Worlds dying off !!!

DeletedUser

I have been watching old worlds closely seeing the number of members decline, this concerns W2, W3, W4, W5, W7, W8 each of them have less than 3000 players.
Im concerned for W6 too yes it has picked up thanks to the games master though so did world 4 , but now W4 is once again falling.

So the question is do we want something done about this or will we be happy to play on quiet worlds ?

Solutions : We could transport players with their inventories to other worlds and axe these old worlds dying off.

Air your opinions people, if we are going to act then let's get the ball rolling :)

DeletedUser22685

World merging is something that I know has been on Diggo's mind for quite some time now. The thing is, no one is quite sure just how we're going to do it. It's obvious that it needs to be done (or at least something of the like). There are many issues in the way. What happens to the players with accounts in two worlds that are being merged, or even worse, players with accounts in every world? What happens to the map, make it bigger or just put 6 forts and double the town locations in each sector?

The issue of players with accounts in both worlds that are being merged is simple, and I'll quote my post from a town forum in World 2.

futurama1001 said:
Now that I think about it, one character could stay on the merged world and you could choose another world that you don't play for the other character to be moved to. Those that play all worlds could possibly choose one character to be deleted and then have their merge-affected character replace the deleted one with all skills at 0 and available for distribution.

The other matters, however, are not so simple and I'm sure any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What about players that own towns and forts?

What good our towns if they are empty or forts if their is no one to fight ?
Yes time was spent building towns and forts, though not like its a great lost.
IMO If worlds do get closed and players are moved a small piece of gold crossing my palm would make the deal sweeter :D 100 nuggets say for all. (It's not much though you can't expect them to give you free premium for the rest of your days)

World merging is something that was discussed at our last moderator meeting and I know it's been on Diggo's mind for quite some time now. The thing is, no one is quite sure just how we're going to do it. It's obvious that it needs to be done (or at least something of the like). There are many issues in the way. What happens to the players with accounts in two worlds that are being merged, or even worse, players with accounts in every world? What happens to the map, make it bigger or just put 6 forts and double the town locations in each sector?

The issue of players with accounts in both worlds that are being merged is simple, and I'll quote my post from a town forum in World 2.

The other matters, however, are not so simple and I'm sure any suggestions would be appreciated.

If they got a character on every world im shocked, I struggle with 3 worlds, 14 worlds would be a brain overload. NOt just playing though remembering friends , towns, alliances, gear, skills targets. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I find it hard with 3 anyways.

I think you need to make it impossible for players to be able to have a character on all worlds to start with then :)

DeletedUser

As a wacky notion, and as a way to both reward long-term players and give them something COMPLETELY different, how's about when you merge two worlds (and two worlds only), you give the players these options:
1. Pick the character you want to keep (and delete the other one)
2. Pick the character you want to keep and you can keep all the gear of the to-be-deleted character (except for single items like Golden Sabre)
3. (This is the over-the-top suggestion) Merge the characters and their benefits into a super-class that only exists on that server. So you could either have x2 benefits if your classes were the same (basically like a full-time premium class) OR, better still, have things like a Soldier/Worker, Dueler/Adventurer, whatever were the two classes you played.

Would option 3 create overpowered players, yes. Would it unbalance the game? NOT if you allowed everyone the chance to take on a second class. Would it be fun, heck yeah!

In fact, that brings up another idea, taken from D&D. Multi-class characters that freeze their class at a given level (including the benefits of that class), then start again at level 0 with a new class but with all the gear.... Hmm, gonna submit that as an idea!

DeletedUser22685

If they got a character on every world im shocked, I struggle with 3 worlds, 14 worlds would be a brain overload. NOt just playing though remembering friends , towns, alliances, gear, skills targets. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I find it hard with 3 anyways.

There are many players playing all worlds. It would also be too much for me but if they enjoy it then kudos to them.

Dirty rotten Billy said:
I think you need to make it impossible for players to be able to have a character on all worlds to start with then :)

That's not exactly constructive.

supraxus said:
3. (This is the over-the-top suggestion) Merge the characters and their benefits into a super-class that only exists on that server. So you could either have x2 benefits if your classes were the same (basically like a full-time premium class) OR, better still, have things like a Soldier/Worker, Dueler/Adventurer, whatever were the two classes you played.

Would option 3 create overpowered players, yes. Would it unbalance the game? NOT if you allowed everyone the chance to take on a second class. Would it be fun, heck yeah!

Not everyone that will be playing the merged world would have had characters on both worlds before the merge, so that would put those that did have a character on both worlds at an extreme advantage over those that didn't. However, if, in the second quoted paragraph, you're saying that everyone on the merged world would get double class bonus/two class bonuses regardless of whether they had a character deleted, that doesn't really seem necessary. But hey, it's an idea, and it can be discussed and built on :)

DeletedUser

I'm on 8 .net worlds, each with a completely different build. Losing one would be upsetting, more or less so depending on which world was to be closed. However as I don't use nuggets save for Arizona, all that would be lost is the investment of time. Futuramas idea of porting the character over with all skills being available for redistribution would satisfy me as compensation for that loss.

