Why should the town suffer if the founder takes a walk?

DeletedUser

Maybe someone can help me understand why the people left in the town have to wait until the founder hat has been deleted by the system before support will give out a new hat to someone in the town.

It wasn't like that before - it used to be that you had to wait for the founder to be gone for two weeks before support gave out a hat. Deletion is what - 45 days???? Aren't enough towns dying out? Why would you want to prevent the people that are left from keeping things going. Red hats are really depressing to a town. They can easily start a mass exodus... If the town founders aren't worried enough about the town to give out hats before they leave -- they can't care that much about the town anyway... Two weeks was reasonable... 45 days is like a death sentence.

Now there is the new vacation mode. What if a founder goes on vacation without giving out a hat.... town is screwed for months!

Deleted User - 819397

I agree with you on the banning issue. I haven't encountered this before, but I know towns that have. On vacation mode, however, I disagree. Usually a founder will let at least somebody know that they're going to be gone, and eventually the whole town knows. That's not a problem.

DeletedUser

I just heard that if there is only one person in a town, that person has the option to become the town founder. Is that true?

DeletedUser

If the town has no founder, you can put in a support ticket to get someone else promoted. As far as the vacation mode issue, the whole point of vacation mode for a founder is to protect his town and not force him to give a black hat to someone he doesn't fully trust. Forcing him to do so would render vacation mode completely useless.

DeletedUser

Please do not misunderstand me here. I am not trying to cause trouble, and I am not trying to undermine the system. My concern is for people I have known during my time in this game who encountered these problems and watch their town die because people see the red hat and start leaving. The game has a built in flaw so far as protecting its founders anyway... If the founder can't trust someone enough to give them a founder hat then they are trapped in the town, and can't even go out to shop... Otherwise there won't be a way to get his hat back because a councilor can only give him a councilor hat when he returns. It is valid in the case of these towns to say that the people have put a lot into their town - they donate money, they defend the town, they build it - they write in the forums and create the town's history, and its unique story. That means something. So many ghost towns... you can start one up, but the previous life of the town is gone...