Why don't I get experience/XP for dueling anymore?

Discussion in 'Helpful Reference Section' started by Baron Dirk, Dec 31, 2008.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Dirk

Baron Dirk Guest

So I have been duelling quite a bit since the town founders only want builders building. But for over two days I have gained about 2 experience points for all the duels I have fought and it has been a lot. I have tried fighting lower level duellers ( only 2 levels below or less. It only seems fair). I have fought higher level duellers ( up to 8 levels above and won) yet I don't get any experience points. Yet if even the high level duellers kick my ass they get 41, 49 or 51 ex.p? What gives?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Loki31

Loki31 Guest

What is your motivation for dueling? Yes, even dueling has a motivation bar, no different than any other job.

The higher ur motivation, the more xp you'll get.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  3. Totentag

Totentag Guest

You know, I had figured the motivation bar would effect your chances of winning a duel or completing a job. I never would have guessed it was just experience. Thanks, man. I'll have to keep that in mind.

4. Loki31

Loki31 Guest

Yeah, if you let it drop under 80% you'll notice that people you would normally get +80xp on now only give you +50something and then I guess if you dont notice, you'll end up in the single digits eventually.

5. it affect the exp but not the dueling result.

6. shadow dragon

shadow dragon Well-Known Member

Which can actually be used as an advantage because your character could stay on a lower dueling level. This would then allow you to duel more people which in effect would let you earn more money even though you would be earning no experience.

7. Baron Dirk

Baron Dirk Guest

Apparently so! I guess dueling is a part time business. I have found that after so much dueling I am making more Xp picking corn! Ha Ha!

8. Buckshot Roberts

Buckshot Roberts Member

May be a dumb question, but where is your dueling motivation bar shown? I have my health, energy and experience bars, and when I do jobs, I can see the job motivation bars, but I don't get anything like that when dueling. Is there a motivation bar I haven't found, because for the last few days I've been dueling and getting 0 experience?

Thanks

9. It is in the saloon screen. Top right hand side. So you can always check it before you click on "duel".

LooseFromTheNoose likes this.
  10. Gem

Gem Guest

I have moved this to my helpful section as I think it crops up quite a bit.

Thanks for all the clear answers guys :)

LooseFromTheNoose likes this.
  11. Gem

Gem Guest

I'd like to add you can also find your duelling motivation in another town's saloon as well. If your town does not have a mortician or if you are not in the town you will not see this bar as you cannot duel or be duelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.