DeletedUser22493

Lets face it, making 14 worlds was a MISTAKE!

They only did that to keep the lvl 99's in the game, by providing them with new servers.
A character leveling up, spends far more gold, then one that just sits at 99 or 120.
Besides, when you reach the level cap, everything gets pretty boring.

The solution would be to provide the players in the dying worlds the option to move to another server, with a dealine of 2 months. After that, the server shuts town.
Ranks, inventory and stats will move with the player.

DeletedUser22685

However as I don't use nuggets save for Arizona, all that would be lost is the investment of time.

On that comment, Arizona along with its complete premium brethren (W11, W12, Briscoe) will definitely not be merging and neither will World 1. That's IF the merge ever does happen, I'm just speculating at this point.

DeletedUser

On that comment, Arizona along with its complete premium brethren (W11, W12, Briscoe) will definitely not be merging and neither will World 1. That's IF the merge ever does happen, I'm just speculating at this point.

I kinda figured it would be in the 2 thru 9 range, but your speculation is more fact based than mine

DeletedUser

On that comment, Arizona along with its complete premium brethren (W11, W12, Briscoe) will definitely not be merging...
Um... I'm not getting this... What exactly prevents merging of w11, w12, w13 and w14 into one single world? Assuming the town/forts owning problem gets a solution.

DeletedUser22685

VvKizvV said:
I kinda figured it would be in the 2 thru 9 range, but your speculation is more fact based than mine
2 through 10. Well, I'm speculating on whether worlds will be merged at all, it's not certain. Where I say it's only worlds within the 2-10 range that will be merged IF the merge happens, is fact at this point as the other five worlds are still alive and not in need of a change.

JoxerTM said:
Um... I'm not getting this... What exactly prevents merging of w11, w12, w13 and w14 into one single world? Assuming the town/forts owning problem gets a solution.

Because at this point none of them need it. They're all still thriving. If this merge does happen, but not until those four worlds have died out a bit into a similar state as the enhanced premium worlds, I guess nothing is stopping it. What I meant is more that there will be no merging across premiums (classic/enhanced, enhanced/complete, classic/complete).

DeletedUser

I don't think the merge if it happens should be with new worlds as the players their will kick up the dust, over rankings. Though between the worlds i've mentioned at the begin post.

It would really shake things up :D

DeletedUser

The almighty dollar... You should know that Jox

DeletedUser

Lets face it, making 14 worlds was a MISTAKE!

They only did that to keep the lvl 99's in the game, by providing them with new servers.
A character leveling up, spends far more gold, then one that just sits at 99 or 120.
Besides, when you reach the level cap, everything gets pretty boring.

The solution would be to provide the players in the dying worlds the option to move to another server, with a dealine of 2 months. After that, the server shuts town.
Ranks, inventory and stats will move with the player.

Exactly, well im glad we all seem to agree that something will need to be done. :)

DeletedUser14006

But on one world I might be playing the character role of a respectable town founder who looks out for the welfare of his town with diplomatic skills whereas on another world I may be a rogue that causes havoc in my wake and beats the crap out of everything that moves.

What would I do if those two worlds were merged, my character would have a nervous breakdown trying to merge those two sets of qualities.

DeletedUser28121

What would I do if those two worlds were merged, my character would have a nervous breakdown trying to merge those two sets of qualities.

Plus, you are already playing a raving lunatic in W13! :laugh:

DeletedUser16008

From what ive seen about 20% or maybe more of these worlds are made up of players with accounts on other worlds me included.

1. You have to consider what way to compensate those players that may have invested a lot of money in them only to have them lost.

2. There is the problem of for example which toon players may keep and what they can shift in gear to the toon they have chosen to keep. Many will have items on one world not collected etc on another.

3. Forts are easier just reset them to all unbuilt and ownerless to begin with.

4. Towns can also be scrapped to begin again or maybe black hats can choose to keep their town

5 Rankings can again be reset as should dueling lvls

6 AP and SP points to be reset like an uber shaman to distribute as wished as a form of compensation.

Yes it would be like a super world but is that so bad given all the effort & money a lot of these players have invested ?

Id regret seeing a couple of toons go but id be more than willing to have a populated world rather than 9 semi dead ones.

Whatever gets decided needs to be put in motion pretty soon. Another 6mths or so and itll be a fruitless exercise. Its getting dire out there.

Oh and i know this wont be popular but take away the GG and cap the HP situation for forts a large part of the problem on older worlds are this.. or youll just end up with half the world with a GG and specced purely for forts with HP and theres enough of that crap going on in the newer worlds.

DeletedUser24373

What some browser based games have done when merging worlds together, for players that have an more than one account in the worlds being merged, was to:

Allow the player to decide which account they will keep and which ones get deleted.

Provide the player with compensation (nuggets) for the loss of each account deleted. This is done based on the players level being deleted.

In this case, Inno needs to provide those players losing accounts with something in return for those accounts.