• Ban players when not showing up

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Dear players of Colorado,

As a new "manager" on the job, i have been having a great time taking over for kuro, with all the good and bad things it takes.
But very fast i learned that players here at Colorado in the latest days/weeks, have had a numerous amount of fort battles everyday.
Now for some other worlds, they miss having fort battles, and for some worlds, they have to many, so my sense of it all is all over the place ;-)

I will not call it abuse or to much or to little, in general there is no real rules or number for how many fort battles there can be in a world for a day.
But the more there is, of cause, fewer will have the health points to attend them all.

This has caused a big cut of the player base of Colorado server to reach us for help, due to the impossibility of enjoying and taking part in the multiplayer functionality.
The attitude of few disrupted the game for many others. I have therefore now decided to take the status of the kansas setup, and try it out in the Colorado server configuration, and hence from now the declaration of multiple fort battles on the server is requiring more resources.
Edit: Since the most players have asked for about 2-3 battels a day, max. i would suggest your all adhere to this number.

Since this is only a small change and might not be enough to prevent the multiple fort battles each day, i would hope that it might help a little.

As a start there will not be giving any form of punishment for making "multiple" fortbattles each day, but i hope that this might lower the number and hence making more players wanting to join the fort battles again

We are sure that with the goodwill of all the players, everyone will be able to enjoy the fort battle feature without having to abuse the game.

EDIT: To update this post with the "end result" of this talk. Down below is the way Colorado is played at the moment.

Okay then. I think this topic is done.

Thank you ALL who have participated here and with all the ideas and talk this is now the way we do it.
IF you call a battle, you will need to be there, with your character AND be online for what ever rounds the battle takes. - Simple as that.
If not, a very VERY good excuse, should be made to not have this happen, and even then, 5 points ban will be given in most cases.
IF this behavior is repeated. A higher ban point will be giving for each new battle that are made, and the battle caller is not showing up.

So behave ;-)

The battle cost is back to the normal world settings, so "everyone" should have a chance to call a battle.
I will close this topic now. But again, glad we could have this civilized-ish talk :p

Last edited:

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
numbers please
Well it is hard to put a number in, since i do not know what most of you want, so a suggestion from me would be to talk about this in the world chat.
But if i should come with a number depending from others i guess a max of 3 is enough each day.

This is all new for this world. So the higher cost of declaring a battle is the first step to see if an effect can be seen.

C0OPeR

3 per day can be good but how u wanna avoid these mad persons stay away of digs ? there is 3 mad person for now on colorado ( it was one in past then increased for 2 and now 3 ) , they can just cordinate and take all 3 by themself :/
maybe just , the cost of dig be like 100k per battle and secound one in next 24 be like 500k :/ and it go cooldown in next 48 and return for 100k !!!
first 100k per battle will help us in after around 2-3 week , they stop dig a battle due no money left :/

Deadeye Jerry

numbers please
If you want how much it will cost, well dig costs 6 times more than the previous time and please don't ask how I know that :D

And since you guys want to help for better battles, can you increase the numbers of the attackers.. The numbers in the middle of the current max and the previous max would be ideal because it is just enough to give a bit of better chances for attackers winning

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Hope there will be a way to prevent that one town just take the three digs every day. It could potentially ruin all battles. We have a lot of trolls digging just to destroy for others and they have never ever gotten any real punishment, even through heavy complaints by the rest of the players. Right now we have one person digging multiple times a day and almost never attends any battle. I wish that support will be a lot stricter in the future with these people if we go down the 3-battles-a-day route.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Well as mentioned, this is all a start to see how it goes.
I could think without knowing that money surely is not a problem at the moment, but at least this is now a factor. And if not, i will try to raise it again.

Multiple battles a day or not, this is the beginning for me to show you all i care, and want to make it better :)

RaiderTr

Well, even though I don't play the game for some months now (for various reasons) , I'm glad to have a CM that actually knows and willing to do some stuff

Beware though, LCM doesn't like competent people much.

wyindywidualizowany

If you want how much it will cost, well dig costs 6 times more than the previous time and please don't ask how I know that :D

And since you guys want to help for better battles, can you increase the numbers of the attackers.. The numbers in the middle of the current max and the previous max would be ideal because it is just enough to give a bit of better chances for attackers winning

thanks

Deadeye Jerry

But no matter how you look at this new rule it is full of flaws, you simply can't restrict some 1-man town to dig a battle in the middle of the day it is their right to try and get fort but what happens if all 3 slots are filled with "useless" battles, you can't ban them all?

