Worlds dying off !!!

HelenBack

I think that if they are going to merge worlds... then just merge w2-10 into one world. All of those worlds have the same rules/nugget use/shaman reset/etc... There wouldn't be any issues of people being "overpowered" by the "mega-merged peeps" that join the other worlds already in progress.

Also, let's say someone was TOTALLY nutty and was actually in all 15 worlds (and Beta... wanders off whistling...). What would happen with all the items/gear/weapons/etc that they had in w2-10? If all of the Inventory (or even some) was to be merged into the new character, would that not make someone really powerful/rich as well?

I think in order to have the least amount of imbalance, w2-10 should just be combined as a new world. I also think it would cause the least amount of headaches for the devs, mods, and players. The devs could freeze w2-10 while the Merged World gets set up... Then when all systems are "go", they can delete the old worlds. If things go drastically wrong, they can reopen w2-10 to let the players continue while they fix whatever needs fixing in the Merged World before trying again.

Just my 2 pennies... Not trying to be "dramatic".
:cool:

DeletedUser25892

I think that if they are going to merge worlds... then just merge w2-10 into one world. All of those worlds have the same rules/nugget use/shaman reset/etc... There wouldn't be any issues of people being "overpowered" by the "mega-merged peeps" that join the other worlds already in progress.

Also, let's say someone was TOTALLY nutty and was actually in all 15 worlds (and Beta... wanders off whistling...). What would happen with all the items/gear/weapons/etc that they had in w2-10? If all of the Inventory (or even some) was to be merged into the new character, would that not make someone really powerful/rich as well?

I think in order to have the least amount of imbalance, w2-10 should just be combined as a new world. I also think it would cause the least amount of headaches for the devs, mods, and players. The devs could freeze w2-10 while the Merged World gets set up... Then when all systems are "go", they can delete the old worlds. If things go drastically wrong, they can reopen w2-10 to let the players continue while they fix whatever needs fixing in the Merged World before trying again.

Just my 2 pennies... Not trying to be "dramatic".
:cool:

I don't think they could merge 2-10 all together....I have a feeling they would offer players to choose a world they wanted to throw another character into.

For eg.

W3 closes registration. All players offered to move to a new world 2-10 (except 3 of course) where they currently do not have another player. (Of course there may be some out there who have a character in every world, but I doubt it will be a ton and they can figure a way for those). W3 will remain open for those who do not wish to leave, but ultimately it will die off. Then move to the next world and so forth. Eventually you will turn 8 worlds into 4 making all those worlds into higher played worlds. Again, even though this is a viable idea, no solution will work 100% because of people having players in multiple worlds, but then again I think for the longevity of the game you will have to do this eventually in some form.

MM2099

DeletedUser

I don't think merging 9 dead worlds will accomplish [anything]. Do you think you're the only one who plays on more than one of those worlds? Those worlds have a combined 13,392 players. Combine them and you probably have a world with less than 5k players, many of whom aren't incredibly active. Old worlds need to be combined with active worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All too complicated ... just do this

1) Make a new world right now with the original game settings when world 1 started, it will be the most popular world by far!!!

2) When any world reaches 1000 population delete it, so long as it has had a life span of one year. Make it a policy to start one new world every 3 months

For example
1st March,
1st June (good for school summer vacations),
1st Sept,
1st Dec. Each time a new world begins delete one world with the lowest population.

Nothing is more exciting than a brand new world and it creates the best revenue for Inno.

3) Create a world with my suggestions in "Major game overhaul" http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=41134&highlight=major+game+overhaul and it's time to reopen it since that was your suggestion if we get below 100,000)
where dueling has separate stats which only level up from dueling players (solving all dueling problems) without the latest aim and dodging update crap (of course some things need a little tweaking in it).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser563

scalp we have a thread like this the west- next generation where you can place your input as to what should be in the next generation of worlds. It was started by edlit in this same forum.

a new world every 3 months wouldnt be a good idea. an annual world would be a better idea : meaning after a year all worlds and towns is deleted but not inventory. The world is renamed. Players start then in a "New" world.

well as i cannot post here anymore that is far as my post goes.

DeletedUser

The question of worlds dying off is more deep seeded than merging worlds. Inno has to fix issues that they caused or ppl will just continue to leave.