Feedback Winter event 2023

DeletedUser15368

How does an entire cake fit inside a twig? Immersion broken.

We should have had to trade the twigs in to a quest-giver or something.

Also more exp potions, and fewer collection items would be better.

WhyN0t

I don't like the drop rates for xp potions.
wisdom_potion_1.png
Potion of Minor Wisdom (1% xp)0.53%
wisdom_potion_2.png
Potion of Some Wisdom (2% xp)0.32%
wisdom_potion_5.png
Potion of Profound Wisdom (25% xp)0.11%

It's too random. 0.11% for 25% xp, 0.32% for 2% xp and 0.53% for 1%. Why is there such a big difference between the xp of the potions? Some people will get 100% xp from this event and others only 1%.

Abydos1

Not to mention them completely skipping out on offering older Winter event drops like snowballs and icicles but hey we'll see that in the years to come... :rolleyes:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
wisdom_potion_1.png
wisdom_potion_2.png
wisdom_potion_5.png

It's too random. 0.11% for 25% xp, 0.32% for 2% xp and 0.53% for 1%. Why is there such a big difference between the xp of the potions? Some people will get 100% xp from this event and others only 1%.
Yeah, much better if you traded 10 twigs in at a time and got 10 random items but no xp potions, then on the 10th batch 1 item is a 1 2 or 5% xp, one item is a 5 or 10% and one is a 25%

Sciamano

wisdom_potion_1.png
wisdom_potion_2.png
wisdom_potion_5.png

Best chance for a specific player to get 100% xp is one in a trillion based on above %.Distribution is more than alright.
Anyway, i agree that more of all exp potions should exist though, and less than collection cards

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Best chance for a specific player to get 100% xp is one in a trillion based on above %.Distribution is more than alright.
Anyway, i agree that more of all exp potions should exist though, and less than collection cards
?? a quick sim of 500k trials hit it twice; I'd like to see the math pointing at 1:1T.

Sciamano

?? a quick sim of 500k trials hit it twice; I'd like to see the math pointing at 1:1T.
You are right, had the calculation in mind before and not on paper.Actual possibility of hitting at least 4*25%exp = p(1in100 | p(1in99) | p (1|98) | p(1|97)
9.521% * 9.430%* 9.340% * 9.249% = 0,00007756% .Far better than what I mentioned but still the argument with WhyN0T is the same. Distribution is well fixed, and the estimative range of exp, that each player gets is small ==> fair between players.
I would prefer to increase all exp% potions probabilities holding the same distr though by minimizing collections' items.

WhyN0t

I think the exaggeration was obvious. Maybe 4 pieces won't drop, but enough players will get 2 of them and others will only get one of 1%.
The idea behind my comment was that the lower xp potions should not be 1 and 2%, but 5 and 10%.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
How does an entire cake fit inside a twig? Immersion broken.

We should have had to trade the twigs in to a quest-giver or something.

Also more exp potions, and fewer collection items would be better.
“It’s bigger on the inside”. You might say it’s ‘tardised

Abydos1

Can we also have I think its 3 different types of snowballs and icicles as these are from past events and there are people who havent been able to complete them
It won't happen I already confirmed it with the CM they said it will be implemented in the years to come... :roll:

Quick Shot.

can u edd old valentinas chests to this event? christmas chest unussles i think, but valentinas we cant get in xmas sale even, why?

Bob Baumeister

I think the exaggeration was obvious. Maybe 4 pieces won't drop, but enough players will get 2 of them and others will only get one of 1%.

On average every 10th player will get one of the 25% potions. If I am not mistaken 1 in 10,000 players will get two of the 25% potions. Whether thats "enough players" I leave to others.
You were still exaggerating I guess :D

I agree that 5 and 10 % potions would be nicer than 1 and 2 %, but I won't complain about the 25% one.

Ristorian

Is it possible to add the quest items required to complete the Winter Treasure questline from 2018 to the Union Pacific shop?
The questline is available during the same timeframe as all the other Winter Events questlines after all :)

Beefmeister

why in the world is drop rate for quest items so big...jesus christ. even with 7% or less it's a big surplus of them
it shouldn't be more than 7%. I GET ONLY QUEST ITEMS NOW. check the drop rates for every event of this kind you do and see the drop rates and get a correct value ffs

80 opened - 34 quest items, 8 trading cards. it's ridiculous. you need 12 quest items to finish the quest

Last edited: