World1: More than 80000 players are level one/inactive

DeletedUser

Good afternoon,

I have had a look at the player stats today only to find out that more than 80000 of the 120000 World1 players are level 1, which essentially means that at least 66.66% of players are inactive (not taking into account players that stopped playing after a few levels more).

I would appreciate if the devs set things straight, removing all these inactive players before opening yet another world. No wonder it's so hard to find players joining your town, looking at these stats. And that makes things quite hard and frustrating for those towns that haven't been built in the very beginning.

I think this also puts those comments into perspective that already praise "The West" as THE GAME out there and create "Wow" effects by stating the vast increase in players.

Though I like the game as such, it also shows that in order to maintain a vivid player base the game would need to gain a lot more depth. That should not be taken as an offense, but I'd really like to see some vision on where the devs would like to take this game (I know that a sheriff will be added and trade might be enabled, but that alone wouldn't do the trick for me yet;))

Cheers, Bonez

DeletedUser

i think there is some kind of limit of how long you can stay inactive untill your account is deleted (atleast its 2weeks in TW)..

DeletedUser

There's a limit here also. But it is a really long time (over 30 days, I think).

DeletedUser

The rules say the following:
§7) Account deletion

A player can be deleted for a variety of reasons. If an account is inactive for over 28 days it may be automatically deleted.

The may sounds a bit vague to me. But hey, I'd be happy for the devs to prove me wrong and all that mess gettting cleaned naturally within the next 2-4 weeks.

Cheers,
Bonez

DeletedUser

I was about to speculate as to when W3 would be open. Anyway, I think that 66% is none too bad, if you wanted to get those people interested whodidn't even get to lvl 2 then you'd need to put a shoot-em up in or something, becuase you can get to level 2 after 10 min picking tobacco if I remember correctly.

I'd prefer less places for founding a town as a cure to the recruitment crunch. But it's not so bad that al those little megalomaniacs never get off the ground :D

So, W3. W2 2 opened when W1 was @~100k players. Just looked, We have about 76k on W2 atm, while to go yet?

DeletedUser

I think Levels 1's should be deleted within a week of inactivity..
You can level to level 2 in no time with the quests you get at the beginning, so that shows that all the level 1's now haven't even bothered to try the quests, they have simply just gone on and left..

DeletedUser

W3 open

:mad:Lol World 3 is open.

Many thanks for increasing W1 drop out rates even further, as I can already smell medium to non succesful W1 players giving it a fresh start in W3.

I can see the added value from the dev side, adding yet another opportunity for people being the first and top of the list

Cheers,
Bonez

DeletedUser

I am a new player and I am in World 2, now that I see that World 2 is closed to new players I don't see good things in the future. With so many towns opening up how are towns suppose to keep growing without the flow of new players. I play another online game that had closed registration to do fixes and updates, they took forever and the game came to a halt because we didn't have new people to recruit and people stopped playing because it was boring and couldn't grow.

I hope they delete the inactives on all worlds and restore registration on World 1 or World 2 to bring life back in them.

DeletedUser

Morthy said it was going to be 45 days here.

I know the rules say 28, but I'd have to assume that is just copy/paste from the German worlds and what Morthy said will be correct.

DeletedUser

:mad:Lol World 3 is open.

Many thanks for increasing W1 drop out rates even further, as I can already smell medium to non succesful W1 players giving it a fresh start in W3.

I can see the added value from the dev side, adding yet another opportunity for people being the first and top of the list

Cheers,
Bonez
im probably an average w1 (lvl 14)and 2 (lvl 10) player, yet i am active in all 3 worlds i don't think ill be leaving any time soon
so i guess what you said doesn't reall count in the fact that this is a reall time game and you don't have to commit that much to be an average player in the 2 worlds that have actually take off maybe 2-3 hours a day total playing at my computer (not doing jobs or traveling while at a different sit or asleep or w/e)maybe its just me, but i seem to beable to have fun and appreciate that this game is still new and that the devs will be making changes to the game in the near future and will deffinatly be sticking around for a few months

DeletedUser

I say delete level 1 and level 2 accounts that stays inactive for more than 5 days from last login time. On level 3 /4 / 5, it goes to 2 weeks, once level 6, 7, 8 its 3 weeks and from level 9 onwards its the standard 30 days / 45 days or whatever.

DeletedUser

Guys, the players registered number is a big one for the devs... if there is a big number people will join and check it out... if it is a low number people will pass it by. I don't see those inactive being deleted any time soon...

DeletedUser

I registered an account on server 1 just to get my forum account active. I play on the Dutch servers, being dutch myself. If they delete my account and my forum account goes with it, you can expect me to make another one so I can at least use these forum to scour for more up-to-date info.

DeletedUser

Was gonna say. There's so many inactive players on the west side of World one it's unbelievable.

DeletedUser

This issue is not for us to handle. This is for the T-W Team to handle. Let them do what they think is right.

DeletedUser

Oh, a message in bold. You must be a very special person then. How old are you? 10?.....

I'm annoyed about high inactivity levels and am clearly spelling this out. I understand the devs sensitivity to the total of registered players, though it's very a poor and inmature Marketing message being delivered and it will have an effect on the established player base mid term.

More essentially, I'm the "consumer" (paying money) and have a right to demand that the product is working flawlessly and to its full extent and I (personally) see a 66.6% inactivity level as a serious flaw that needs to be resolved.

Cheers, Bonez

DeletedUser

I agree, if you dont delete players that have been inactive for two months because you want more ppl, then that IS a serious flaw. 66.66% inactivity rate... wow.

DeletedUser

need a merge town function.

like you recoup half the value of the smaller town or something.
there also needs to be 1/3 as many towns make founding a town a luck event or something.

"ooohh I just found a new town available hurry gotta grab it."