World closure

RaiderTr

Even if we put all West markets together, I don't think we will reach that number of active players anymore.

Reyne

Then why don't you just quit, or have Inno shut down the west altogether?. Maybe 29k (according to the screen shot above that you posted) aren't all active. But we made it work on W1 with a lot less. You get out of it what you put into it. Six hundred sounds pretty awesome after 170 on world 1.

And actually, no. I wouldn't be happy if there were just 2 people on a server. I would actually require 4. A field cook, tonic peddler, blacksmith and saddler. ;) Why does a fort battle have to be full? I never understood that. You can have just as much fun with 20 on each side in a small, medium, or large. It depends on the people you play with, I guess.

Some people just can't find any happiness at all in a game that's supposed to be fun. It's not perfect, but it's a good time killer.

DeletedUser15368

Then why don't you just quit
Oh don't worry about that, countless friends have quit the game, more leave every day, and every one that does is one less reason to stick around and see if they fix the broken parts of the game that we used to play it for, because at the end of the day, the other players are what makes this game great.

Of the 29k accounts on the newest world, 25k have already quit/deactivated in under a year.
Maybe we should ask why player retention is so bad, or maybe we shouldn't bother, as long as there are 4 players left... right?

I totally respect that you enjoy church building, questing, grinding for exp, stuff like that - I'm happy for you that you can still find enjoyment in those aspects of the game.
A lot of us miss the ability to kill time and have fun in this potentially amazing game.
20 vs 20s can be fun, and there's lots of worlds like that to pick from - but there's a reason Colorado and Kansas have the most active playerbase, and the most active markets, and the most active duels, and the most active saloons, and the most active nugget users (which - open secret - are the players the company wants to cater to, because that's how the freemium business model works).
Bigger is Better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

If this was a game that never had more players than today and it was all hypothetical, then yes, I would agree - we don't know if bigger is better. But we do know. This is not a hypothetical situation. We had more players, we had worlds with thousands of players who were active on a daily basis, we had maps with 40 sectors and 120 forts (IIRC), battles all the time, practically unlimited number of duel targets etc. And yes, many players still love this game, and know that it takes so little effort to make it better. That's why they don't quit - because they care. The sad part is that it is so easy to fix a lot of the things that don't work well today, but it's not happening :(

boot

well ya know i started the west day 1 , world1, en. then more colo, zona ect. in 2013 or 2014 inno said to migrate they was closin. i left for world 11, then to fairbanks. it sucked that it went on for years when i wish i could have stayed longer. my only question is who was the highest ranked player on world, and 2 more. who is the longest active player that started this world, and who is the longest active player. thanx-boot

Al35ul

well ya know i started the west day 1 , world1, en. then more colo, zona ect. in 2013 or 2014 inno said to migrate they was closin. i left for world 11, then to fairbanks. it sucked that it went on for years when i wish i could have stayed longer. my only question is who was the highest ranked player on world, and 2 more. who is the longest active player that started this world, and who is the longest active player. thanx-boot
Col. Mortimer was no.1 in experience ranking for some time after the migration first opened in 2016 (or whenever it first opened). He was also no.1 when the world reached its final days. Longest active player is hard to find out, but players like Iceman, -neo-, plugger, Vic, RD were some of the players I know started off very very early on the world and only migrated earlier this year (and/or got deleted). Cringe was also there from the beginning, and is now on Arizona.

boot

yes agree ice was 78 to join, cringe was 347, plugger was 446, cant find plugger or neo but i was 6375 and vic was alot higher. so looks like iceman is the oldest still active

Al35ul

yes agree ice was 78 to join, cringe was 347, plugger was 446, cant find plugger or neo but i was 6375 and vic was alot higher. so looks like iceman is the oldest still active
Indeed :). Realm was 41st to join, even before iceman, but most likely on the same day :p. RD was 544th and there was also phonebook at 632nd (he was in the game until about a year ago if I remember right)

Victor Kruger

Definitely as Vic it was much later ..Both this Toon, Neo and many others came from W10 to there.

My original was around week 1 or 2 i guess looking at the timings but deleted within a few months cos RL too got busy before restarting again that xmas...

delldell56

Ice still plays on Arizona (although it seems he's quitting). Told me he was 35 to join Beta. Cringe (the very first player to make it to the .net Hall of Fame at Lvl99, Ice was second) also is on Arizona, not sure how active he is because unlike Ice, he's not among top players there. Plugger plays Colorado and Arizona (left W1 on the very last day); Prijavihari (2114) is active; iba (2732) too and so is Horrorhouse (3044). Think those are the latest original players still active that joined the game before you did, boot. There are other very old toons who joined in the first weeks that are active across worlds. By the time of W1 closure Plugger, simosthegoner, crimsondeath, Daniel L. Price, Morgan Caine, blackirsh101, qfish, Claiborne, clau, Nicolias, spankymagicpiano, Dudder, Runen, irppu, kilted-scotman and possibly a very inactive iba (in that world) were there. I haven't seen NEO, derek1982 or RoD for at least a decade, although NEO returned briefly sometime around 2011 or 2012, and OAN was trying to keep his W1 alive by login on every once in a while (his latest on February 2021). I believe Vic posted a list containing the top players of W1 on its last day, showing Col Mortimer and Miss ELKO as 1 & 2; it missed Toecutter, who had left the world to Idaho a little after closure was announced but he was #6, and huldubuldu who used to be right before me a month earlier when he left to Fairbank.

*Edited to add a few of the lower digit players who for some inexcusable reason I left out, ooops. Didn't mention some others like Dranged, gtoadie, DeathDealer, Utah Ranger, jonathanlogan, HelenBack, Victor Kruger, J-Hag, etc. because we all have a registration number over a million, but they were actively playing W1 until closure.

Last edited:

Al35ul

Ice still plays on Arizona (although it seems he's quitting). Told me he was 35 to join Beta. Cringe (the very first player to make it to the .net Hall of Fame at Lvl99, Ice was second) also is on Arizona, not sure how active he is because unlike Ice, he's not among top players there. Plugger plays Colorado and Arizona (left W1 on the very last day); Prijavihari (2114) is active; iba (2732) too and so is Horrorhouse (3044). Think those are the latest original players still active that joined the game before you did, boot. There are other very old toons who joined in the first weeks that are active across worlds. By the time of W1 closure Plugger, simosthegoner, crimsondeath, Daniel L. Price, Morgan Caine, blackirsh101, qfish, Claiborne, clau, Nicolias and possibly a very inactive iba (in that world) were there. I haven't seen NEO, derek1982 or RoD for at least a decade, although NEO returned briefly sometime around 2011 or 2012, and OAN was trying to keep his W1 alive by login on every once in a while (his latest on February 2021). I believe Vic posted a list containing the top players of W1 on its last day, showing Col Mortimer and Miss ELKO as 1 & 2; it missed Toecutter, who had left the world to Idaho a little after closure was announced but he was #6, and huldubuldu who used to be right before me a month earlier when he left to Fairbank.
Yes, very accurate :). I share a town with Cringe and Horrorhouse on Arizona - they both have the green dots :). Neo came back to the game for a short while on Arizona (I believe in 2019 or so) but left soon after :(.

Also, does anyone know where Col Mortimer migrated to? I've been checking all worlds, but couldn't find him...hope he managed to migrate.

delldell56

Yes, very accurate :). I share a town with Cringe and Horrorhouse on Arizona - they both have the green dots :). Neo came back to the game for a short while on Arizona (I believe in 2019 or so) but left soon after :(.

Also, does anyone know where Col Mortimer migrated to? I've been checking all worlds, but couldn't find him...hope he managed to migrate.
W1 Col moved to Briscoe (in a town with Utah Ranger and Angelina Jolie -not that one LOL, and somebody else), but also plays Fairbank :up:. Great to know both Cringe and Horror are green! Oly (do you remember Olympos?) and kilted-scotman play several worlds, and BrutusAco is on Briscoe. As far as I know, Daniel left his toon die with the world and not sure about Morgan (who is still somewhere else). Also, do you remember Ugly duckling? He plays on and off as Myestro.

Last edited:

Al35ul

W1 Col moved to Briscoe
Thank you - I checked Briscoe but I must have missed him :D!

Oly (do you remember Olympos?) and kilted-scotman play several worlds, and BrutusAco is on Briscoe. As far as I know, Daniel left his toon die with the world and not sure about Morgan (who is still somewhere else). Also, do you remember Ugly duckling? He plays on and off as Myestro.
Yes, Oly is also on Arizona and a few other worlds. Brutus too! Daniel is also on Arizona, but I think that is his original Arizona account.

Snr Sarg

*Edited to add a few of the lower digit players who for some inexcusable reason I left out, ooops. Didn't mention some others like Dranged, gtoadie, DeathDealer, Utah Ranger, jonathanlogan, HelenBack, Victor Kruger, J-Hag, etc. because we all have a registration number over a million, but they were actively playing W1 until closure.

Where do you get this registration number from?