Feedback Winter Event 2022

Abydos1

is it possible to get the icicles needed to get salt in this event ?? And where to find all the the things for curling vdo one have to buy them to make this years event ??????=

I was trying to get them to do that but none of the CMs even bothered to explore that...so now you are stuck buying that stuff in the bond shop.

sulis

I was trying to get them to do that but none of the CMs even bothered to explore that...so now you are stuck buying that stuff in the bond shop.
that really sucks and that goes for all the curling stuff too that have to be baught

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
is it possible to get the icicles needed to get salt in this event ?? And where to find all the the things for curling vdo one have to buy them to make this years event ??????=
Have you looked in the UP shop? No icicles currently but the quest items are ther

Abydos1

I know but it sucks to have to pay when they could have let us do winterevent 2020 at the same time as when we had the harvest event

This is exactly what I was talking about but nope they wouldn't even hear me out... :hmf:

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
With a drop rate as low as this I won't attempt either. I like going for achievements but not at the cost of sanity. Why does the current event have a lower drop rate than previous events anyway?

DeletedUser15368

With a drop rate as low as this I won't attempt either. I like going for achievements but not at the cost of sanity. Why does the current event have a lower drop rate than previous events anyway?
inb4 "not all quests / achievements are supposed to be completed in a short period of time"

Gathering two items at the same time is not technically possible

what?

nor I think would players like to have two events running at the same time

Some would question if players like even one event of brain numb click thousands of times. I don't mind quests that are complicated, require resources, time consuming, but at least make it something more than just spam clicking.

Last edited:

Al35ul

Guess I was wrong :).

Some would question if players like even one event of brain numb click thousands of times. I don't mind quests that are complicated, require resources, time consuming, but at least make it something more than just spam clicking.
There is always space for improvement. Should you have suggestions for improvement, please do let us know here :). We can understand that clicking a high amount of times can be tiring however, please keep in mind that the event is almost 2 weeks long, thus players do not have to collect all snowflakes in 2-3 days.

Alduin

There is always space for improvement. Should you have suggestions for improvement, please do let us know here :). We can understand that clicking a high amount of times can be tiring however, please keep in mind that the event is almost 2 weeks long, thus players do not have to collect all snowflakes in 2-3 days.

There is space being for improvement doesnt mean that our game improving tho. I am probably on my 13-14th run for snowflakes and currently have 47. Put vegas on vac mode to focus on colorado and with another pile of useless sets coming on valentines i'll keep vegas that way. If i wanted to spend 1250 minutes i would spend it while working on my job instead of gathering some pixels, sadly im unemployed. Only improvement i see so far that game being more and more cringe with disgustingly overpowered sets and "events" that aiming to lock down players on their computers instead of providing cool down from hardships of life/workday.

wyindywidualizowany

So your solution is that instead of doing it in 2-3 days i can do it in 2 weeks. Lets calculate - as Alduin said its 1250 minutes, which we can round up to 21 hours. What you're saying is that instead of trying to do it asap I can spam for 1,5h every single day for 2 weeks to get all snowflakes. That is probably the worst response you could ever give to someone complaining about bad droprate lol

Goober Pyle

The West Team
So your solution is that instead of doing it in 2-3 days i can do it in 2 weeks. Lets calculate - as Alduin said its 1250 minutes, which we can round up to 21 hours. What you're saying is that instead of trying to do it asap I can spam for 1,5h every single day for 2 weeks to get all snowflakes. That is probably the worst response you could ever give to someone complaining about bad droprate lol
His 1250m is just way off from extrapolating a too small data set. It’s clearly a 5% drop rate which is 2000+/-20 jobs or 8h20m Of 15s spamming or a little under 13 days of 24x7 10m spamming

With automation, clicking off 7x15s+1x10m every 12m will get the job done in 40h

Goober Pyle

The West Team
what?

I’ll add that by OVERLAPPING drop events the payoff for doing the work is doubled making it far less annoying, and you see a drop on nearly twice as many jobs so it feels like less of a grind.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I’ll add that by OVERLAPPING drop events the payoff for doing the work is doubled making it far less annoying, and you see a drop on nearly twice as many jobs so it feels like less of a grind.
And if the concern is an overload of rewards I do believe you can limit the old event drops to people who don’t have the achievements and cut them off when the achievements are complete

note: to clarify I speak on this as a player. I do not have enhanced insight into the mechanics beyond what I’ve seen as a player.

Clever Hans

Guess I was wrong :).

Al35ul, do you have some aspirations for the politics coz posting falsehoods is becoming quite common in your posts? As mentioned, there were overlapping events last year (both for clicky events and also a fameous fiasco of overlapping St patrick events/quests) and we have provided a feedback numorous times that the drop rates for this type of events should be increased.

The fact that you keep asking for our feedback, while the feedback was already given and you ignored it as usual when you were preparing the event, says a lot about how much the company cares about this player base.

With automation, clicking off 7x15s+1x10m every 12m will get the job done in 40h
Think about that. 2 weeks to spam click, total of 40 hours? That's a part-time JOB, not a game that we want to enjoy. Then don't forget it takes 3 clicks to open the snowflake and ack the reward. Then if there are chests, another 3 clicks. And the clicks are on different areas of the screen, so now you have to click, move, click, move ,click, move. UI design inno, invest in it. Implementing feedback suggestions, invest in it, it's even free.

And Clever Hans, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Alduin

His 1250m is just way off from extrapolating a too small data set. It’s clearly a 5% drop rate which is 2000+/-20 jobs or 8h20m Of 15s spamming or a little under 13 days of 24x7 10m spamming

I got 2 flakes on my first 100 energy and did calculations according to that. Also %5 drop rate doesnt mean it will drop 5 in 100 tries as odds can be stacked otherwise than calculated.

I got 2 flakes on my first 100 energy and did calculations according to that. Also %5 drop rate doesnt mean it will drop 5 in 100 tries as odds can be stacked otherwise than calculated.
I think maybe inno stacks the odds against the chars that complain in this forum :p Maybe that's why our drops rates are slow low :D