Voting World Migrating

Please choose from the options below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8627

Howdy!

It's poll time, please choose the applicable options above. You may choose more than one option.

We would like to get a feeler out there to see what your opinion is on certain aspects of migrating, specifically how many worlds an average player plays and if players are happy to swap between premium systems.

> Version 1.36 world migration
> 1.36 world migration - discussion

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30254

I must say...it is ALOT better if you draw up a draft of what worlds we can migrate to (W3, W5, W Arizona) and then it would be easier for us to make a decision base on our character stats. I mean, I'm nto totally happy atm, i have supported this in the vote, but it's almsot as if I'm walkign blindly into something I don't know. What if my 2 world clashes? So yeah, a list of migration worlds drawn up would resolve alot of conflicts towards the system and withn alliances. P.S. Regarding this migration....would it be possible to migrate mroe than once? So I move from W1 t W5 then decide, hmm thats not too good, lets go to W4. Or is it a one time only? I think mutiple times owuld be the best in order to achieve the best possible balance

DeletedUser8627

We are running these surveys so we can come up with a list best suited for the players.

But what we are looking at is cleaning out the worlds with less population (W2 - W10) and having those players move to worlds with a higher population (W11 - W15). Estimating on having about 5 - 10 worlds to migrate to depending on the polls outcome of course.

One migration only per character at this time. This can be looked into at a later stage once the ball is in motion.

DeletedUser

So world 2-10 are the worlds to be closed eventually and worlds 11-15 are the active worlds to choose from in the coming weeks/months?
Havent included world 1 in this scenario as this being the first world for the West.

DeletedUser

Have you read the Dev Blog ?

It explains most of your questions. There are some issues that are still being decided. :)

DeletedUser19965

I am not sure how this is going to play out but I for one tip my hat to the Devs for their efforts in trying something new to breath some life in to the game. I guess my main question is how much is this going to cost us and how many times are we going to be able to world jump? Not to point fingers at anyone but I can see some players going a little crazy with this *cough cough Derek cough cough*:p

DeletedUser18690

It could be a good idea

I've been hearing of rumors of dead worlds dying and we Texans (alliance) have worked hard to keep W4 active. After reading up on the new merging options, I'm actually 80% okay with the merge to a new world if we're "forced" to leave W4.

Having the option to merge a few times would be nice but that's allot of work on you devs too specially if you have a large merge (W2-W10) that's allot of people I would think dead world or not.

For me, it's easy because I only play on one world (and I've very very active) which is why I don't play anywhere else. I've done newsletters and manuals for our alliance as well as helped to create a group of leaders. So, merging to a new world means losing our forts, we can get new ones, and losing my town, well... a minor set back... I think at this point I'm happy with the merge after learning I keep my players stats and inventory. THAT is most important to me atm. I've worked hard to get the stats I have now AS WELL as the gear to boot!

I propose to you Da Twista is maybe (if you haven't already put this into play) maybe putting up a loggin splash page to come here and vote since I'm not as active with this blog as others may. It would help your voting process. I have posted this link/voting page on our Texan Forum so you'll soon have many more votes from the Texans of W4. :rolleyes:

Riddlz
Texan Alliance Historian/Spamminator
councilman.riddlz@gmail.com

DeletedUser8627

Thanks for the feedback riddlz.

A newsletter will be released shortly and we are also releasing an in-game survey most likely on Monday. :)

DeletedUser

They should not make the inactive people pay for their mistakes.(Making a lot of worlds)

I'm not totally on board with this because I don't know how it's going to be implemented yet and if it's going to be done in a fair manner, but it appears that they headed that way and they're certainly trying to be fair and I'm trying to keep an open mind while seeing the demise of over half my character "army" in the near future (I'm probably going to lose 9 characters and it's a virtual "Sophie's Choice" moment). Anyone, myself include, who is facing the loss of a character or characters is likely to act in a selfish manner because that's just human nature (you're having something taken from you against your will after all so it's only to be expected). I applaud the development crew for taking steps towards mitigating these concerns and keeping their players happy but in the end, we must remember that we are player in their game and their game is a business. It is the purpose of a business to make money, it's not a charity ... although many are allowed to play for free, it's still a business and not a charity. If you aren't paying, then someone is paying for you whether you realize it or not. It is not a mistake on the developers part to have a lot of worlds open any more than it is the fault of players who have left those worlds . . . that's just the way events played out and at the time the worlds were opened it wasn't a mistake so let's not characterize it a mistake in hindsight. Without the proclivity of the early worlds we would not be where we are now.)

