World closure

RaiderTr

I think Nyborg had made Server announcement popups so enough number of people actually seen about polls.

But many ignored/didn't care so what can you do.
I think, you are able to send in-game Mass Telegram too?
As "Henry" maybe idk :'P

I mean a lot of ppl basically closes Server announcements right away and I think you didn't write about them on home page (www.the-west.net) too

Poker Alice

Yes, from the game it self, it is highly recommended to read this official forum.
You do not have to write anything, just read it.

We can post many thing in-game but the bigger talks will happen in this forum. So if you do not read here, than you are on your own, for changes being made that you do not know about.

Apart from any new world being opened. I have no news of that yet, and i will do everything in my power to NOT have a world open.
I'll ask you to please reconsider the idea over new worlds being opened. I agree with
hehe, why...i love myself a new world
although i'd love to see some worlds closed

instead of not opening a new world, you guys should open a non-enhanced premium world. No buying of SP/AP or instant energy refill/job completion. like colorado

Can we keep in mind that there are plenty of players who like new worlds and do play in them. The number of players in any new world demonstrates this? Not everyone writes into or reads the forum but will join a new world once released. Its been really good to see so many new faces and reading all the different viewpoints on the forum lately. Perhaps someone would clarify again what SP/AP is as I may not be paying attention that much to the details of how these worlds are slightly different, sorry.

I've really enjoyed playing in the new road runner world even though it was designed to close. Maybe any world under 10,000 players could be eventually closed too?

Beefmeister

@Poker Alice I have nothing against new worlds, despite the popular opinion on this forum. Even for me a new, fresh start sometimes helps because this game is very boring at high levels...I enjoy new worlds.

Imo, the reason why people don't want a new world is because it is a cash grab from Inno and it always messes up the stability of the previous opened world. (A vicious cycle for years now).
In the 3 years of playing this game, I saw 3 worlds die because of bad politics and the players always prefer to turn to a new one only for it to fail like the previous one. (see, humans aren't all that smart)

The idea with Colorado is that you can't buy skill points or attribute points, refill instant energy, get products for nuggets and a series of other things. The game had only full premium worlds opened in almost 10 years so maybe it's time to give up on that, with the newest L world.

At the moment no world has 10k players...I don't even know if there are 10k players playing on .net (surely not) :-D

DeletedUser15368

The number of players in any new world demonstrates this?
I agree with you, I too used to greatly anticipate a new world and fresh start, but now that we have a player base that can only sustain a couple of worlds, what happens to that high player count when the next world opens, and half of the players switch to the new one?
Instantly dead world.

Perhaps someone would clarify again what SP/AP is as I may not be paying attention that much to the details of how these worlds are slightly different, sorry
Skill points and Attribute points. Way back in the good old days, you used to be able to buy skill points and attribute points. You still can, just they aren't worth anything in the ages of 3000 sp tombola sets. Only 2 worlds have never had the option to buy SP/AP (W1 and Colorado), which made them both the most fair worlds and the most popular.

I've really enjoyed playing in the new road runner world even though it was designed to close
How would you feel about a permanent speed world, that re-sets every 6 months/1 year, instead of a new world?

Maybe any world under 10,000 players could be eventually closed too?
If you mean 10000 active players, you are about 10 years too late. 10000 total accounts aren't a great measure either, because they might have already quit and might never contribute to the player experience or spend money on the game again.

Colorado has 1736 active players (out of 23516 total accounts) as I write this, but that includes hundreds of level 1-10 accounts too.

Juarez has the highest number of total accounts (34427) and 957 of them are still active.
And Idaho with the 2nd highest number of total accounts (28952) now have LESS THAN 600 active accounts, meaning over 28k accounts do not play there anymore vs 600 that do. Naturally there is player-leak over time in all games, but this is an extreme.

Check out for yourself what happens to Kansas (which has already got over 20k inactive accounts) if World L opens.
We just seem to have a major issue with player retention, and that seems obvious to anyone who plays the formerly award winning PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
And Idaho with the highest number of total accounts (28952) now have LESS THAN 600 active accounts, meaning over 28k accounts do not play there anymore vs 600 that do. Naturally there is player-leak over time in all games, but this is an extreme.

So Idaho literally lost close to 98% of its original playerbase. A great argument for allowing migration indeed @Hr.Nyborg ! :up:

RaiderTr

If they could somehow improve/remove the torturing Tutorial and stuff after a decade..
And if there was another way than click clack click spam to Level up..
Guess I could like a restart as well.

But then there is DotD money grab scam that kills the balance before it even starts and all.

Also 1 world is more than enough for a player

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

So Idaho literally lost close to 98% of its original playerbase. A great argument for allowing migration indeed @Hr.Nyborg ! :up:
Aye and Colorado has lost like 7x it's playerbase. Still the best world :boone:

Also 1 world is more than enough..
1 world could be chaos with the timezones imo, Ideally we could self-organise and have a Euro prime time world and a North American prime time world.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
This is a bit off topic. But never the less, here is "my" view of the worlds Screenshot_1.png

And world closure-ish
Is a lot of stuff in comparison. But mostly it is about active accounts of course, and then if it money-wise "Run-cost" is not good, that is another thing.
Hence Galvaston and Houston will be the next in line to be looked at. When all this world 1 stuff is over.

