Windows 7

DeletedUser

So who has Windows 7 yet. and who likes it? I'm loving it and have found nothing wrong with it so far. It's so much faster than Vista.. :)

DeletedUser

Alot of people had problems with Vista and stayed with XP but I preferred Vista. But now Windows 7 has just blown my socks off. I love it so bad :laugh:

I had Vista Ultimate.. I know have Windows 7 Ultimate I think

DeletedUser

I've never used 7, but my son says it's much better than Vista (or XP).

DeletedUser

So who has Windows 7 yet. and who likes it? I'm loving it and have found nothing wrong with it so far. It's so much faster than Vista.. :)

Graphic Errors.
Refuses to play games made before 2000.
General Errors.

annoyed me, had to format back to Vista. It was indeed faster, and better, but buggy all the same.

DeletedUser

What graphic errors? I do photoshop and I don't get any.

Games. I haven't installed my games yet ;)

Deleted User - 1278415

I've got Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit Final RC on my main computer at home. I work for an IT department and we got our advanced release copy from Microsoft about month or two early of the Oct 22 release date. This is the final version that we will be able to use to install on live. Its not beta or any of those pirated versions.

I've been using it without any issues, I had Vista Premium 64bit previously. The shutdown and restart times are greatly improved.

I have a core i7 computer with 6GB of RAM and Windows 7 is the OS meant for this computer.

As for issues. I have had some crashes with IE8 and flash based websites, I'm still using the 32bit Internet Explorer on my 64bit system due to Adobe not getting Flash 64bit support. Switched to firefox and those issues went away.

Other than that I now enjoy Windows 7 and I'm a previous Mac Evangilista user who switched from Mac to Windows XP, dispised Vista and enjoy using Windows 7. Just for the record I miss Mac OS classic, cant stand MacOSX

Diggo11

Backwards compatiblity is an arse, but other than that it looks like how Vista should have been made ;)

Deleted User - 819397

I don't like 7, but then again I'm a mac person...go antivirus software!

DeletedUser

hi i use vista basic 32 bit and have found no errors. maybe it is because service pack 2 was already out and updated my vista straight away.
:)

DeletedUser

i have a feeling ill like windows 7 were geting it on black friday

DeletedUser

i'm defently getting windows 7 i can play all of the Vista exclusive games that i wasn't able to play on my xp like halo for example plus more features

DeletedUser

Windows 7 is good :D

I'm so happy I got it. I remember the days where I thought Windows XP was the best :) Bought a new PC, and it came along with it. My brother has it too, after he had vista. All he does is talk about the difference in bugs, and how annoying Vista was.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

im currently on windows 7 candidate release as i cant be bothered to buy it yet, but as im a student i can get it for £30 :D good times

DeletedUser

im currently on windows 7 candidate release as i cant be bothered to buy it yet, but as im a student i can get it for £30 :D good times

you wouldn't happen to have that website would you?

it came up once in class a few weeks ago and I forgot what it was called.

DeletedUser8950

Windows 7 is quiet a big improvement on vista, visually nothing new and a bit of a rip off apple tbh. I'll stick with the latest version of ubuntu for speed though, and with wine it can run most programs it supposedly can't. For gaming,(what little pc gaming I do nowadays, that is) I reckon I'll use the windows7 pc I got.