C0OPeR

But no matter how you look at this new rule it is full of flaws, you simply can't restrict some 1-man town to dig a battle in the middle of the day it is their right to try and get fort but what happens if all 3 slots are filled with "useless" battles, you can't ban them all?
sure , i am in think of that too , they know that we wanna have one good battle during 19:00 pm - 24:00 pm server time and they will try dig the battles before that time and fill the slots :/

Cactus Poke

Hr.Nyborg
The players on Colorado have for some time worked together to keep the fort battles as balanced as possible. We have two main fort-fighting alliances, Storm Riders and The Regulators, who have an agreement in place to encourage competitive battles during primetime. The agreement follows:

Storm Riders dig on the odd days of the month only, Regulators dig the evens
- Our prime time to dig Medium or Big Battles is from 18:00 ST to 00:00 ST
- If a battle has not been dug by 23:00 ST either side may dig until 00:00 ST on a first come first served basis. Refresh and check for other battles before digging.
- Only Small Battles can be dug outside this period, with an interval not less than 8 hours between each two battles.
- The 31st will be a fun battle day. Refresh and check for other battles before digging.

It would be good if we could report those players who simply dig to disrupt. Often they do not even show up to the battles they dig. It would be great if you could take some action to stop this behavior. These offenders presently include naughty pumpkin, Doc Paine, and Roffo Snake.

C0OPeR

as i say in ticket , in colorado both alliance dont care of loose fort or take fort , we just wanna have one good battle per day to have some fun
for more time , both alliance swaped towns , players , fort battle leaders between alliance just to balance battles
in this case , we swapped forts too when one side were low on forts ...

szycopath

It's quite simple tho
Set up a cooldown time for battles (4, 6, 8 or whatever hours) and if you dig sooner, your dig will cost 2mil (or more, less, wtv. A lot)
Something like this is going on on beta too and it works
Will it stop 1 man towns from digging? Not necessarily but it forces them to coordinate their bull**** a lot more than they do now. Also, those towns don't really have enough money to keep doing this for too long. I could imagine it being fun for them for some time to sit around and wait for the cooldown time to pass but it's only funny for so long, and bigger towns can afford to dig for a few mil anyway (unlike roffo and the rest)

Roffo Snake

This really is a joke, this is like playing for a participation award, and to punish the people that are making others uncomfortable by wanting to dig forts is beyond belief the fort fights cost current $1500, $6000 & $40000 that is more than enough I mean how much more of a bunch of babies are you all to go running to mommy crying to protect your playing time, WoW

Zuluski

Instead of trying to devise ways to stop the multi digs by the few disruptive players on Colorado that have zero interest in their digs, maybe it will be much easier to reserve the digs during our Colorado defined "prime time" to 2 main alliances so the vast majority of the dedicated Colorado fort fighters can have an uninterrupted battle.

Since the very beginnings of Colorado the players and alliances have prided themselves in providing the fort fighters regular and balanced daily battles during the time of day that has been proven to be most suitable for most on Colorado, namely between 8pm and midnight server time and we have proven to everyone that we can manage to do that pretty successfully.

There were always times where we had a problem with multi diggers whose sole purpose was to destroy the fun for the majority. Why do they do it? BECAUSE THEY CAN !!!. In the past we did have help from support regarding this when support banned those multi diggers that dug and never attended their own battles and the problem has always subsided.

Now we see an escalation of the problem and i dont see it decreasing any time soon especially when there is an open declaration form a CM that such actions will not be punished.

Increasing the price of a dig will not solve the problem but it will only move the goal posts. Same as limiting the amount of daily digs. You will only deprive the legitimate diggers to have a chance to do our daily dig during our prime time.

With all due respect to you Hr.Nyborg, in my opnion you are trying to reinvent the wheel by trying to implement changes that have far less chance of success then the methods we have been implementing by ourselves on Colorado for years which always worked. All that is required is a little help from your side to send a clear message to those few whose only purpose is to destroy the fun of fort battles to everyone else.

It is great that you have raised this problem that we are currently having on Colorado, but i truly believe that we have far more experience and knowledge regarding providing balanced regular fort fights and what works and what does not then you. I am sure that all those that have spoken here before me will be more then happy to provide you with as much info as you would like to have regarding Colorado fort fighting scene.

C0OPeR

This really is a joke, this is like playing for a participation award, and to punish the people that are making others uncomfortable by wanting to dig forts is beyond belief the fort fights cost current $1500, $6000 & $40000 that is more than enough I mean how much more of a bunch of babies are you all to go running to mommy crying to protect your playing time, WoW
so dont be like that babies and grow and let us know whats your purpose of your dugs while you even didnt join your own battles
if u wanna fort fight , u will have atleast one in prime time with better orgnize and better numbers and more funs
if you wanna be like trolls do it only to mess around with who enjoy battles on colorado , i can just say GROW

Dubjean

I haven't joined battles here in awhile but I do pay attention to what is going on. Colorado had 2 small forts that any small alliances could dig at any time and I'm sure they would be willing to re-implement this so those individual players could dig those 2 forts at any time they desired against other small alliances as long as they were penalized for digging the other forts. Naughty, Doc and Roffo could all battle against each other and have a grand old time.

Players that dig a battle continuously just for the sake of digging and don't show up are harassing the other players and I thought there were rules against harassment. Naughty Pumpkin has been doing this for many years and obviously not being 'punished' for doing so and now others feel they can also get away with it. There are times when multi-digs are tactical which makes a difference in gameplay, but these digs are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.