why not call them worlds 8a and 8b?

DeletedUser

I think that would have made the mutual exclusivity a bit more self-evident.

DeletedUser

i dont know,if they did
Well. Guess we cleared that one up.

lock.gif

DeletedUser

Because you can only join one or the other. You can not belong to both. What the logic was behind that I am not sure but that is how they were setting up worlds 8 and 9.

DeletedUser

The most logical reason is that after beta there will be a limit as to how many different worlds you can participate in without buffing up your Nuggets. This may be the "leisure entertainments" business, but it's a business nonetheless and too many freebies dent the old profit margins... Ergo: they need to implement & test code to prevent you from joining Worlds when you no longer 'qualify' (for whatever reason) - and the test subject in this case is 8 OR 9.

Sheer conjecture on my part, but I can't honestly see any other reason for it.

DeletedUser

I think it should be 8a and 8b also. Seems kinda funny h ow you can only join one, but they're 2 seperate worlds.

DeletedUser

a and b makes it seem like you could move one character to either and retain stats.

DeletedUser

Silverado Kid is a genius.

And it takes one to know one.

Therefore he is a genius.

DeletedUser

Because you can only join one or the other. You can not belong to both.

Huh? You basically just explained what 'mutually exclusive' means. That doesn't answer my question, which is WHY they are mutally exclusive.

Silverado Kid's conjecture seems plausible. Though I'm thinking there has to be more to it than that.

DeletedUser

Nah, that's it, cuz I'm a genius. It takes one to know one - therefore it stands to reason I must be a genius! :D

Seriously though, you're probably right, there probably is something more to it, but getting that particular 'qualifying' code working perfectly is absolutely imperative to this particular business model so I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the main reason.

Not that it really matters, I s'pose...