World 1 Registration.... closed?

• Thread starter DeletedUser17969
  • Start date

DeletedUser17969

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone knows why the registration to World 1 has been removed from the list of worlds for new players to join?

I had a quick scan of this forum and the Western Star but couldn't see anything about it.

Someone mentioned last week in chat but at the time I put it down to an update taking place, however I have a friend who tried to join last night and he found that he was unable to.

I just took a look myself and found that to still be the case.

It seems weird to prevent new blood from joining and having to solely rely on the current actives to keep things going :huh:

DeletedUser5677

It says right here in this forum that world 1 registration is open.
World 1 Registration open.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've heard complains though that world one isn't working to make new chars

DeletedUser17969

If you try creating a new account it defaults to Briscoe - click "change world" - World 1 isn't an option but all others are.

DeletedUser25632

It says right here in this forum that world 1 registration is open.
It may say that on this forum, but when you try in-game it will not allow you. I have characters on worlds 8-12 none before that or after. However, I tried world 1 and get registration is not possible on this world.

So regardless of what this forum says, players who do not have a character on world 1 are unable to make one there.

DeletedUser22685

It's closed. It hasn't been confirmed if/when it will be opening again. I could quote Hellstromm but I'm not quite sure if it's appropriate for the forum.

DeletedUser17969

I could quote Hellstromm but I'm not quite sure if it's appropriate for the forum.

I want quotes damn it!!

... beside the one I just used obviously :razz:

Was it closed to encourage new players to head straight to the new premium worlds rather than choosing World 1??

I realise that it defaults to the latest world when creating an account but I can't think of any other reason...

One Armed Ninja

I think i'll just add that Hellstrommm didn't close it of his own volition, he was given the order to from... "up above" o_O

And that's all i think you may need to know, it's not going to be reopended for the forseeable future, so make sure you dont mistakenly let your characters go down the tube here!

DeletedUser17969

Ah no worries, I was simply hoping that Hellstromm's quote was going to be full of expletives for my own childish entertainment rather than anything that would cause him any trouble.

For the record my buddy signed up for w9 which I started at the same time as w1... so in that respect Inno must be pleased that it was indeed one of the newer worlds that he joined lol

DeletedUser22685

Hehe, wasn't full of expletives, it was funny though. :razz:

And World 9 is by no means new. Been around for over a year.

DeletedUser

Open W1 please!

OAN is right, Hell was told by Thorsten. It was closed to encourage new users to sign up to other worlds. IMO it is not going to work.

It might not discourage some people but my father wanted to check out The West. I play world one with my wife and son and he won't play any world if we're not in it. So that's one person that won't be joining unless world one is opened up again.

Bye
Mr Henry

DeletedUser

yep i keep having people want to join but they cant join me in world one so they dont join at all. i am talking about 10 plus people

DeletedUser

lol world 1 gates are closed?

its a plan to lock us up so we go down in numbers and we are forced to turn cannibal and eat other players at night

DeletedUser5677

Of the 45,000 or so players on W1, 26,000 are still LVL1 in-actives.
That is cause to clean house, not close registration.
We have been through this before. Trying to force feed players into dead servers is not going to work. Another smooth move...:no:

DeletedUser

Of the 45,000 or so players on W1, 26,000 are still LVL1 in-actives.
That is cause to clean house, not close registration.
We have been through this before. Trying to force feed players into dead servers is not going to work. Another smooth move...:no:
Argh! I hate these in-active ppl! They just come to the game and do nothing. *sigh*!!!

DeletedUser

Yea it sucks. They leave the inactive, but deleted my high level char the moment i took a few days off!

DeletedUser22685

It was obviously more than a few days :dry:

So it seems we have volunteers to scroll through 26 000 level 1s and delete the inactive ones?

DeletedUser

It was obviously more than a few days :dry:

So it seems we have volunteers to scroll through 26 000 level 1s and delete the inactive ones?

Seriously, if you want some people to volunteer to go through the level 1 players looking for the "naked" inactives, gimme a shout. I will happily trawl through a load a day wiping them out. Sat around the Picking Tobacco startpoint, cluttering up my map, godammit ...

DeletedUser1121

guys, this is the 21st century...

delete from players where player_id in (
select player_id from inventory
where shirt = "gray shirt"
and shoes = "gray ragged shoes")
;

commit;