Worker Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey
I have now played all the different characters. I always wondered why so many workers left the game. I now am playing a worker and I have a suggestion. It seems that many of the characters that like to attack build their characters by attacking unarmed workers. If you have 300 wins against an unarmed worker, does this really make you a great dueler, I mean come on, where is your sense of decency. I realize that attacks are part of the game, but I think that attacking an unarmed worker should contain a penalty. Something like you get the money but you lose experience points or the other way around. Or maybe give the worker extra experience points for fighting unarmed. Or maybe a roaming sheriff that picks on people that attack unarmed workers. Or whatever, I just think the worker is under appreciated for all his hard work.
Bald Pete

PS: I am not saying no dueling of workers only a change in compensation or a penalty is involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bald Pete, the game is bit of a pickle if you ask me, with the class bonuses. Though no one made builders go pure construction, I personally don't duel workers. The way I see it the soldier class is best for workers as you get 50% bonus on tactics, soldier our the best for defensive duels for this reason alone. Plus you would be able to wack a strong weapon on, would mean having to give up some skill points for construction in place of tactic's, dodge and afew on aim. But you wont lose so often and it will put off alot of players in the first place if you got a good weapon aswell.
Other than that get all your gunslingers to really hit hard on anyone that duels you or any other worker in your town, K.O them if possible that will keep them away for 2 days atleast :D

I don't think they will ever change the fact a worker is a easy target, only you yourself can change your builder into a fighter. I dont think anyone should be punished as whats stopping someone from picking builder class and tooling it up with dueling skills, unarming when he/she doesnt want to duel ?

Failing all that, go on a builders strike lol

DeletedUser

You might be right, maybe we should direct all newcomers away from the builder class, so that they can defend themselves. I had never played builder class until world 12, I just wanted to try it as I had done all the others. I knew I would be a attacked by some, but didnt realize how many were building a high win ratio on builders. I just thought there should be away to stop someone from building a high win ratio purely on workers.
I also never attack workers, so didnt realize so many did. I just hate to see so many workers leave the game after they spent so much time building their towns. Maybe we need duel class characters.
BP

DeletedUser

How about this:
Give town builders a chance at finding an item, that would help.
Most builders donate most if not all of their income to the town so they can build. They dont get paid, and get very little experience for it. Why not at least give them a chance at finding something.
Say building a hotel, a chance at clothing or something.
Build on the gun shop a chance at finding a weapon
Build on General store, a chance at an item from the store
so on and so forth
At least then builders would feel they might get something for donating everything to the town, getting attacked constantly, and having very little time to do the quests.
BP

DeletedUser

I can't believe this thread made it through 4 posts without some Dueler popping in with a snide comment like...
"Oh stop Whining! It's the way of the game!"

Workers are prime targets for Duelers to use on their road to Fame, and Fortune. The reason for this is obvious.
Why risk your 'winning' stats by attacking an opponent at your level, and dressed to fight back. That would be silly if
all you want out of the game is to gain the highest score.

A better armed opponent might cause you damage, and heaven forbid... They might beat you! If you attack someone defenseless,
you gain points, without the risk. This is so important when your perception of the game is just to be "The Best"!

There are no hard written rules as to how to "Duel". Players themselves choose the method and 'targets'. What 'Genius' who sees
this game as a Pwnage-Fest and not as the cool RPG that it could be, would choose to work hard at gaining a reputation, instead of
stealing it from the weakest character in the game.

Until you can change the perception of this game into a realistic "Old West" RPG, and away from a Halo type FPS, workers are doomed
to be 'farmed' like cattle.

Your suggestions and statements here are all valid and reasonable, but suggesting to make workers harder to attack, Cutting off duelers
"only source of income" (Their words...not mine) is gonna raise a red flag to all of them out there. Prepare for insults and objections from those characters wearing the "Dueling Colored" Glasses.

DeletedUser15302

Yeah I cant believe it either I think that most duelers are scared off by large blocks of text, I have played a builder on many worlds and this is an exceptional problem whenever one starts, as leaders only recruit pure builders and duelers are going all out to level up so they target you guessed it builders.

One of the ways I suggested ages ago but was never implemented is a kind of sheriff tool available to the town and that is any dueler or soldier in town can assign themselves as protector of anything up to 2 of their builders which means when you try and attack the builder you have to fight your way through that protector first if you win you then automatically have a second duel with the builder, this would give the builders an actual chance and still not take away from duelers motivation as if they win the get double the exp (from winning 2 duels if they win of course) so they wouldn't "whine" too much as they like to put it either.

Sorry this is long but an update is something I tried to get going in world 10 but it never got off the ground and that is every worker signs up to the builders union, how this works is that usually one towns duelers hits a worker from another town that towns duelers then go and pummel the workers from the first town result= lots of down and out workers and no relief the idea here is that if all the builders belong to the union then when this situation occurs they go on strike, and no building gets done in either town until the leaders agree to a worker non aggression pact, you want your town built? Then you gotta leave us alone kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.