Workers Motivation with premium

DeletedUser

I have been trying to ffigure out this and I just can not.

I am a worker I gain 10% each day in motivation. If I build for 2 hours something I loose 6%.

Ok As a worker class I actually gain .... What? Is it 10%+10% = 20% or 30% iwth premium which would meant hat I could build all day and just build.

or is it 10%*10% = 11% With premium = 12%. so I can build for 4 hours a day and still maintain full moticvation as a premium with class advantage.

You must recognize the HUGE difference between the two and well if it is the later then my total mistake to WASTE 5 nuggets on a premium class advantage.

Can someone please set me straight.

DeletedUser

The "percentage of what?" issue has been discussed before, although I don't recall it centering on the worker premium in the convo I saw. Consensus was that it was the smaller percentage -- IOW, the "waste". Take that with a grain of salt though; you should check it yourself to be sure. It wouldn't take long, watching your numbers.

DeletedUser

I don't think workers are the exception. Generally percentage bonuses multiply, not add. +11%, not +20%.

DeletedUser

I don't think workers are the exception.
No, I certainly wouldn't expect so. But the OP may have searched for "worker" and not found the answer to the question that way, and that was on my mind when I made the comment about the previous convo.

AAAAAAAnywaaayyyy....... :)

DeletedUser

Thank you for the reply. I did search by worker motivation percentage and did not receive any of the threads that I did when I removed worker.

Seems to me like workers get the royal shaft for abilities glad I am only a worker in one world.

Please close this thread.

DeletedUser

Seems to me like workers get the royal shaft for abilities glad I am only a worker in one world.

I don't think that's the case. My W5 worker is leveling up right in line with all my other chars on other worlds. Workers -- construction workers, anyway -- also have the advantage of being able to found a town alone and keep it rising until others arrive or when nobody else is very active in the town.

DeletedUser

You're crazy, workers rule. The experience bonus, and the fact that con has ridiculously good jobs at extremely low levels, of course any class can take advantage of that fact. I wish I'd tried one before w7.

DeletedUser

I disagree. I have one worker, I'm an adventurer in all the other worlds, and my worker is having an awful time. I should be regaining motivation for construction at the rate of 11 points per day, which works out to 1 point every 130 minutes. So it takes 780 minutes, or THIRTEEN HOURS, to regain full motivation for construction. I can't even work 4 hours in a day.

That sux rocks.

And no, I wouldn't waste a penny on any of the so-called "premiums", they're not worth the expense. If I wanted to pay $10 a week to play a game it wouldn't be this one, it'd bee something a LOT more interactive. The "stacking" option is particularly useless since you can't line up clothes for the jobs you're queuing up. What good does it do to queue up 4 jobs when you STILL have to check between jobs to change clothes?

Workers need to recover motivation at a higher rate, even if it's just for construction.

Let's keep in mind also that you do not accrue any increase in motivation for the 2 hours that you are working, so essentially you can only work 2 hours every FIFTEEN hours and still recover your motivation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I disagree. I have one worker, I'm an adventurer in all the other worlds, and my worker is having an awful time. I should be regaining motivation for construction at the rate of 11 points per day, which works out to 1 point every 130 minutes. So it takes 780 minutes, or THIRTEEN HOURS, to regain full motivation for construction. I can't even work 4 hours in a day.

Well this is what I came up with. So I work about 2 hours a day and when it is at 100% I can work 4 hours. That works out to be 2 hours each day and 4 hours every 6 days.

Glad I am not the only one that thought that was frustrating.

DeletedUser

Yes, but they are weak when it comes to dueling Elmyr..

What's so important about dueling Elmyr? :huh:

That sux rocks.

And no, I wouldn't waste a penny on any of the so-called "premiums", they're not worth the expense. If I wanted to pay $10 a week to play a game it wouldn't be this one, it'd bee something a LOT more interactive. The "stacking" option is particularly useless since you can't line up clothes for the jobs you're queuing up. What good does it do to queue up 4 jobs when you STILL have to check between jobs to change clothes?

Workers need to recover motivation at a higher rate, even if it's just for construction.

Let's keep in mind also that you do not accrue any increase in motivation for the 2 hours that you are working, so essentially you can only work 2 hours every FIFTEEN hours and still recover your motivation.

Blah blah blah. Here's how I deal, with my lev28 builder.

He builds 30 minutes (I'd make it longer if needed, but I'm online most of the time), then heads out to do 2-4 hours of building a bridge/building a RR station/granite mining/quest work. Come home to hotel; as soon as I notice he's in, I deposit all $, then repeat, waiting a little longer in hotel if his energy/motivation is still low. I keep his energy (not motivation!) somewhat low throughout *my* day, and then stuff him in the hotel for his full night when I go to bed.

His motivation is always 100% when he starts constructing, and he does it for 30 minutes every 3-4 hours. That's plenty for my builder, with all the other jobs he's got. I suppose if the only thing you want to do is build your town, then that wouldn't be enough. Is that your beef?

The above works great for me. He's building a whole town by himself; over 200 construction LPs for level 2/3 jobs now, and he doesn't even have great gear yet. He can build a building level in about 2-3 days, solo; isn't that enough?