Why don't you fort fight?

Bad Billy Jack

Bumping this thread also cuz it has a lot of great comments about "fixing" fort battles.

Please keep your suggestions coming folks!

DeletedUser34976

To be honest fort fighting is the same every single battle. I think that the Devs should be looking to maybe make the map bigger so the attack can pull of more different tactics same goes for the defense. At the moment every battle seems to be the same to me.

DeletedUser

Why don't I fort fight any more? Time.

To be honest fort fighting is the same every single battle. I think that the Devs should be looking to maybe make the map bigger so the attack can pull of more different tactics same goes for the defense. At the moment every battle seems to be the same to me.

They are all pretty much the same. They were more fun when strategy played a bigger role than hp. When 5k hp was a lot and everybody hid behind those "huge 5k hp tanks". West Forts kept me going for a long time, but I wasn't have much fun with fort battles for quite a while before I finally quit.

Harsha..

Why don't I fort fight any more? Time.

They are all pretty much the same. They were more fun when strategy played a bigger role than hp. When 5k hp was a lot and everybody hid behind those "huge 5k hp tanks". West Forts kept me going for a long time, but I wasn't have much fun with fort battles for quite a while before I finally quit.

+1

I simply don't understand the current crop's devotion to FFs. It's simply the same thing over and over again. Silly, silly players who wake up at 2 AM, stop working in the middle of a day just to be online for the same thing they saw yesterday; who put every point they got into HP. It all simply doesn't make sense anymore.

The pressures of being a fort fighter are also great. You gotta be an onliner or you don't get in, you also gotta have the latest set items. nah, i aint interested in playing like that. I'm here in the game to have a BREAK from the rat-races in RL

Like i mentioned in the other thread, HP is the culprit. It would be prudent that the effect of HP goes down like with the other skills, as you put more in it. (ie - tanks receive higher damage than their low-hp counterparts).

DeletedUser34767

HP

Don't have enough. Would rather keep my AP/SP for jobbing for the quests and crafting supplies. That is how I roll. :)

DeletedUser

Don't have enough. Would rather keep my AP/SP for jobbing for the quests and crafting supplies. That is how I roll. :)

For 120s that's not even necessary any more. 120 pure health can do every single job now. Yeah, it's dangerous, and doing a job like break up gangs even twice is going to KO you, but it can still be done.

DeletedUser34767

For 120s that's not even necessary any more. 120 pure health can do every single job now. Yeah, it's dangerous, and doing a job like break up gangs even twice is going to KO you, but it can still be done.

Not a 120 yet. :)

As I still have a number of high level quests left, I'd prefer to be able to grind through them as they become available, without having to spend a bunch of time sleeping in hotels and forts. 82 levels down and I have still not been killed at a job.

DeletedUser

Same reasons as everyone else why I will be changing skills again soon. Not enough strategies, same thing every time with HP and luck being more important than player skill.

Like others, I would like to see other criteria that could be achieved to win like a list of events that need to happen, different battle fields or landscapes that offer advantages / disadvantages to attackers, or other weapons like cannons or explosives to breach walls / destroy towers. With crafting, these could easily be possible and require all 4 crafts to create something at a level of 600+.

I would also like to see an AI strategy screen that a general could pre-plan a move / moves for all offline players before the battle starts as too many people just join as offline and sit there, and also because the AI is so whacky sometimes that the offliners who have followed instructions sometimes go totally the wrong direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I play a lot of worlds, and across them I cover a few reasons why people choose not to fort fight.

On one world I have other interests (duelling). The same goes for many players, not everyone can be expected to have fort fighting as their main interest.

On another world I'm searching for Key 3, which I've been doing for 6 months now, and I won't be attending any fort battles until I get my GG.

In Dakota I'm currently questing for the first two keys and will then go on to get Key 3, but I haven't been to a fort fight in a long time there despite initially intending to put some effort into that world. That didn't last long, as to be honest I ran out of motivation for fort battles long ago and stopped bothering to be online on any world, and I chose to instead level up by church building rather than send myself offline to either miss the battle or die in a few rounds with my 2k HP.

On Colorado, my main world, I usually attend every battle but recently stopped attending at all due to getting annoyed at constant crap ranking and missing battles (I have almost 16k HP there, so I can understand why people with less HP must feel frustrated at missing battles. But then again, rankers there tend to go for the 3k offliners over 15k offliners, but let's not go there...).

My other three worlds do attend fort battles, albeit offline.

DeletedUser3543

Politics!

That's pretty much the reason for me! The game is meant to be fun, but the constant griping, moaning, back stabbing etc etc just gets tiresome after a while!

That and crap ranking!

I appreciate FF is all about HP etc, but if someone makes an effort to rock up to a battle and be online then they should get a shot. Way too many times I've seen people make the effort only to be cut loose in favour of an offliner with more HP. Folk loose interest way too quickly when that happens and who can blame them? Todays 1.5k HP onliner is tomorrows 10k HP onliner if given the opportunity to try the FF out.....

DeletedUser30224

Politics!

That's pretty much the reason for me! The game is meant to be fun, but the constant griping, moaning, back stabbing etc etc just gets tiresome after a while!

That and crap ranking!

I appreciate FF is all about HP etc, but if someone makes an effort to rock up to a battle and be online then they should get a shot. Way too many times I've seen people make the effort only to be cut loose in favour of an offliner with more HP. Folk loose interest way too quickly when that happens and who can blame them? Todays 1.5k HP onliner is tomorrows 10k HP onliner if given the opportunity to try the FF out.....
In the same way yesterday's 10k HP offline tank is today 1.5k HP onliner because he was not ranked for the past 10 battles because he couldn't attend at 5 AM when he is usually sleeping.

Double edged sword my friend, look at your problems from a wider perspective than your own. If you think you know a better ranking system than what is sporting atm, please amaze us. And before you say that online priority, I just want to let you know that some of us are thinking about forts and not individuals, cause individuals didn't win the fort in the first place, so if you'd rather lose the fort while not paying attention to offline HP, not many might agree, especially those offline tanks that were not ranked and then come after the battle to tell you that it could all be prevented if you would have only ranked them in favor of those 1.5k onliners.

And here's another tip for you: If you do not pay attention to regular fort fighters, you are alienating them. That mean you should prioritize regulars over casuals as well, if the HP difference between a regular and casual is -1k HP, will you still choose the casual ?

Ranking is not easy, and if you disagree, you didn't rank nearly enough battles to convince me otherwise.

DeletedUser3543

To be fair, I feel the pertinent part of my post was the "the game is meant to be fun" bit ;)

So what if a fort gets lost? It's not the end of the world, no-one actually, physically dies. The number of forts just shifts from one alliance to another, when the alliances get unbalanced people swap around and the balance gets roughly restored again.

Make FFs more fun and less serious and participation may rise.

I don't have the answers, nor do I pretend to have them, just answering the original question : 'why don't you fort fight?'....

DeletedUser30224

And I am just telling you that if you just expect fort fights to be "made fun and less serious" we will have no participation in forts. I don't know if you remember poker ... that was fun and not serious at all, see where that went.

So what if a fort is lost? It requires a great amount of effort to get it, why would you squander it away for the happiness of 2-3 players that might have otherwise have gotten a rank? Serious, it takes effort to take a fort :)

I am all for fun, and always trying to rank onliners as I do not have a thick enough hide to tell the low hp onliners to take it or leave it, but I am not fighting on colorado or dakota where I presume the ranking system is criticised strongest because of the online participation.

Deleted User - 1278415

You want fun then, bring back cash fort battles. Those were fun. It was like a secret club. 1st rule you bring the Cash fee
2nd rule better bring the cash fee.
3rd rule if this is your first cash fort fight you have to die.

those were the good ol days when fort fighting was fun.

DeletedUser

You want fun then, bring back cash fort battles. Those were fun. It was like a secret club. 1st rule you bring the Cash fee
2nd rule better bring the cash fee.
3rd rule if this is your first cash fort fight you have to die.

those were the good ol days when fort fighting was fun.

Real battles were always more fun than the fake, exploitative, greed fest that was cash battles. Bringing them back would do nothing to improve real battles.