World closure

Laural

I don't want ANY more world closings!!!! It is totally wrecking the morale everywhere. No one knows when the axe will fall on their world/toon/home. Why bother to play at all. Time really does have recovery in it's basket. You can't just toss us around like ping pong balls and expect us to play the game.
Give it a REST all you FF or bust people. There are others playing really, just not 24/7.
...There are tons of players who NEVER fort fight at all. What is all the rest of the 'stuff' there in the game for? Why not just scrap The West and put up a FF only game and be done? Shoot ...a world gets quiet and the FF gang moves on to a new world, over and over and over and it is just ridiculous. Just to claim and build new forts and wear new fancy calibrated to the 'enth gear. ARRRGH

Last edited:

RaiderTr

To be fair they are actually too late with world closure and/or migrations on .Net

Should have happened years ago, and at least once a year, like some of other markets.

So this is why it feels "too fast" to you.
But it's not Nyborg's fault.

Last edited:

Thanatoss

Saying close x world is different than saying open migrations.

I believe when a new world opens the two least populated worlds should merge and allow migration for those that have toons on both worlds. This way the number of worlds stays around the same and playerbase is bigger in each world.

I know some people have toons on every world but those are exceptions since not everyone plays the west full time job.

DeletedUser15368

I don't want ANY more world closings!
Most of us aren't specifically asking for more world closings, but I think half of them should be, because the former award winning PvP aspects of the game doesn't function properly with such a diminished and spread-out player-base.
We have no influence over this, it's to do with cost of running a world vs nuggets bought there, so it seems to me that a handful of berry pickers could technically keep a world open, to the frustration of PvP players who want to migrate.

All I see are people asking to move to worlds that they can actually play fort fights on - the part of the game that they enjoy. Inno think that migration = world closing, but it doesn't have to. If you're happy spending enough nuggets to keep a world open, while playing with <300 people with no fort battle and no duels and no crafting and no chatting, then that's on you.
Fort fighters moving out of your berry picking world will not effect your questing gameplay in any way.

Now with all that being said, there's very little point migrating to a good PvP world when forts are broken...

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker Alice

It is totally wrecking the morale everywhere. No one knows when the axe will fall on their world/toon/home.... There are others playing really, just not 24/7.
I feel the same way. People behind the keyboard should be able to play this game the way they want without any hostility directed towards them. If they wish to causally play and advance with their crafting skills for example without a focus on playing around with forts that's their choice. Why must anyone be put down?

"Those "berry pickers" who want to play like it was farmville should find another game to play" - not a direct quote but it is the kind of an example of what we read both on the forum and in-game.

However I'm wondering if changing to another territory (a world) will not change a thing for you other than perhaps a statistical rank? Maybe some different towns on the map but it is the same game regardless of where you go. So maybe merging on the wagon train and moving to a new place wouldn't be so bad afterall?

Most of us aren't specifically asking for more world closings, but I think half of them should be, because the former award winning PvP aspects of the game doesn't function properly with such a diminished and spread-out player-base.
We have no influence over this, it's to do with cost of running a world vs nuggets bought there, so it seems to me that a handful of berry pickers could technically keep a world open, to the frustration of PvP players who want to migrate.

All I see are people asking to move to worlds that they can actually play fort fights on - the part of the game that they enjoy. Inno think that migration = world closing, but it doesn't have to. If you're happy spending enough nuggets to keep a world open, while playing with <300 people with no fort battle and no duels and no crafting and no chatting, then that's on you.
Fort fighters moving out of your berry picking world will not effect your questing gameplay in any way.

Now with all that being said, there's very little point migrating to a good PvP world when forts are broken...
I look forward to reading your posts because I think you have a good concept of how the game functions. You can see what could be changed to improve how the game functions. Where I disagree with you on this post is how you view other players game strategy. I wish you would try to adjust that viewpoint. It would only make what you write more appealing to wider range of players.

