Worker Sub-classes, REALLY no difference?

DeletedUser

:unsure: Howdy folks, just another confused newb here ;)

Worker Sub-classes, I've read help topics that say they make no difference to you're character other than :
  • Sets you're profile picture.
  • Opens sub-class specific quests.
But I have also read that a Town must have a mortician (a sub-class of the worker) to allow town members to duel.
I will be a builder spec ... and my questions are:

• Why would anyone choose a worker sub-class other than mortician ?
(allowing the town they build to host duels without depending on a mortician player to stick with their town)
  • Do the other Worker sub-classes really add nothing other than a picture (and set of quests) to your character?
(I've never been a craftsman ... sounds like it should give bonus to building - but does it?)

Thanks in advance to the guys that help out newbs:D

DeletedUser

a mortican also refers to a building in a town.

not just a picture

DeletedUser

thanks for the fast reply's
The Mortician that refers to is a building, not a player. :)

Aha .... have to say the mix of information available is a little confusing.

So the ONLY difference between sub-classes is the picture and sub-class quests ?

is that correct?

if so I'd love to hear about other peoples preferences on Worker sub-classes ... Some info on the differences between the sub-classes (even if it is just the quest sets) would be very usefull :)

DeletedUser

thanks gizmo501 ... that link is in my bookmarks, Ill do some more research there:D
I wasn't expecting the sub-classes to be so pointless I guess.
But at least they make room for diversity to be added later.:eek:
I'll be looking forwards to seeing what improvements/updates are yet to come.
I'm enjoying the game so far ;)

DeletedUser

Only difference is the picture. Nothing more. 4 classes; each does its own thing. What you choose inside the classes is totally up to you.

DeletedUser

Don't hold your breath for the pictures to evolve into subclasses, since that would mean people would either have to re-choose their pic or else be forced into a subclass they never chose.

And don't ask me about Santa Claus, either. >:-(

DeletedUser

Don't hold your breath for the pictures to evolve into subclasses, since that would mean people would either have to re-choose their pic or else be forced into a subclass they never chose.

And don't ask me about Santa Claus, either. >:-(

I would have thought a change like this would not be made mid-server ?
I'm new to The West but not to browser games, I expect big changes like new quest sets (and the new Forts) ect. would be introduced at the beginning of a world.
Because otherwise you're absolutley right, everyone's char would be messed with mid-game. Almost certain to cause upset :mad:

I think it's a good thing that there is room to expand the gameplay and RP potential of "The West" by adding more features to what is already programmed into the game.

DeletedUser3543

I would have thought a change like this would not be made mid-server ?
I'm new to The West but not to browser games, I expect big changes like new quest sets (and the new Forts) ect. would be introduced at the beginning of a world.
Because otherwise you're absolutley right, everyone's char would be messed with mid-game. Almost certain to cause upset :mad:

I think it's a good thing that there is room to expand the gameplay and RP potential of "The West" by adding more features to what is already programmed into the game.

Since the game is allegedly still in 'beta' changes are applied to all worlds - new and old..

DeletedUser

Yeah, buckle your seat belt. But still, they do care what we want, as witness the recent proposal to change the skill set for town construction, which they abandoned after the whole player community stormed the Inno Bastille.