DeletedUser15368

This is a bit off topic. But never the less, here is "my" view of the worlds
We get the same information using This page and the in-game rankings, it's good to see all those numbers are accurate.
It also shows that potentially 20-30k players could be playing... but aren't.

RaiderTr

Thanks for all the honesty and transparency.

Btw I see Galveston isn't signable (can't make a toon), is that new?

Last edited:

Poker Alice

@Hr.Nyborg thanks for the info picture. The numbers in brackets refer to active players? Like roadrunner has a very good ratio 262 to 255. That means 255 players are actively playing. What constitutes an active player I wonder? I thought after 30 days of not logging in a player becomes inactive and deleted from the game? Not true? Sorry about the confusion. If they become inactive the player count could be updated though I understand not all data bases work that way.

@lulumcnoob I like playing new worlds. I thought a speed world was a new world so yeah that's cool though if the decision to create any kind of world would be good for me too. I feel once the players reach max level the game, I don't know kind of changes in a way though it can still be played and enjoyed but so many ghost towns left on the map hummm, I don't know leaves me feeling restless. Like to comment more later if it is okay. I'm off right now to die in a fort battle.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Your welcome. And yes, i can not see why this info should not be shared.

So as you write, the numbers in ( ) is the "total" amount of players on the world. Players goes to inaktive status after 2 weeks. and will be deleted completely after 1 or 2 years i think.

And galvaston is not signable, since it has such a low active player base. And if that world is the next one to close, it will make the work easier later on, to not have so many players migrating.

RaiderTr

First you become red after a week and then it takes few months (3?) for the character to be deleted from the server and ranks (unless in vacation mode) but still can be recovered until 1 year is completed.

Otherwise it's perma deleted and can't be recovered anymore.

It was written somewhere :-D

Last edited:

NovaStar

So, since there are about 4 worlds (5?) ahead of Idaho if you go by the active accounts to be looked at for migration,... it could be awhile. In the meantime, could we do a "gofundme" account to buy Jordy's passage for escape to Colorado? He offered to pay...hell, I would chip in also. He would be happier, Idaho would be happier and everyone here would be happier to not have 4-5 more pages with this rant about Idaho.

In all seriousness though, I do find it sad that if a person is sooo very unhappy with a world they are in for over a year, yet they have invested so much into making a good strong prem character, they have to just "wait" for possibly years in hopes of a migration route or something in order to leave. This goes back to the idea of allowing the purchase of a "potion" or something or other maybe once a year (twice?) as an option in this case. This would also prevent campaigns to discourage new players entering that world and moving to the world that person chooses to go to. I'm not trying to get something going again, this is a serious thing for the person that is THIS unhappy and I truly do wish something could be done to help him because I would much rather a person be able to play the way they want to where they want to than to be miserable in a game they might enjoy elsewhere. This is literally the first time I have seen someone that is THIS unhappy to this degree about being "stuck" in a world. When it gets to the point that Idaho is in the category of other worlds ahead of it (like Galveston), I'll be more than willing keep quiet and just let be what will be. It just isn't quite there yet, as we all can see from the numbers that Hr.Nyborg has shown us.

Last edited:

NovaStar

@Hr.Nyborg yes, thank you for that chart and the information you have provided. I appreciate the transparency also and it does help to see a clearer picture of things overall.

RaiderTr

At this speed anything is possible.
And numbers are pretty close to each other.

Poker Alice

He would be happier, Idaho would be happier and everyone here would be happier to not have 4-5 more pages with this rant about Idaho... I'm not trying to get something going again, this is a serious thing for the person that is THIS unhappy and I truly do wish something could be done to help him because I would much rather a person be able to play the way they want to where they want to than to be miserable in a game they might enjoy elsewhere.
I would suggest to your friend to restart in newly created world. I'm really happy when I come to the forum and find something to read in it. Therefore I don't consider anything on this thread a rant at all. When members write their stuff it helps me understand more about their likes and dislikes. I do for the most part like how this topic went. Besides world closers it appears can apply to more than just the one world.

It might not matter much what is written in this thread anyway because after some time passes we might see world #1 topics under Game world(s) disappear off the forum.

@lulumcnoob I do understand the desire to stay put in a world and not start in a new world. But why do some people leave a world when they see a new one? I suspect some players like myself see a new opportunity to perhaps try something different. Sure there is a tutorial for new players and it does require mouse attention until the hour long jobs show up and players that purchase gold do get advantage. But that is the reality of the game.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against migration and long term play. But there is also a disadvantage starting in an established world. It is unfair for new players and players wanting to start over. At least at the beginning a newly created world starts everyone out equally.

NovaStar

I would suggest to your friend to restart in newly created world.

I have done this before, myself (a couple times) as many others probably have, but the point has already been stated that he feels he has already invested too much on his strong prem char to just delete it and start over, so now he feels he is stuck and would like to move it to Colorado (rather than a newly created world)... :(