Voting World Migrating

Please choose from the options below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If I can talk you into letting people migrate out of w1, and I stay there, will I win the game when my guy is the last man standing there? :)

DeletedUser33353

I love the idea....should have been done long ago. But, if you can import stats to another world? dueling stats, etc......That is something I do not like. It screws the folks that have been working on them in that world.

DeletedUser15641

Hmm then why don't make an immigration new world(Camp) that would be good for migrated players.

DeletedUser

I love the idea....should have been done long ago. But, if you can import stats to another world? dueling stats, etc......That is something I do not like. It screws the folks that have been working on them in that world.

Ya but why should a dueler be stuck at 0 again in the stats department after they migrate, I'd love to bring my duelers to an active world but it's not worth going back to 0 after getting 200,000 xp from duels. Hows that fair to those migrating.

DeletedUser

If anything, migration is GOOD for duelers, especially those with high DLs who have gotten tired of dueling the same duelers with equally high DLs over and over again.

DeletedUser22685

Plus, I didn't think duel stats and exp were even going to be reset.

DeletedUser34315

I had read somewhere that worlds 2-10 did not have the option to purchase skill and attribute points. Is that true?

DeletedUser

When logging into your world, you have the option to view other worlds with descriptions of premium system and server population. To answer your question, yes.

DeletedUser

I had read somewhere that worlds 2-10 did not have the option to purchase skill and attribute points. Is that true?

Yes, that is true. Also, w15 cannot purchase skill and attribute points. Only worlds 11-14 are able to purchase them.

DeletedUser30224

Kidd Kalypso, the experience you gained from dueling shows in your stats, it is the experience gathered that rises your dueling lvl, therefore it must be imported with the character if the character is to keep the duel level unchanged.

Since it would be unfair to people resident in that particular world, migrating a 120 lvl character to start from scratch including 120 duel lvl would be a bad bad idea.

just teasing you Sir of course :p

DeletedUser33353

Valid points to all.....but, since that is what I like to do(duel for experience only), I just wanted to express my opinion on it.......heck, as I said...this should have been done long ago.
Oh....Zd3no? You are now bountied on w15, xxxooo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Well, if they won't have extra skill points from buying them with premium,that is good.

DeletedUser

A possible solution to the AP/SP buying issue: link the AP/SP to the world, NOT the character, so if you change worlds, the AP/SP stays there and you get it if you start a new character on that world or move another one there.

DeletedUser16008

A possible solution to the AP/SP buying issue: link the AP/SP to the world, NOT the character, so if you change worlds, the AP/SP stays there and you get it if you start a new character on that world or move another one there.

Now THAT is one good idea.

DeletedUser33146

world 1

I would love to be able to move out of world one. I hope i get the option.

DeletedUser

losses

if we force migration I have lost 180k of money and and don't how many hours spent building a town. maybe there should be some form of compensation for those who are forced to migrate. Generally speaking the ones forced to migrate are the longest playing and most loyal.

1Big Chief

Town Migration Idea

This might sound very odd... but you can move skills around .. Shaman or Potion ... right ?
I see no problem them writing a quick script.. that you can reclaim your town points (progress) .. individually for accuracy.. or as a whole
This way you can pack up your town and go to any world.. without any harm to that new world.. so can't see why not
So when you claim a new town.. as a once off.. open the "envelope" and "install" your town .. as it was before ;)

We know they don't need much scripting for this.. as they have it already.. just approval required & implementation

DeletedUser

This might sound very odd... but you can move skills around .. Shaman or Potion ... right ?
I see no problem them writing a quick script.. that you can reclaim your town points (progress) .. individually for accuracy.. or as a whole
This way you can pack up your town and go to any world.. without any harm to that new world.. so can't see why not
So when you claim a new town.. as a once off.. open the "envelope" and "install" your town .. as it was before ;)

We know they don't need much scripting for this.. as they have it already.. just approval required & implementation

And who gets credit for it, just the builders? The people who deposited the money that paid for it? The people who's bank fees paid for it? The duelers who protected them while they built? The founder(s) who were responsible for recruiting the builders? If you don't do it individually, then whoever does get credit gets to double dip and you get a lot of fully built towns appearing.

DeletedUser8310

I believe that I may have a solution to the town issue. This being near and dear to my heart I have put a lot of thought into it. I have put this together with the following in mind:

First: No decision made will make everyone happy

Second: Its better to walk away with something than nothing

Third: Work done by the new worlds old residents and the new residents(in their old world) needs to both be considered.

Short form: The idea is similar to a Government Buyout. The Devs (Government) buy out the towns on condemned worlds.

Long Form:

The Devs create a code that values each building in a town based on its level (partial level included). This value is added to the amount in the town treasury (not physically).

The town founder is then given a time frame to change worlds, when they do the town on the old world is locked and the total amount (treasury plus buildings value) is divided among the residents and founder. Each resident receives 1 share and the founder receives 2 shares. This could be done in a packet like the easter bonds.

When the founder arrives in the new world they receive a one time message, something to the effect of: "The relocation office has designated the following land for your move. Accept, Decline". The "land" is selected at random from any ghost towns or building site available on the world. If there are none then one is created at random in a random location. The founder then simply moves into the new town and sends out invitations to all the old townies.

This setup would allow all the folks that helped build the town to receive a piece of the pie. It would guarantee that there would be a place they could go in their new world. A town that is well knit together will gather and begin working on their new town.

Townies who do not rejoin their old group in the new world will be adding to the economy of the new world and assisting any old town that was already there.

Founders who do not take the one time offer of land in the new world will be doing the same thing.

Founders who do take the offer will be reinvesting the money into their new town and providing a new, active town for trade, dueling, and fort fights.

Yes, you may end up with a town that needs a lot of work. Yes, there will be more active towns and some new alliances. And yes, this is not a perfect solution. But I think it will ease some of the tensions and help make things a bit better in the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.