World closure

RaiderTr

Every world has a difference characteristics and people behaviors with various activeness/active player numbers .

So yea there is good or bad (or relatively bad) options like in everything :'P

If that's what u asking

NightStalker73au

Every world has a difference characteristics and people behaviors with various activeness/active player numbers .

So yea there is good or bad (or relatively bad) options like in everything :'P

If that's what u asking
Which world would be better for someone who mainly just logs in right now to do jobs and then log out.

RaiderTr

Well, technically one can do both on every world, lol.

But.. if there will be a 3rd or even 4th thing..
Then should look for active ones, and that's either Kansas, until the next "new" one comes in 3-4 months, or Colorado that survived the 10 years better than any other.

NightStalker73au

Well, technically one can do both on every world, lol.

But.. if there will be a 3rd or even 4th thing..
Then should look for active ones, and that's either Kansas, until the next "new" one comes in 3-4 months, or Colorado that survived the 10 years better than any other.
Thanks for that..as I said would rather not lose the character..

RaiderTr

Yea like me and my friends did by choosing the misleading "Recommended" world of Idaho when it was the newest.

Our most invested characters are stuck there 'forever'

Deadeye Jerry

+1
colorado are one active world and can be a good option for those are active on world1
why not add world colorado for that list CM , inno admin stuffs ? :/
Because colorado is non prem world which means you can't buy skills unlike the rest, probably w1 was prem and that seems like the only logical reason why they won't allow migration to colorado.

HelenBack

Could we please be told which world(s) are scheduled to be closed before we are forced to decide where to migrate our W1 toons?

My W1 toon is actually my W10 toon... Which I moved to the original world because it sounded like it would "never close" since it was the First world. A lot of history here....

So this toon has already migrated from W10 to W1... Now being forced to migrate again. Out of all my worlds, I think my Dakota toon is my "weakest" one. So I will likely migrate there. If Dakota winds up closing... I'm gonna be ticked!!!!! :boone:

So please... We need to know so we can make the best decision for our ancient toons.

Or just keep W1 open and allow people to migrate to W1. :'P:cooln:

delldell56

if all w1 players started buying and spending nuggets, it indeed would never close.
I disagree. World 11 and World 12 were the standard nugget paradise for at least half of the 13 years of The West, because they were home for hardcore fort fighters (Colorado was just an accesory fort fighting world to them), and they both are dead.

RaiderTr

Well I hope you will have good time but I'm in vacation mode there still

Last edited:

HelenBack

World 1 will close its doors completely during the day on 9th. August 2021 and login will not be possible thereafter.

Could you please confirm how long it will take for a toon on our target world will take to delete before we can migrate our W1 toon to the "new" world? That's if they have the same name. If I remember correctly, you can migrate a toon to another world right after you hit "delete" there as long as they aren't the same name.

Also, we still need to know which world(s) may possibly close in the future... Or we'll just have to go thru all of this again... :hmf:

Thanks....

BTW... WE STILL WANNA STAY IN W1!!!! :-(

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
So you are taking about if you have 1 character, for all the worlds, how that would work ?
I will try to find out.

And in my view, the "lowest" player worlds, is Galvaston and Houston, so yes, it might be a good idea to stay away from them.
I can just remove the migration to those worlds. Then you are safe from mistakes :)

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
So you are taking about if you have 1 character, for all the worlds, how that would work ?
I will try to find out.

And in my view, the "lowest" player worlds, is Galvaston and Houston, so yes, it might be a good idea to stay away from them.
I can just remove the migration to those worlds. Then you are safe from mistakes :)

Remove Idaho too then: below 600 players, dead market, lack of attendance with PvP aspects. Probably a bigger mistake to migrate to Idaho than Galveston & Houston friend.

NovaStar

However Idaho is still active with ff's nearly every day.

I realize there are a few of you that have your personal dislikes for Idaho and you "invested" so much and feel you are "stuck" there...but you are outnumbered by many that DO like it. Also, it is still a young world with potential still. It deserves the opportunity to TRY to make it a little longer before you are ready to bury it.

Why don't you instead try to get an "individual" migration (for a price maybe) since you are sooo very unhappy there rather than continuing the campaign of getting it closed down due to your personal dissatisfaction?

Besides, there are already some from W1 that have decided to set for Idaho. That should help...

Last edited:

RaiderTr

in my view, the "lowest" player worlds, is Galvaston and Houston
Interesting.
Thought it was Briscoe and Dakota before any other

I realize there are a few of you that have your personal dislikes for Idaho and you "invested" so much and feel you are "stuck" there...but you are outnumbered by many that DO like it.
Outnumbered by many?
Not sure how you reach to that conclusion.

Majority has left the server (and some even the game) , not the minority lol

It deserves the opportunity to TRY to make it a little longer before you are ready to bury it.
Seriously?

How many more hundred times it has to be tried to finally accept that it's another epic failures of Inno?

I mean I don't really care at this point but I'm sick of this false propaganda.

Philopoimen

It is really annoying to hear this Idaho bashing again here in forum. First of all, Idaho is still an active world with lots of people having fun there. Yes, Idaho has suffered, mostly fort fights. The reason for that being people who are constantly spreading lies about Idaho for one and a halve years now, while at the same time recruiting for Colorado, in the misleaded hope they get their nugget powered toons from Idaho to Colorado. So the same people complaining here about their toons stuck on Idaho are the same responsible for its current state. Bravo, Sherlock's, if you feel trapped on Idaho its your own doing.

Despite that there are lots of people on Idaho who are keeping it alive. There are fort fights on most days. Lots of people crafting and trading, at least in our alliance New Freedom.

Concerning Colorado, I have a toon there too. Yes, lots of fort fighters there. But often they dig medium and small forts there, which are vastly overfilling, even during event. Good chance you miss a lot of them.