The west is free game where real money can be spent for advantages to game play. If software was sold to game players then that wouldn't be the case. No one is obligated to use nuggets or buy nuggets to maintain a world. Sure we can say what we think might look like a "battle world" or what might look like a "berry picking world" but in reality it is player interaction or lack of it that can effect game play the most? I do agree with your logic that increasing population might make it more advantageous for every player.

Every player I suppose just needs to live with all the different playing styles without discrimination.

DeletedUser15368

"Those "berry pickers" who want to play like it was farmville should find another game to play" - not a direct quote but it is the kind of an example of what we read both on the forum and in-game.
Yeah this is overly-hostile, I've long been asking for a world with duels disabled, to cater to that section of the player-base.

The west is free game where real money can be spent for advantages to game play. If software was sold to game players then that wouldn't be the case. No one is obligated to use nuggets or buy nuggets to maintain a world. Sure we can say what we think might look like a "battle world" or what might look like a "berry picking world" but in reality it is player interaction or lack of it that can effect game play the most? I do agree with your logic that increasing population might make it more advantageous for every player.
Absolutely no one is obligated to buy premium, but Nyborg has told is that a world being open or not is partially determined by the run cost : profitability ratio.
And world closure-ish
Is a lot of stuff in comparison. But mostly it is about active accounts of course, and then if it money-wise "Run-cost" is not good, that is another thing.
Hence Galvaston and Houston will be the next in line to be looked at. When all this world 1 stuff is over.

And my point is that the PvP aspects of the game generates almost all of the money for InnoGames.
It's in our gameplay interests and their financial interests to have high population worlds with healthy, competitive, PvP.
I read all the time about how players on "dead" worlds can't even complete quests, because there aren't enough players around to craft stuff for them.

Every player I suppose just needs to live with all the different playing styles without discrimination.
I agree, we all depend on each other, the main content in this game are the other players.
It's just a shame that so much content is sitting on vacation mode on worlds that they can't play on.

Victor Kruger

Well the fat lady has started her finale concert and singing away.

Very sad to see the final closure of W1, it finally marks the end of an era of when the west was truly wild on the early worlds and those players were truly this games pioneers.

I salute one and all who have at any point played or started their game there, it has been a privilege to stand with, duel, annoy, help, infuriate, lead, irritate and most of all laugh with all, over countless times and more than a decade. It has seen literally children grown to adulthood, others mature like a fine wine and some of us edge closer to our sell by or best before date.. :-D

As to closures, migration and battles

Migration will always be heart rending for many, relief for others and always contentious of what world, excuses, economics and why...

Closures are always hard for those affected, many of us have been through it,some over and over and for me it never gets easier.
I will simply say once again its turning out to be emotional. :hmf:

Lets be honest for W1 nearly 13 years is a damned fine run for any online game,let alone an original world.. it has outlasted and seen the end of all the numbered worlds 2 through 12. Its fitting W1 should be the last to turn the lights out on that era.

People here talk about FF like they should always be full to have good fun, complain over multis and bemoan worlds getting quiet. FF are of course broke but can be fun and imo dont have to be rammed full to be good , they dont have to be half full in fact with only a few they can be enormous fun, If not then maybe your taking an already broken FF theatre way too seriously and doing something wrong. Probably wasting too much cash too :'P

W1 we have had battles with around a dozen a side past 6 mths or so since i came back from Vac. Thats still nearly 20% of the world who also arnt about FF and are "berry pickers".. turns out those players also like to have fun too and FF sometimes IF encouraged and welcomed and I appreciate every single one that bothers whenever they do...Today W1 has a classic original shop gear only battle later,no buffs no sets...just old fashioned shop stuff, precise Winchester plus sharp tomahawk kind of stuff,purely for nostalgia and it will be fun and probably go the distance... we used to have naked battles, rock throwing battle partys and crap cupid or easter bunny set battles they were always FULL and fun , it took organisation, some effort but great fun was had, ask any who went. Could not do that on busy worlds anymore.

