Winning and sharing points in adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senoras*B

There has been some changes about how support is reading the rules relating to sharing points in a adventure and what is against the rules. I would like to have some examples from moderating team about what we can/can't do because most players are unaware of this changes and there is so little time to discus in adventure chat. :)
Before it was common to play draws or give free points to loosing team (give them some reward for a fair game).
Here is some examples where it was common to share some points.
A) Teams make deal in a adventure lobby chat that they are playing draw.
B) Team1 is gaining enough points to win and after that they just secure one building and gift 2 other buildings to a loosing team so they get more points.
C) Team1 is seriously over powered because of most players in team2 disconnect or stop playing. Team1 would like to give few points to one guy playing in a team2 because game wasn't fair.

asdf124

If such policy change existed, I wonder why no announcement for it. Can you guys please not ban players unless you clearly made sure everyone know that from now on, ties or giving points is a clear violation of rules.

By the way, time is used from everyone in one advent, so it is clearly not the issue.

Draws should not be a bannable offense, since it encourages players to play game rather than run away each time they see a bigger foe.

I'd draw if it helps more players learn more about adventures, I would draw to play more adventures. I seriously don't want a lot more players quitting cause the other team is simply more powerful!

I will let you know whom usually runs away every time that player is in my team, an obnoxious player who should be banned due to conduct rather than drawing. Big G, you know who you are.

DeletedUser38642

i agree asdf124, even if we cant just decide on a draw giving the other team points should really not be an offence, you keep getting outgunned and don't get any points for the time you sacrifice can be very off putting.

fortfighter1

Easy way to solve this problem is to re-code advents so that if a draw happens neither team get full points. Banning people when no clear rules have been set for advents is not cool. It has been asked in the past if multi accounts playing advents is allowed and we were told yes as no rules have been made for advents.
https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...unts-to-play-advendventure.57094/#post-756000

So you have to have balance. Multi accounts should be pushable offence in advents. Draws can happen for a number of reasons and i will emit i have lost advents in the past because of my own team mates might have been so bad that the only way to make them learn is to lose instead of making up for bad play.

Last edited:

Apelatia

Thank you for bringing this up, Senoras*B. We are currently discussing this issue within the moderation team. We hope to have an official ruling on the problem available publicly for players to refer to very soon.

We are not currently dishing out bans to any players for coordinating draws in adventures. Any bans given thus far have been for other reasons.

Twista Edit - Official announcements will be posted soon regarding this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senoras*B

Twista Edit - Official announcements will be posted soon regarding this issue.
I don't see announcements or rules to take care of this. :( I think i have been patience but it's over a week when this started and we still don't have any official statement there should be one before anything happens. I feel that this is something you want to forget, might be wrong? and you're actually working to get rules to solve this?

If you want to get rid of draws there need to have some changes how to reward teams in adventures. Giving points based on building domination rounds enables draws and players will always find ways to get most of out from the game. As @Fearofmagic and @asdf124 said if players don't feel rewards is worth of time they use losing team will stop playing.

I would think better to give some "base" reward to both teams different from losing and winning side and reward players based on activity, damage given and taken from enemy team, knock outs e.g. this would encourage everyone to play instead of dropping out.

DeletedUser15368

We are not currently dishing out bans to any players for coordinating draws in adventures. Any bans given thus far have been for other reasons.

This reads to me as "don't do something we don't like in adventures or we'll find something else to ban you for", and I feel sorry, and a little horrified, for those players effected by this.

I don't think you should seek to punish players for breaking no rules simply because you don't like what they are doing, by giving the other team points. Calling this pushing is clutching at straws a bit, as the horribly outdated pushing rule in force here only refers to experience and cash, neither of which you earn from adventures.

The majority of adventures I've played have been terribly one sided affairs, and i'm actually proud of the community for self-addressing that by giving the weaker team points, which translates to VP for everyone. This will do nothing but encourage those weaker players to continue playing adventures and improve themselves. But maybe i'm missing out on something, maybe there's a reason I can't get my head around as to why punishing players for being nice, in a half-finished mini-game, is a good idea.

This needs to be addressed at a development level, or at least actually add a rule that prohibits deliberately playing for a draw, in which case it will most likely simply become an unspoken agreement amongst adventurers regulars.

I don't see announcements or rules to take care of this. :( I think i have been patience but it's over a week when this started and we still don't have any official statement there should be one before anything happens. I feel that this is something you want to forget, might be wrong? and you're actually working to get rules to solve this?

I'm sure there will be a ruling #InnoSoon™
af2fcdcdf8.png

Apelatia

Please be aware that ban talk is not permitted on the forums. You're free to discuss the rules and what they mean, and where rules are lacking, but referring to specific bans is prohibited. If you have a ban-related query related to yourself, then please submit a ticket. It won't be answered by a moderator here on the public forum.

This reads to me as "don't do something we don't like in adventures or we'll find something else to ban you for", and I feel sorry, and a little horrified, for those players effected by this.

Wonder if a warning was given before the ban, or if it went straight to moderator discretion on the issue. I don't think you should seek to punish players for breaking no rules simply because you don't like what they are doing, by giving the other team points.

With all due respect, Lulu, please don't speculate about something you have not the slightest information nor knowledge about. What took place is none of your business. As I said in my previous post, an announcement will be made in the upcoming days about the act of "playing for draws" in Adventures. I can't tell you exactly when it will be posted, because I don't know, but it will come soon.

