work / activity queue including sleep

DeletedUser

It would be nice to be able to set up an activity for after you are done sleeping that you would have energy for when you wake up.

right now it appears that the activity queue does not factor in future energy.

does it do so with premium points?

DeletedUser

Nope, it doesn't with premium. There have been suggestions for "naps" or "variable length sleep" before, which would be a lot simpler to implement than sleeping until you have enough energy for what is queued. Your suggestion would require a complete change to when energy for a job is deducted.

DeletedUser

Your suggestion would require a complete change to when energy for a job is deducted.

not really.

the energy system would only have to allow for a negative number and then only IF sleep was the current activity.

in other words

if your energy was currently at 7 and you slept in a janitors closet for 8 hours .. you total useable energy at the end of the 8 hours would be

64 + 7

as long as your queued activities after sleep did not make your energy fall lower than -64 you could add any activities to the assignment queue

as long as the activities applied from the negative number were not greater than (zero+your current energy) , you could queue the activity.

it is still a logic change, but it could be implemented without reworking the entire energy system as it relates to the rest of the game.

DeletedUser

not really.

the energy system would only have to allow for a negative number and then only IF sleep was the current activity.

in other words

if your energy was currently at 7 and you slept in a janitors closet for 8 hours .. you total useable energy at the end of the 8 hours would be

64 + 7

as long as your queued activities after sleep did not make your energy fall lower than -64 you could add any activities to the assignment queue

as long as the activities applied from the negative number were not greater than (zero+your current energy) , you could queue the activity.

it is still a logic change, but it could be implemented without reworking the entire energy system as it relates to the rest of the game.

sorry, but i dont think it can work like that. i think that might require thought, and thats something computers cant do.

DeletedUser

sorry, but i dont think it can work like that. i think that might require thought, and thats something computers cant do

that is one of the oddest things I have ever heard.

it's called logic ... it is how every computer program ever written works.

if ....this ... than do this .. if not ... do this

granted it takes a human to code it and think it through .. but it can be done

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

special cases require special action. if you cancel the sleep, then what does it do? if it were normal coding, like you said, it would automatically cancel the job, even if you have enough energy.

DeletedUser

what happens now if you cancel sleep?

you can't

at least not after a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser

??? Currently you can cancel sleep at any time you want.

Anyway I imagine that if this was introduced you would be unable to cancel the sleep, perhaps with an error message like when you try to take off some equipment you need for a job you have queued. "you need this sleep before one of your work assignments".

I agree that this would be useful, especially with automation premium, but I believe it would be very difficult to implement.

DeletedUser

I have 2 hours of sleep left and cannot cancel it.

i too agree it should be a premium advantage, I have to say that having an application development background (almost 15 years coding). This would not be that hard to integrate.

DeletedUser1105

I have 2 hours of sleep left and cannot cancel it.

Sleep can be cancelled at any point. If it is not letting you cancel the sleep, send in a support ticket.

People regularly 'nap' for a quick burst of energy and cancel the sleep before it's finished.