In short,make the best of whats around you, be fun and positive and remember this game wont last forever whatever world your on,so make hay while the sun is still shining.

After ive collected a few last bounties and a couple more fun battles on W1 I will be saddling my horse, packing the wagon and heading off to another not so busy world where I hear FF are also few and berry pickers are many... Chance to burn some new forts down shoot some new faces and catch up with old friends, sounds good to me. Might even be able to make a difference, we shall see. :boone:

I came to realise a long time ago fun is where YOU find it and its upto no one else. Make the most of things and do what you can to enjoy whats possible because one day opportunity will be gone, same goes for life tbh.

Hr.Nyborg

Im impressed, Its obvious you have had a decent amount of time as a player, understanding and care.Really thats what the game needed as a CM years ago, DT was cool but your definitely the most pro active and communicative since Hellstromm and thats the key imo, communication and engagement. :up: to you bud.

See you on the flip side and lulu,get your lvl 4 ass to battle.

Last edited:

Poker Alice

Thanks for the tip @lulumcnoob if there is a new world created and I decide I want to be a serious crafter I'll be sure to buy lots of any crafted goods I might need for years to come early on in the game. I wonder what is in the minds of corporate and if profitability means operational costs or actual profit? I suspect the costs involved lies primarily with having paid employees or jobbed out maintenance coders and developers. This is none of my business but yes in any event we do understand money is needed and players do want to spend their money. It is win win.

Heck man, I like playing the west as a worker berry picking, building, crafting and addicted gamer and can deal with the competitiveness of dueling. What I meant by hostility really only revolves around player interaction. Words like "berry picker" really aren't all that important anyway I guess. If some low life disgusting outlaw wants to rob and steal the money from a powerless nun well that's their decision. My only request is the player understands my words are directed to their cartoon character and not to them personally. :lovetw:

Poker Alice

Well the fat lady has started her finale concert and singing away.

Very sad to see the final closure of W1, it finally marks the end of an era of when the west was truly wild on the early worlds and those players were truly this games pioneers.

I salute one and all who have at any point played or started their game there, it has been a privilege to stand with, duel, annoy, help, infuriate, lead, irritate and most of all laugh with all, over countless times and more than a decade. It has seen literally children grown to adulthood, others mature like a fine wine and some of us edge closer to our sell by or best before date.. :-D

As to closures, migration and battles

Migration will always be heart rending for many, relief for others and always contentious of what world, excuses, economics and why...

Closures are always hard for those affected, many of us have been through it,some over and over and for me it never gets easier.
I will simply say once again its turning out to be emotional. :hmf:

Lets be honest for W1 nearly 13 years is a damned fine run for any online game,let alone an original world.. it has outlasted and seen the end of all the numbered worlds 2 through 12. Its fitting W1 should be the last to turn the lights out on that era.

People here talk about FF like they should always be full to have good fun, complain over multis and bemoan worlds getting quiet. FF are of course broke but can be fun and imo dont have to be rammed full to be good , they dont have to be half full in fact with only a few they can be enormous fun, If not then maybe your taking an already broken FF theatre way too seriously and doing something wrong. Probably wasting too much cash too :'P

W1 we have had battles with around a dozen a side past 6 mths or so since i came back from Vac. Thats still nearly 20% of the world who also arnt about FF and are "berry pickers".. turns out those players also like to have fun too and FF sometimes IF encouraged and welcomed and I appreciate every single one that bothers whenever they do...Today W1 has a classic original shop gear only battle later,no buffs no sets...just old fashioned shop stuff, precise Winchester plus sharp tomahawk kind of stuff,purely for nostalgia and it will be fun and probably go the distance... we used to have naked battles, rock throwing battle partys and crap cupid or easter bunny set battles they were always FULL and fun , it took organisation, some effort but great fun was had, ask any who went. Could not do that on busy worlds anymore.

