Workers Courtesy Code

DeletedUser3717

A little something I would like to propose to town leaders, and possibly duelists willing to listen.

A courtesy code towards workers.

Now I understand duelists will always be around, and always sniffing out easy targets and possibly money.
I have no problem with that (workers with loose cash deserve to lose cash ;)).

However what I, and many other workers would appreciate is if you downgraded your weapons while fighting us.
EG, a broken clay jug or worn sling shot.

Or possibly using the opposite weapon type to your skill spec (eg vigor -> ranged, shooting -> melee).

The reason behind this is so you do less damage.
Given that many workers are incapable of hitting back what this does is prevent significant damage being done to them while still getting the same rewards.

This also means that the risk of a worker being KO'd is significantly lower, duelists can attack them more often and construction work/jobs are alot less likely to be interrupted for the worker (allowing them to level faster, and remain targets no less).

You can estimate a workers HP by this simple calc: 20*lvl + 90 HP.

The difference between doing 100 damage per duel and 200-300 damage is VERY significant.
It is the difference between knocking them out in 2 duels and making the target unavailable for 48 hours (and very annoyed) or being able to sustainably attack them over a long period.

Overall its a win/win situation for all involved and I'm sure alot of happier people all round

DeletedUser

and when you run into a builder who's respeced to be an uber melee dueler hands you your @#$ not gonna happen jordan

DeletedUser

I too am a worker. I fail to see why workers complain about being duelled!
Duelling is a major part of the game.

Workers can equip themselves with the right inventory, bank their cash and enjoy duelling just as much as any other character in the game!

If workers don't like being duelled, maybe wait for The Sims 3 when it comes out ;)

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

and when you run into a builder who's respeced to be an uber melee dueler hands you your @#$ not gonna happen jordan

You can see if it's a builder or a dueler... the builder will have 0-5 dueling lvls above his lvl.

Anyway, at this stage there are still alot of builders? and yet alone builders high enough to get hit considerably? Normally they should have reskilled a while ago, when they completed their town, the others, in small towns, normally are too low to get hitted.

DeletedUser

I like this. And what about the con people who like moving and building tons of towns in their lifes? Build teams? We dont respec. So theres no complaints here.

DeletedUser

It's a bad idea, for many reasons:

* A worker is a class, with no restrictions on where people put their points. There are no guarantees that a worker is going to be an easy target,

* Stats do not reflect whether a worker is an easy target.

* As soon as a dueler courteously downgrades his items, he becomes an easier target for others.

* It's too much 'work' required to research every potential target. A cursory examination is about as far as you can expect people to go. Expecting duelers to research duel stats is going overboard.

* The goal of a duel is to win, not to win by a small margin, or to offer up the opportunity to lose.

* If a worker doesn't like being dueled, he should upgrade his equipment or reallocate his stats, not impose shame on the dueler to downgrade his items.

* There are far too many players in the game for the "honor system" to work. In any event, Honor is a fancy name for control. It's the use of guilt/shame to control the actions of others. That's not likely to work all that well in a gaming environment.

* If you don't like being dueled, then find a town with plenty of active duelers because the best defense to being attacked is ensuring you have plenty of duelers/soldiers in your town willing to provide consequence.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Hellstromm again.

He's right on every count, though he failed to point out that there is an alternative game.

DeletedUser

The Pariah view on duels:
- Anyone in The West can be dueled. Their's no such thing that some character types (i.e. workers) shouldn't be dueled, even if they state it in their profiles.
- Everyone that plays this game should learn how to bank the money and to protect themselves instead of complaining. This behaviour is just a short cut to build up their cities faster and a poor excuse that they don't have to skill themselves (and perhaps buy duel items) for duels.
- Please ! We need no double morality, no hypocrisy or anyone telling us how to play this game.

DeletedUser

My pleasure Jordon ;)

If a Worker was not to be duelled, there would not have been a nice brown duel button next to the players name in game.

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

Are people forgetting that workers/builders or what ever they choose to call themselves usually put their attributes into strength ergo, they should have a decent resistance to damage from melee duellers, and should also have a decent bit of health to help prevent them from being knocked out. Oh and dont forget they usually have high vigor too, so they are not as weak as they would like you to believe they are, or do they just not like losing??

DeletedUser

A little something I would like to propose to town leaders, and possibly duelists willing to listen.

A courtesy code towards workers.

Now I understand duelists will always be around, and always sniffing out easy targets and possibly money.
I have no problem with that (workers with loose cash deserve to lose cash ;)).

However what I, and many other workers would appreciate is if you downgraded your weapons while fighting us.
EG, a broken clay jug or worn sling shot.

Or possibly using the opposite weapon type to your skill spec (eg vigor -> ranged, shooting -> melee).

The reason behind this is so you do less damage.
Given that many workers are incapable of hitting back what this does is prevent significant damage being done to them while still getting the same rewards.

This also means that the risk of a worker being KO'd is significantly lower, duelists can attack them more often and construction work/jobs are alot less likely to be interrupted for the worker (allowing them to level faster, and remain targets no less).

You can estimate a workers HP by this simple calc: 20*lvl + 90 HP.

The difference between doing 100 damage per duel and 200-300 damage is VERY significant.
It is the difference between knocking them out in 2 duels and making the target unavailable for 48 hours (and very annoyed) or being able to sustainably attack them over a long period.

Overall its a win/win situation for all involved and I'm sure alot of happier people all round

in another server i'm a pure builder, adn I know how is difficult to a worker to dueling or protect himself. So we, dueler, can use this tactic:
when I want to attack a worker I attack him with my best weapon the first time, if I see that he's not strong, I change my weapon if I want to attack him again.
Sorry for my not brilliant english, but I'm italian!

DeletedUser

As a worker it really didn't matter to me if anyone came and duelled me. I had no fighting skill though so I did find it a little offensive when players came and attacked me multiple times with their best weapons and clothes just to see how big a hit they could get on me. (They couldn't have been doing it for money I made sure I didn't carry any.) But then I got lucky enough to find piece 1 of the note and now I'm reskilled and looking for a bit of payback with my nice shiny sword.:laugh: