Voting World Migrating

Please choose from the options below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

HAH, eminent domain. It's actually not even an anachronism. It was being used long before the era of the game. You might have covered it (I only skimmed your post), but it seems open to abuse, like kicking other town members to get more shares for yourself, claiming a ghost town, etc. I'm also not sure how much any payment would satisfy the people who are really resenting having to give up their towns.

Edit: And even if you didn't cover it, it obviously doesn't mean you still couldn't add anti-abuse measures.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8310

Thanks Elmyr, I hope you have time to read it all and see if I missed anything else:)

I can't see much to be done about people kicking their fellow members to get a bigger cut. Greed, seems to make the world go round... sad but true. I think this one would fall under acceptable losses.

Ghost towns could be locked down before the initial script runs. This way all the towns would eventually end up locked and unable to be reactivated.

I agree there will be resentment, heck, I resent having to give up my town, but I would rather walk away with something than get tossed out with nothing:)

DeletedUser

Though I believe now that worlds 2-10 are not Full Premium worlds.. it doesn't matter if they come to world 1 either
So I'd now say that's good news (non Full Premium - no Extra Skill purchases) .. and in that case we'll glad accept many in that case
It doesn't matter what gear or weapons they acquired... just can't have massive amounts of extra skill points ;)

But it does matter, those players were able to use the shamen to gain quests advantages over those who started out on world 1. I love my GG on world 1 since its the only world u have to work hard to get it. New ppl coming into that world would have it easy bring a GG there. I'm still working on gaining money to respec back from getting mine and they could use a shamen on another world rather than pay 3k per skill or attribute move :blink:

The other issue that I've though of is all the talk is regarding mergers to active worlds.... I'm already on all active worlds so would be left with no worlds to merge to other than deleting characters (which I'm ok with) but would love to see a new world for mergers only.... Give ppl the option to start fresh with already built characters could be a fun and welcomed change of pace from starting at level 0 ;)

I'd even merge to a duel focused world with only 4 counties to keep the dueling easy and close quarters. Just a thought though

DeletedUser

Out of interest ... If all or most active players on worlds 2-10 all moved to a new world ... what do you think the number would be ??? Same as W15 ??

but .. this question is kinda moot because a lot of the older world players play in several or all worlds so they could only take one over to the new one ...

I guess i will see what happens next month with the rest of you

DeletedUser

I am happy in the world I am in, now, unfortunately its been getting a might bit thin. There was 13K members at one point. Now theres around 3.4K left.. I however like building up my town and character in alternating days so, it has effected me less you might say.. I also would like a more complete explanation of how to get a fort goin'..

You might say that the Doc's on this are a tad sparse...

Good day in the west , Ladies and Gents..
Slim

DeletedUser

Why is it a problem if the town and its treasury stay in the old world? I know that there will be exceptions, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that a good portion of the town building and treasury value on older worlds was contributed by players that are either no longer in that town, or no longer playing at all.

I have no problem with the migration. Let me bring my skills, inventory, and cash and I'll adapt to whatever world i choose to go to. For the most part we are not talking about low level players that are migrating, but an option for those of us who have invested a lot of time, effort, and potentially nuggets into character development to take that character to a more active world. If the town i built from scratch in W3 for the achievement award and any banking fees that have accumulated in my treasury stay in W3, I'm OK with that.

Do we have any updated news on which worlds we will be allowed to migrate into and out from?

1Big Chief

And who gets credit for it, just the builders? The people who deposited the money that paid for it? The people who's bank fees paid for it? The duelers who protected them while they built? The founder(s) who were responsible for recruiting the builders? If you don't do it individually, then whoever does get credit gets to double dip and you get a lot of fully built towns appearing.
LoL.. there you go and complicate it again :unsure: .. LoL.. just kidding :D
Guess I never thought of that .. but the town also shows who deposited their money
Guess they can use it to see who they need to refund ?
But yes.. the Duelers might have defended them while building.. but would they moan ? Maybe :(

DeletedUser

And who gets credit for it, just the builders? The people who deposited the money that paid for it? The people who's bank fees paid for it? The duelers who protected them while they built? The founder(s) who were responsible for recruiting the builders? If you don't do it individually, then whoever does get credit gets to double dip and you get a lot of fully built towns appearing.

Elymyr isn't it time you think builders get credit for once for what they have done in this game. Other classes get rewarded and always builders are the ones being given bad bonuses and looses out all the time

DeletedUser

There might be a server jam for this idea, still I would support it. Why can't we merge the worlds together then we would could communicate with other people from diffrent worlds and given the whatever they want to trade.

DeletedUser8310

Glorry, I think I follow what you are saying but could you clarify please? I think you are talking about joining the worlds together by connecting the maps so we could move back and forth. But I am not certain.

DeletedUser

I just want people to be able to move into w12. We need it there badly.

DeletedUser

As a lvl 120 builder I've built 2 1/2 towns and have respecced twice, once to gg then to dueler to payback those individuals who dueled me when I was defenseless. If we are building again on the new world, will builders be given a free respec or 2? Or are we singled out having to respec twice: once to build again then to whatever we want to be?

DeletedUser

I can pretty much guarantee I won't be building anything without it.

DeletedUser

I can pretty much guarantee I won't be building anything without it.

Then dont build lol Building with pure strength isnt that bad if u have decent gear. Sure its a little slower but it still gets built in the end ;)

DeletedUser

Then dont build lol Building with pure strength isnt that bad if u have decent gear. Sure its a little slower but it still gets built in the end ;)

Yep, my fort fighters are the equivalent of 40ish pure builder, which is a lot better than you start out on a new world with, plus a lot better construction gear. None of that "come on Clint's!" or "come on brown clothing!" when you first start building your tailor on a new world.

Of course it's probably moot with no w16.

Status
Not open for further replies.