Feedback Winter Event 2022

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I dont think any clicky event should need more than 1500 jobs to complete, but that is my personal opinion

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I dont think any clicky event should need more than 1500 jobs to complete, but that is my personal opinion
< speaking as a player>
I agree. Unless there’s a valuable prize at the end such as a Golden Letter awarded with the achievement

also the value of what is being dropped should be commensurate with the drop rate; 20% drop rate it’s OK to give crap, 5% you should be getting something good

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Good point, big update for duellers just happened, but no access to viable duelling gear if you don't have it already, either for doing the duelling, or for protection. Could have synergised a lot better.
Or perhaps a new buff like 20 dodge, 100 reflex, 100 toughness for 1 use with a high drop rate in these snowflakes...

Hopefully synergies like this can be given more thought before the next event. I will try to see if I can get more involved with player input for such things in the future

delldell56

I am not even bothering with the snowflakes since the drop rate is about the worst yet so far, and frankly the rewards don't justify spending that much time. Plus, I currently have 12 toons across 4 servers, making it a little bit too much. However, since I spent some time online today sending hearts and then travelling to the Scarlett quest giver, I decided to stop by the middle county for the 15x Plan a reservation and the 10x undertaker quests and some other 15s spamming anything silver there. After 75x on 7 of my 8 worlds on .net, snowflake drops varied from 2 to 6, highlighting the amazing Briscoe were I got none. That's right, zero. 1125 seconds of 15s jobs (that's almost 20 minutes of spamming), no snowflakes to be seen. Hmmm...I think my decision to ignore the entire event from the very beginning was the smart way to go; even if I only had been playing one character, incentives vs. time invested don't correlate.

DeletedUser15368

I actually need a duelling set, so hopefully Curling is viable enough to let me start playing again.

Caerdwyn

The weps aren't too bad; I use them in my defense kit. The clothing is fully meh. Nugget buy for a non-upgradable. One and done is the way to go!

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The weps aren't too bad; I use them in my defense kit. The clothing is fully meh. Nugget buy for a non-upgradable. One and done is the way to go!
It’s a very good resist melee set. Hard to compare to other dueling sets. You won’t get a lot of KOs but you’ll win a lot, have plenty hp to keep going, won’t easily get KOd when your target turns out to be a great tactic damager, and not have to worry too much about retaliation strikes while still wearing it.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Curling clothes are great, even better paired with harvester horse and weapon sets. You will need to add a lot of aim though. Weps to me are the weak link, harvester much better damage and stats.

gordonhunter

Should i contact support if the collect 100 snowflakes achievement hasn't been unlocked despite it saying i have collected 1000 snowflakes? It's happened on 6 worlds.

Curling clothes are great, even better paired with harvester horse and weapon sets. You will need to add a lot of aim though. Weps to me are the weak link, harvester much better damage and stats.
Since harvester can be upgraded and curling can't be, is curling worth the non-upgrade?

HelenBack

I gave up looking for Snowflakes or whatever the latest click click click click click thingy is. I didn't get 10 in some worlds and didn't get to see the questline at all. I only happened to see that it was necessary to get 10 Snowflakes for the quest to appear... today. Just as the Snowflakes stopped dropping. Had I known I needed a minimum of 10 to even see the quest... maybe I would have tried to at least get that many. Guess I'll never get to do that questline now. Thanks....
:roll:

Inno seriously needs to rethink the drop rate for these Snowflakes (or whatever the next one is going to be). Maybe make it so a 1 hour job will give you 1 Snowflake... 6 x 10 minute jobs will give you at least 1 or 2 Snowflakes... and 15 second jobs will drop at least 5-10 per hour of click click click-ing.

Maybe then more will be willing to do these events. Not all of us have the time to sit there and spam 15-second jobs. At least this way everyone gets a chance to complete it. Some may complete it on the first day (give them a special bonus for doing so within 24 hours?) and others may keep doing 1 hour jobs to complete it eventually... Maybe even before the event ends.

Oh and while I'm at it...

Please STOP using high-level crafts and SLEEPING during a timed event quest!!!! Some worlds it's really tough to catch higher level crafters on... and why the heck would you want people to stop playing the game to complete the sleep part? I mean seriously... What sense does that make? Oh ya... And stop with all the Exploration jobs... 8 hours... 10 hours... At least make it a USEFUL job... Even Picking Berries... We always seem to need them, so can we explore around the berry bushes instead? I have so many Maps in some worlds, I could probably cover the globe.
:hmf: