Not a bug Work Clothes

DeletedUser38970

I have observed that the Work Clothes button does not take into measure the American Set. It rocks, it's awesome and it's better than the clothes listed via the Work Clothes button ... sometimes - but it still is not listed.

Al35ul

The "work clothes" button gives you the best clothes to increase your labor points for that particular job,in which case the American set does not rock since it only gives product drop.

DeletedUser35533

The "work clothes" button gives you the best clothes to increase your labor points for that particular job,in which case the American set does not rock since it only gives product drop.
"only"

DeletedUser38970

Since math is only accurate when it reflects the reality around it, I propose it is time to rework those calculations. On occasion jobs are done as chores for x hours for a quest and on rare occasions for item drop value but in general jobs are done primarily for product drop. One does not clear the forest when coal is needed, because jobbing is all about product drop most of the time. The old formula was great because it directly reflected maximum product drop all of the time. The American Set changes the accuracy of the old formula. I think we can agree that the American Set is not the last set we'll see. It is simply the latest. There will be new sets that alter the game in new ways. Perhaps we need more than one button now ... do you want to dress for Income, Luck Value, Experience or Product Drop? One button used to handle all of those. It seems the game has evolved beyond those single button days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul

I was referring to the most important part of the American set (i.e. the product drop) while discussing about the Labor Points bonus that some sets give you. I doubt the SPs and APs given by the American (which are insignificant compared to other sets) set would affect LP more than other, appropriate, sets would.

Pankreas PorFavor

Since math is only accurate when it reflects the reality around it, I propose it is time to rework those calculations. On occasion jobs are done as chores for x hours for a quest and on rare occasions for item drop value but in general jobs are done primarily for product drop. One does not clear the forest when coal is needed, because jobbing is all about product drop most of the time. The old formula was great because it directly reflected maximum product drop all of the time. The American Set changes the accuracy of the old formula. I think we can agree that the American Set is not the last set we'll see. It is simply the latest. There will be new sets that alter the game in new ways. Perhaps we need more than one button now ... do you want to dress for Income, Luck Value, Experience or Product Drop? One button used to handle all of those. It seems the game has evolved beyond those single button days.

Income, Luck Value, Experience or Product Drop - they all depend on one same thing = labor points.
and that one button calculates exactly that. use it, equip gear that gives you most labor points which will maximize the income, experience, luck value, product drop. queue the job. and after this - change your gear. equip your luck set if you want to increase the chance to find items. equip american set if you want to get the most products. equip other gear with bonuses for cash or experience if you want this. or change to duel defense clothes if you want to stay protected.
all in all - american set comes into play AFTER you queue the job. if you queue the job with most labor points possible and it says you will get 3 products, change to american set and get more. it may all be the same for low level jobs, that's true, it doesn't really matter much what gear you use when you'r mucking out stables.
but if you're doing compete at arm wrestling as a pure trader (for example)... queue it with best clothes you have and get 146% drop rate with 3 silver pickaxes (in my example) and apply american set bonus to this - add the bonus to 146%, or queue it with american set right away - 2 bronze pickaxes and 154% drop rate. I think it is clear what works best...?