Why are berries hard to come by?

Red Falcon

Hello again everybody.

My brother is a Tonic Peddlar...This is his crafting profession. Keeping this in mine, he has tried several times to buy fresh handfuls of berries on the market only to find none available. this leads me to ask the following question...Why are berries hard to come by? They are not hard to get by doing the Picking Berries job and they are a fairly common job drop also. Do berries have some sort of special significance? If so, please enlighten me. What is their purpose? Any helpful answers are appreciated...Cheers!

Ripwise

Hello again everybody.

My brother is a Tonic Peddlar...This is his crafting profession. Keeping this in mine, he has tried several times to buy fresh handfuls of berries on the market only to find none available. this leads me to ask the following question...Why are berries hard to come by? They are not hard to get by doing the Picking Berries job and they are a fairly common job drop also. Do berries have some sort of special significance? If so, please enlighten me. What is their purpose? Any helpful answers are appreciated...Cheers!

The fact that they are easy to come by makes them not a rare commodity thus the price isnt high enough to go trough hassle of collecting for the purpose of selling.

DeletedUser

Things that need berries for crafting are rather useless plus berries do have rather low drop rate (1h = 216%) so as Ripwise said, price is also low and if you want to earn money there are much better things to collect and sell.

DeletedUser5046

SO fortunate for me since berries drop easy and more than 1 pc at 10min - 1 hr... im an adventurer..i believe it has to do with your skills and the job requirements. i have most of my skill points on blue (dexterity).. its easier for me to do most common jobs and have a high drop rate. I hope that could help :)

Diggo11

If market offers didn't expire, it'd probably be flooded with products like berries.

DeletedUser36559

They are not really hard to come by, players have found easier and faster ways to obtain money rather than selling berries in bulk in the market.

Red Falcon

Hmm...It seems as though, according to the responses on here, most players don't want to be bothered selling berries in bulk on the world market in spite of their fairly high job drop rate. Seems unfortunate if you ask me.

Red Falcon

Which one?

The Walker questline during xmas took a lot of berries.

Oh really? And which quest-line are we talking about here? And I think if there were more players (Or bored cowboys/cowgirls) who had hundreds of berries left over from stocking up on them, then they could offer to sell them to their friends or town-mates. I think this would be good if people who were friends or in the same town would offer item exchanges more often. I don't see any reason to doubt it never happens, but none of my friends ever speak to me and ask me if there's anything I need. Nor do I ever ask them. I guess friendship on The West is one of those things where everybody goes about their own business...Correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser

I'm a Field-Cook and I'm ALWAYS running out of Berries. I did see some on the market recently in W1, but someone was asking ridiculous amounts of money for them. They were offering about 100 of them, but for the price, I'd rather sacrifice a few days and do nothing but Picking Berries and get them myself. I do like to save up the free Nuggets though and - when I have enough - take out the 'Higher Income' premium. This increased the drop-rate of all jobs. Nice. :)

DeletedUser

Higher income does NOT increase product drop rate.
what? of course it does...

//thanks for the negative reputation kind stranger...can't handle the truth? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mixing Higher Income with Character Bonus for Adventurers (that's what I am) is obviously the best way to go, but in the event of limited Nuggets, I go with Higher Income. :)