World Version?

DeletedUser

Is there a place to look in the world to see what version of the software is running it?

DeletedUser

Nope, just by keeping track of updates. There was a suggestion a while ago to show version in the lower right corner with server time, but I believe it died.

DeletedUser

fyi - if you look at the homepage Morthy does a good job of writing in when the updates have happened.

Also v1.18 hasn't updated yet - I know it said Wednesday ... but such is the way of all things internet.... bugs happen.

DeletedUser

The fact that the it's-coming-Wednesday message went away would be a good reason to think that it was implemented. However, I see no new quests. Though I did notice a new (to me) behavior in the game.

Modern software (I am speaking from the perspective of someone with 34 years of programmer/analyst/developer experience) should have a way to look up the version. This was found to be necessary back in the 80s. I get a little disgusted when modern developers leave out important things.

DeletedUser

morthy said that if no problems are reported on the de server today then our servers would be updated tommorow oops sorry cro i was posting at same time lol

Last edited by a moderator: