worker class advice

DeletedUser

ok , i searched worker, worker class & character class. And of course the pure class guides

I know the basic worker/builder, build, but is there any additional advice for a current greenhorn (i will be level ten by tomorrow night) who is going to pick the worker class??? I already have a town, actually am going to be co founding a town, anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also for the builders--- if you go pure builder is your defensive dueling skills any good or will i need to tweek them later?

thanks all,
w0lfy:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not that experienced with construction, but I wouldn't go pure construction.

also, workers have no defensive dueling skills. that's why they get owned every day and complain on the forums ;)

DeletedUser

i would never complain on forums :unsure:
and i ain't scared! lol I have been spreading out my points for dueling a lil till i get to level 10. Plus a bunch of my town in world ten is coming to world 11, in other words i got back up lol:p

Just really seeking some good worker class tips. Please leave thread open for a lil while so the workers/builders will respond.

thx:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Pure construction is a great for building. Because construction is used 3x in building things, every SP there helps a lot. If I was planning to be one of the main builders for a town I would not spend any SP elsewhere at all. Pure construction also opens a lot of good XP and cash jobs early.

If you waste skills on dueling, then your whole town will suffer a much slower growth, for very little gain. It is better to just be prepared to lose a few duels imo.

DeletedUser

My tip: Pure Construction until you have your town 100% complete or they don't need you for building forts. After that i suggest re-speccing to dueling skills.

DeletedUser

I'm not that experienced with construction, but I wouldn't go pure construction.

You wouldn't be much of a dueler without pure builders building those shops where you got your gear.

Pure builder gets boring, but it's a necessary evil. Towns need pure builders more than they need duelers. You need both, but a town can't exist without pure builders.

No, you won't be a good dueler, but that shouldn't even be a consideration. You aren't completely defenseless with all that vigor, toughness, and health from strength, but you won't hit much with no aim. I've done pure builder twice (w7 and Beta) and I've always bought the best defensive dueling gear and usually had the best sharp weapon for my level. Consider yourself lucky with 1:10 wins to losses, which is achievable.

DeletedUser

that ratio would be ok for me as i have created i balanced adventurer/dueler thus far in world ten.

My goal is to experience each class as pure as i can. Although i will have to re do the adventurer lol

i was wondering doesn't going pure mean you miss out on most quest which aren't class based?

DeletedUser

One suggestion I would make is don't go more than 100 points in construction (not including items).

DeletedUser

100 is way too low...you absolutely need to spec pure construction past level 25. Have you ever built a gunsmith to level 15?

DeletedUser

Say you got 100 point in construction times that by three and you get 300 then add 5% worker bonus and you get a total of 315lp toward town construction before difficulty and without allowing for items. Use the rest of your attribute/skill points to help your worker make money and level quicker.... Having maxed out shops is no good when no-one can afford the items or equip them. Remember towns need money or nothing gets built.

DeletedUser

Say you got 100 point in construction times that by three and you get 300 then add 5% worker bonus and you get a total of 315lp toward town construction before difficulty and without allowing for items. Use the rest of your attribute/skill points to help your worker make money and level quicker.... Having maxed out shops is no good when no-one can afford the items or equip them. Remember towns need money or nothing gets built.

Unless you switch to leadership, you'll be changing specs before you get the builder's best money job, drilling for oil...

You don't take building costs into account. By making building more expensive you're requiring town members to donate more for each hour of building...

You don't take forts into account, where low LP will require more rare products to build...

You don't take the fact that many builders go on to build multiple towns...

I'm sorry, stopping speccing construction at level 25 is way too low.

DeletedUser

Unless you switch to leadership, you'll be changing specs before you get the builder's best money job, drilling for oil...

Which is what I did. So I could unlock constructing ranch house that bit quicker. I purposely failed to mention that. I just have a passionate dislike of cloned players running around with matching skill sets. And Yes I do allow for forts.... and would like to encourage all players to add variety into their gaming experience.

DeletedUser

Remember towns need money or nothing gets built.

Your advice is pushing him to raise building costs. Going anything but absolutely pure construction is putting yourself over your town. There are 11 worlds on .net, if you want variety, play more than one, but if you're going to be a builder, suck it up and do it right.

DeletedUser

yup yup i agree elmyr, but when would you say to start respecting? just out of curiosity?

I have conceeded i want be able to duel :) and can threw gear you add any help defensively to a pure builder? i would think just a little , right?

DeletedUser

yup yup i agree elmyr, but when would you say to start respecting? just out of curiosity?

I have conceeded i want be able to duel :) and can threw gear you add any help defensively to a pure builder? i would think just a little , right?

Well elmyr has given you sound advice on how to be a builder which is correct, and I have given you my opinion on how to be a worker which seems to have got confused (worker and builder IMO are different things). But if you want to be able duel defensively as well, make sure to get some items with defensive bonuses.... such as fancy cotton jacket, and fancy bow tie,Pilgrim's shoes (not the worker specific shoes)