World closure

RaiderTr

Hehe well what I mean is what kind of a World you are after.

I can suggest you many quiet, dead ones :'P

Nisa

And if you have a character on a world you would like to migrate to, i can delete it instantly, but this action can not be reverted. But it could speed up the transfer time.
You may want to think again about this. It may cause you some problems.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
I will need to make a list of all the worlds, and see what worlds have the same setup. When that is done. I might look into this migration stuff.
But it will mostly only happen after world 1 is closed.

DeletedUser15368

Wow, in a few short months, Nyborg has tried harder for this community than the last 2 guys combined.

I'll try to be neutral about this, unlike the over-salted beef up there with personal attacks, might be something to do with why he has no friends in the game, and the self-defeating admission that everyone was pro-migration out of Idaho, but I digress.

I will admit, allowing one player to migrate, and only one player, isn't fair. I'm still waiting to migrate out of Idaho to literally anywhere else with a more mature playerbase - should I just send a ticket about how certain players selfishly ruined many players' gameplay experience on Idaho and ultimately caused us to stop playing there, or do I just wait for the floodgates to open?
Moving into the ancient Colorado from a "full premium world" is absolutely fine imo, the players there will have more quest skill points than a nugget muncher on a new world can buy - I'm delighted someone finally had the common sense to allow that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15368

also, I am not friends with any of the players from Idaho...I could care less really. I actually have max 5 friends on this game and they are all playing on Colorado.
so please stop telling me i have no friends or whatever people told you before on the internet
Okay I will ignore what you wrote.

is it a coincidence every single person that replied to me in this topic is part of raider's rest, a town where you are all in? raider, lulu, jordy, vampyr... not joe kidd
I wouldn't call it a coincidence, no, we are obviously talking about it, and I'm proud of us putting together such an active core of players (composed of idaho refugees, mostly). Also happens to be the same group of players that post in every thread, for what it's worth.
what's funnier is that i was a black hat in your town way before any of you were even there :lol:
Irrelevant to this discussion, but you sure about that? :p

HelenBack

@Hr.Nyborg

I just logged on and saw the "World 1 Closing" pop up on ALL worlds. THANK YOU!

I really really hate that World 1 is closing... However, I really do appreciate the amount of support and communication you have given us while we go through the process.

At lease we have (hopefully) reached as many people as we could to let them know World 1 is closing... I know there was a link on the main page about the closing... And the forum has been going on for a while... But there is nothing more "in your face" than logging on and getting that message. Yes they can skip it and hit "Mark as Read", but at least it was tried and it's now on the player to decide what to do.

Everyone, if you do know of someone who is away and have any means of contacting them, please do try to reach them.

Again, @Hr.Nyborg , THANK YOU for your support.
:-)) :cooln:

To those fleeing World 1... We had an awesome time there. It's sad to leave a world with so much history... But, let's try to get together on the other worlds and restore the community we had in W1. It may not quite be to the same degree as what we had on W1, but at least we can try.

:lovetw:

Pankreas PorFavor

moving people from full prem to non-full prem. Previously this has been a big no-no. Personally I don't think there are that many players left that spent loads on buying SP/AP so it shouldn't be a noticable problem. But I can also understand why it hasn't been allowed before.

I wrote about it recently under a different topic. Let me c/p:
"Buy skill points allows you to purchase skill or attributes points for a base cost of 18 nuggets per skill point and 54 nuggets per attribute point. Every time you purchase a point the price for the next point increases by 18 for a skill point and 54 for an attribute point."
18+36+54+72......
80 eur = 4000 nuggets = 20 skill points and you still have a few nuggets left
for 100 euros you can buy 4760 nuggets = 22 skill points

You can do the rest of the math, I'm sure. SP/AP purchase makes no real difference when you compare worlds, IMO.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Hi all.

As i said in the beginning of my time being Manager. I will have no favors or favorite person that i will treat special.
When that it said, for an unlucky ****-up Colorado apparently is NOT a full premium world, as the only single world on this marked.

that is why i thought i could make a migration without messing stuff up. BUT of course i would make this stupid mistake.
NOW... All other worlds have the same "Premium" options, so a migration from one world to another would in my view not be a problem.

The only thing i might do is letting one world at a time migrate, as to not overload the system. Next up is the case of accounts on the world you might want to migrate to. You can delete your character yourself and wait for that. But if this should be going a bit faster than all worlds needs to wait x amount of time, before players can migrate, i/we do have the possibility to "one-click" delete a player from a world. BUT this is a one time thing, no regrets when this is done.
So absolutely 100% positive of this would be needed.

Lastly, thank you all for your comments, both positive and negative. I am still learning, i know i have said this since the beginning, but if anything, i am no lesser, than admitting when i mistake has been made. Hopefully by christmas 2034 i will be flawless and we will play The West 3.14 :-D

DeletedUser15368

When that it said, for an unlucky ****-up Colorado apparently is NOT a full premium world, as the only single world on this marked.
It might be a misplay from management's perspective, but they don't really understand the game and the fact that buying skill points haven't been relevant since 2014.

If skill point buying is the ONLY reason for blocking migrations into the good PvP world, then I implore you to reassess this policy with a 2021 perspective. Ask whomever is responsible for these decisions to wear a 2021 set and then compare the cost of that to the cost of an equivalent number of purchased points, and then hope they are as graceful in admitting a mistake as you are.

"Buy skill points allows you to purchase skill or attributes points for a base cost of 18 nuggets per skill point and 54 nuggets per attribute point. Every time you purchase a point the price for the next point increases by 18 for a skill point and 54 for an attribute point."
18+36+54+72......

You can do the rest of the math, I'm sure. SP/AP purchase makes no real difference when you compare worlds, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

I wrote about it recently under a different topic. Let me c/p:
18+36+54+72......

Meanwhile Colorado has people with 200 something Sp/Ap that came from quests :roll:

Pankreas PorFavor

If skill point buying is the ONLY reason for blocking migrations into the good PvP world, then I implore you to reassess this policy with a 2021 perspective.

exactly. in the end, Inno knows who bought SP/APs, and who did not (that's how they determine their price).
and is the migration then blocked because they could have bought points, or because they did buy them?

DeletedUser15368

exactly. in the end, Inno knows who bought SP/APs, and who did not (that's how they determine their price).
and is the migration then blocked because they could have bought points, or because they did buy them?
Indeed, the specific player that we are talking about apparently did not. And neither have I :-D

RaiderTr

Easy to check this when it's not hundreds of people.

I hope Nyborg will be able to change this obsolete and absurd rule.