DeletedUser35101

Any game rule should be made by INNO and all rules should be same for every language server.

But before rules on adventures are made, devs should fix them in manner of how teams are assigned... not once has it happen that one team has twice more hp and at same time also better weapons than ones they are fighting against. Not a very fair start and not players fault.

And i know i'll now go offtopic and know this is topic about adventures and not fortbattles... but same can be said if one team in fortbattle has 80 people in it and other side only 20... 80 vs 20 is very much overpowered!! And those 80 people could kill and end battle quickly but can also drag it out to as much as they can so they all benefit from extra bonds on longer lasting battle, which is also something that is happening on worlds

DeletedUser15368

Any game rule should be made by INNO and all rules should be same for every language server.
Different markets have different needs, and the persons making those all-encompassing rules probably won't take those into account. So it's nice to have some flexibility at a local level.

And i know i'll now go offtopic and know this is topic about adventures and not fortbattles... but same can be said if one team in fortbattle has 80 people in it and other side only 20... 80 vs 20 is very much overpowered!! And those 80 people could kill and end battle quickly but can also drag it out to as much as they can so they all benefit from extra bonds on longer lasting battle, which is also something that is happening on worlds
Don't tell the mods, but during the event, I killed myself in fort battles on purpose in order to get double eggs, this is clearly pushing but I seem to have gotten away with it so far. /s

Please be aware that ban talk is not permitted on the forums.
To which forum rule are you referring? Because I don't see any.

With all due respect, Lulu, please don't speculate about something you have not the slightest information nor knowledge about.
All the info I used to "speculate" was from:
I have been talking with all the players banned and some of those players have been very clear that ban was set only because of draw. According to them and the info I have get from support team draw is pushing and it's bannable offence.
Now obviously this isn't the official version of how things went, but it's the only information most of us have, and obviously the OP believed and was concerned enough about what he was told that he made this thread. I simply share their concerns.

What took place is none of your business
I never mentioned any specific players, I don't even know who was banned, but if what's being said in this thread is true, it's the entire community's business. Mods shouldn't seek to punish players in order to get their way, especially for stuff they simply don't agree with unless there's actually a rule about it, and straight up banning people in these circumstances, for something so minor, with not even a warning first, is insane. I do hope this thread is factually lacking, however there's no evidence of that.
First they came for the adventurers who gave points to the other team, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an adventurer.

Then they came for the duellers who KO themselves on their friends to get rid of bounties, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a dueller.

Then they came for the traders who give new players gear and cash, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trader.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes from time to time. I don't want a witch-hunt, I just want fairness and compassion from our community leaders, not pushing their personal preferences for how the game should be played by using their powers. Could very well be the case that this isn't happening, but I guess we'll never know... unless you talk to the players who were effected :rolleyes:

Edit: Since I posted this, one of the players effected reached out to me and provided more context, now that i have the slightest bit of "information and knowledge", I have nothing to change about my post.

Snr Sarg

To which forum rule are you referring? Because I don't see any.

it's the entire community's business. Mods shouldn't seek to punish players in order to get their way, especially for stuff they simply don't agree with unless there's actually a rule about it, and straight up banning people in these circumstances, for something so minor, with not even a warning first, is insane.

I don't want a witch-hunt, I just want fairness and compassion from our community leaders, not pushing their personal preferences for how the game should be played by using their powers. Could very well be the case that this isn't happening, but I guess we'll never know... unless you talk to the players who were effected :rolleyes:

These points from Lulu sum up my thoughts on the matter very neatly

DeletedUser30399

But before rules on adventures are made, devs should fix them in manner of how teams are assigned... not once has it happen that one team has twice more hp and at same time also better weapons than ones they are fighting against. Not a very fair start and not players fault.

Since the assigning is based on players levels you will always have this , let's call it dis-balance , but I agree something should change . Few ideas are : adventure played count , gun dmg on signing ( but then shouldn't have the option to change it ) etc . Also ignore list for players not to be in my team ( as promised will be considered , maybe ) .

Also regarding DRAW , even that in this case mean " = " this never occurred due to always one team has Victory and the other is Defeated :)

asdf124

edit>
(Edit End)
Since the assigning is based on players levels you will always have this , let's call it dis-balance , but I agree something should change . Few ideas are : adventure played count , gun dmg on signing ( but then shouldn't have the option to change it ) etc . Also ignore list for players not to be in my team ( as promised will be considered , maybe ) .

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-balance-maker.56091/

This was proposed a long time ago, it didn't even get into the voting phase. However, I might as well ask for it to reach that again!

Last edited:

ScarletKisses

Would be good to see end to the bullying of players who wont play the way you may want, especially i may be a bannable offensive that they want to use. Swift Clarifcation on what and what isnt allowed is needed as soon as possible. So Everyone knows.

Apelatia

We're working to get the link to the forum rules fixed again. We had an issue when the forum changed over to the new host, and we haven't yet been able to fix it. The link should be working soon. For now, know that ban talk is not permitted on this forum.

At no point has a moderator on this server punished a player to "get their way". On behalf of the moderation team, I can assure you all that has not been happening. There are no personal preferences, only rules to be followed. Anyone suggesting otherwise is merely speculating and is incorrect. If those rules are broken, it's likely a punishment will follow. We appreciate your concerns about the issue raised in this thread. They have been addressed and will shortly be resolved.

This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.