DeletedUser14006

Bad idea Da Twista this idea would be nicer if you said from active to dead with a max number of players going to these dead worlds.

What do you propose TUG, stop the whole migration idea and continue as we are?

Then you can have many, many accounts on many, many dead worlds?

Get with the program and what is trying to be achieved here.

DeletedUser

I actually thought of this long ago after w11 opened, then 4 more worlds followed. I was thinking then already that why is the west killing worlds off by creating new worlds. I remember talking in one of the worlds town forums and most people then liked it because they wanted to play more worlds. Now that the worlds are dying the biggest fear that I had is coming to light. I have been playing some of my characters are over 2 years old and play very different from each world, I don't want to move or loose them. The biggest problem that the west has in dying worlds is some of the crafting items that you need to rely on other players, but this is no reason to close down those worlds. Also some of the slower worlds I enjoy because I don't sit and get dueled day in and day out, I went through the pain in the worlds of this happening and now that I really don't have to worry much about being dueled sounds like the plug's getting yanked.

Just stop creating new worlds and put caps on how many people can join worlds, or change the registrations to where you actually have where can not join until other "dead" worlds can climb out of this dilemma. To punish the active players in the slower world won't increase the number of players that play the west by any great number as I can see through this proposal. Please leave me play in peace and not start deleting my characters that are years older than people in newer worlds.

DeletedUser

I am all for the migrating idea. The only concern i have is this: will players from Complete Premium worlds (that allow skill buying) be able to migrate into Enhanced Premium worlds (that do not allow skill buying)? I could see this causing a problem if a player had bought alot of skills, and moves to a world where that is not possible. Esp when it comes to dueling. Other than that, i give it 2 thumbs up. :)

DeletedUser8627

I am all for the migrating idea. The only concern i have is this: will players from Complete Premium worlds (that allow skill buying) be able to migrate into Enhanced Premium worlds (that do not allow skill buying)? I could see this causing a problem if a player had bought alot of skills, and moves to a world where that is not possible. Esp when it comes to dueling. Other than that, i give it 2 thumbs up. :)

This is one of the reasons why we included the last two options in this poll. We want to find out how you feel about it.

DeletedUser

I voted yes to both ways, but yeah, that is a good point. It should just affect Colorado though, assuming migrating to w2-w10 is not an option. Anyone from w2+ migrating to w1 would have an advantage, but I think it would be best for w1 to allow people from enhanced premium worlds to migrate there.

DeletedUser15641

Well i can admit that i failed to sabotage this poll it does not even matter i asked people to say no to it but they refused to well it won't matter any way all worlds will be dead so why do you want to speed it up?Please discuss at the saloon thread.

DeletedUser

Migrating

I really don't under stand all of the crap that's about to happen. I don't agree with it.
Why can't U leave well enough alone ? Let the people who want to Migrate do it and let the others stay where they want.:mad:

DeletedUser25606

"enhanced premium" doesnt exsist after 1.35 with the fort shop , energy refill is a buyable option , even though colardo was marketed as such , colardo's a mess , can i move to 1 or 12?

DeletedUser

I am against letting players from worlds 2-14 move to W1. In W1, jobs take 2hrs for the same 24 labor points that you can do in 1hr in other worlds, so it is slower to make levels, earn money and advance your town. Allowing players that were able to advance to level 120 in 4 months in W2-14 into W1, where there are longer playing, but lower skilled players is unfair.

I am in favor of letting players change worlds, ONCE, to worlds with the same premium system. Otherwise, players that purchased attribs and skills in W11 and up will have an unfair advantage to W1-10 players.

Players that want to play W1, are most welcome to START here. There are tons of 43,000 point towns for adoption. No need to build a new one. The game is a little slower here, which is great if you are AFK a lot.

DeletedUser

what can we take with us?

My only problem with migrating to another world is the massive amount of time and money I have spent on this one (W5). I think my town has about 46k points and I have spent about 180k building it up. Do I lose all that money? can i migrate with my town? can I get the money refunded? I don't have a problem with moving, I understand the point and the benefits as well. Without addressing these issues though I think the longest playing and most loyal players are being punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.