-Neo-

DeletedUser16008

Well, I think I can solve this one easily. Login page

w11-12 = 62,000 accounts ("full" not even reccomended any longer, Brisco is)

w2-10 = 3,000 accounts

The people have spoken with their feet. Case Closed.

dont you mean with their credit cards ?

ill bet the older worlds will start to fill up with those not wanting an unfair point buying system now ;)

DeletedUser23701

Just some comments:
- to work 7h and then go to sleep, would mean you need 168 energy.
correctly it'd look like 6h job and 1 go to sleep to fort. Full energy you'll get (without sleepy items) in some 4.5h, so, correct cycle will be like 10.5h.

6 energy left, then with premium you get 4.5 energy/h, so you'll have 33 energy when you go to sleep, + you've to walk, so it'll add some more energy, let's say 35 energy.
115 energy you can regenerate in 4.5h at big fort <= 25 energy/h.
- game is for active players to enjoy
who cares that you can't play actively, play when you can and as much as you want.
- I haven't saw complains about energy refill. only skill buying.
cutting travel time is coming, and I guess is used a lot.

Anyway, those premium options are coming too long and I completely lost any interest to play older world (in this case w2). Actually I've to say thanks to Inno for thinking so long. :)
I'd used shaman long time ago, but now, who cares.

And as for new server, then again, I thought that I'll join, but now, after so much time is gone I changed my mind. :p

EDIT: as for motivation regeneration for jobs, then it's like 1%/h.
I'm using cycle of 7 jobs, and all the time I start from 100%.

DeletedUser22685

I've been waiting for this - I think it's great that it's finally here! Faster work times, placate shaman and halving waytime is like my dream come true
emoticon-0152-heart.gif