In short,make the best of whats around you, be fun and positive and remember this game wont last forever whatever world your on,so make hay while the sun is still shining.

After ive collected a few last bounties and a couple more fun battles on W1 I will be saddling my horse, packing the wagon and heading off to another not so busy world where I hear FF are also few and berry pickers are many... Chance to burn some new forts down shoot some new faces and catch up with old friends, sounds good to me. Might even be able to make a difference, we shall see. :boone:

I came to realise a long time ago fun is where YOU find it and its upto no one else. Make the most of things and do what you can to enjoy whats possible because one day opportunity will be gone, same goes for life tbh.

Hr.Nyborg

Im impressed, Its obvious you have had a decent amount of time as a player, understanding and care.Really thats what the game needed as a CM years ago, DT was cool but your definitely the most pro active and communicative since Hellstromm and thats the key imo, communication and engagement. :up: to you bud.

See you on the flip side and lulu,get your lvl 4 ass to battle.
amen

Victor Kruger

BTW I assume as long as you have hit migrate button say on Sunday 8th just before your server time clicks over to the 9th your all good right ?

I know theres a few of us willing to take it to the wire say a few mins just before 23:58 on Sunday the 8th etc. Id just like to be sure if anyone asks me rather than maroon their toon by accident or mine for that matter.:cooln:

It never hurts to check these things becuase in life ive found assumption to be the mother of most F*** ups. :roll:

Kidd Kalypso

BTW I assume as long as you have hit migrate button say on Sunday 8th just before your server time clicks over to the 9th your all good right ?

I know theres a few of us willing to take it to the wire say a few mins just before 23:58 on Sunday the 8th etc. Id just like to be sure if anyone asks me rather than maroon their toon by accident or mine for that matter.:cooln:

It never hurts to check these things becuase in life ive found assumption to be the mother of most F*** ups. :roll:
Assuming in this game is one of the 7 deadly sins imo. Good luck to all from w1, no matter which world y'all xfer to.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

Even if you do not manage to migrate, you can still contact us through support and we can manually migrate to one of the destination worlds. The closing will happen during the day.

Sure, the closing will happen as planned.

star4freedom

I would rather not lose my W1 character :-(

I am in all worlds too except Kansas.
Can Kansas be added to the migration options?

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
I would rather not lose my W1 character :-(

I am in all worlds too except Kansas.
Can Kansas be added to the migration options?
I am really sorry, but Kansas is our newest world, it would create an imbalance if we would allow migration there from our oldest world. But you have the possibility to transfer at least your premium and very unique items to a word to where the migration is open. For more information please check out this article: I have characters on all potential worlds to where I could move. What can I do?, and please contact us if you have such items.

Laural

Even if you do not manage to migrate, you can still contact us through support and we can manually migrate to one of the destination worlds. The closing will happen during the day.

Sure, the closing will happen as planned.
Syntex, this is soooo good to hear! I know of one W1 player that is talking via support ticket now about her inability to get her character outa Dodge...er World 1. and it is almost the witching hour. Nice to see the red CM title under your name too, whether its permanent or temporary.

Reyne

All I see are people asking to move to worlds that they can actually play fort fights on - the part of the game that th,ey enjoy. Inno think that migration = world closing, but it doesn't have to. If you're happy spending enough nuggets to keep a world open, while playing with <300 people with no fort battle and no duels and no crafting and no chatting, then that's on you.

Now, hold on just a dog-gone minute. Here is one berry picker (and I'm not alone) who enjoys fort fights, dueling to a much lesser extent, and basically everything Inno has to offer (with the single exclusion of Adventures), but not to the exclusion of all else. It seems that some (not all) folks aren't happy unless it's all or nothing regarding fort fighting. And that is what has turned off a lot of people to that aspect of the game.. I enjoy it tremendously. But if I'm bullied or guilted into a battle every day, I won't go. Because, don't forget, I need time to pick those berries to craft those buffs and items y'all need for quests. Can't we all get along?:-))